What do you ladies do for a living?

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Amanda, has there been a similiar thread? If so, my apologies and feel free to delete.

I just accepted an offer today as the marketing director of an architecture firm here in Chicago. Whee!

What do you ladies do? The Hermes girls found an extraordinary amount of lawyers within their forum. I wonder if we'll see any trends.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't believe you're a marketing director at 22, that is AWESOME!! I think you should reward yourself with a little somethin' somethin'... :graucho:

I'm in private wealth management in LA.

View from my office. I've spent many hours just gazing outside. If you look very closely, the small white thing in the very center is the Hollywood sign.

Picture002-3.jpg

I wish I had a view like that!! I work in the accounting dept. for the water utility company here in central NY..Then I go home and do all the paperwork for my husband's business (auto body repair)..VERY busy all the time..My whole life is about numbers...probably a good thing b/c I'm constantly scheming on how to afford my next bag w/o scavenging from my savings..typical..

I am also a domestic engineer, and dh is the one who is working hard to support my hobbiesss!:love: Long ago, I worked as a social worker in a convalescent hospital. It was a very depressing place, so I quitted. But again, maybe that's when I was young and inexperienced...who knows...maybe I will go back to my career when my girls grow a bit older! I miss my paychecks, and those days that I spent without feeling the guilt!:wlae:

i have two jobs--i am a doctor(specializing in psychiatry--i treat traumatized war veterans) by day and a jewelry store employee and aspiring jewelry designer by night. i befriended my jeweler and then he asked me to help out for him one holiday season, the rest is history. i have designed a couple of things for his customers and for myself as well. one day, i will leave medicine and maybe do jewelry designing fulltime, we'll see....

i have two jobs--i am a doctor(specializing in psychiatry--i treat traumatized war veterans) by day and a jewelry store employee and aspiring jewelry designer by night. i befriended my jeweler and then he asked me to help out for him one holiday season, the rest is history. i have designed a couple of things for his customers and for myself as well. one day, i will leave medicine and maybe do jewelry designing fulltime, we'll see....

Mick... you like to design jewelry...? thats so cool... i love designing metal jewelry too. i took a metal arts class in college and made several different metal jewelry pieces. wish i could do it for a living. not only jewelry making but metal arts in general....
anyways, as for now, i am a computer engineer :yucky: pretty boring......

How I miss LA :sad:

even though im down every weekend haha!
Ill be there for 3 months this summer, specifically the westwood area...cannot wait...robertson blvd and BH is a hop skip away...AHHH

View from my office. I've spent many hours just gazing outside. If you look very closely, the small white thing in the very center is the Hollywood sign.

Picture002-3.jpg

Amanda, has there been a similiar thread? If so, my apologies and feel free to delete.

I just accepted an offer today as the marketing director of an architecture firm here in Chicago. Whee!

What do you ladies do? The Hermes girls found an extraordinary amount of lawyers within their forum. I wonder if we'll see any trends.

wow, sorry to sound nosey, but how did you become a DIRECTOR at age 22...child prodigy? haha

congrats non the less