Marc Jacobs Checks into Rehab

Sad. Is it me, or does it seem that you can't be famous nowadays without a stint in rehab? I stopped pitying celebs in rehab a long time ago, because they really seem to be determined to ruin ther lives, despite all the blessings they have. There are people living on the streets, but we are supposed to baby some spoiled, wealthy celebrity who turned to drugs/alcohol in response to a little stress. Hmm, I have stress, alot of people have stress, and are not drug addicts.

Sad. Is it me, or does it seem that you can't be famous nowadays without a stint in rehab? I stopped pitying celebs in rehab a long time ago, because they really seem to be determined to ruin ther lives, despite all the blessings they have. There are people living on the streets, but we are supposed to baby some spoiled, wealthy celebrity who turned to drugs/alcohol in response to a little stress. Hmm, I have stress, alot of people have stress, and are not drug addicts.

I think you really need to learn about respect and being understanding. I'm quite sure they're not out to ruin their lives and last time I check - they have more stress than an average person. That is, unless if you appear on tv, internet, magazines; have the world watch, judge, criticize everything you do or say; can't live a normal life, I could go on, but I want to speak for anyone famous - than I think you have the right to say that. They don't need your pity; think before you write something so naiive.

I think you really need to learn about respect and being understanding. I'm quite sure they're not out to ruin their lives and last time I check - they have more stress than an average person. That is, unless if you appear on tv, internet, magazines; have the world watch, judge, criticize everything you do or say; can't live a normal life, I could go on, but I want to speak for anyone famous - than I think you have the right to say that. They don't need your pity; think before you write something so naiive.

I Think U Need To Chill Out And Let People Say W.e They Wanna Say...

I know about respect and understanding, thank you. And I am not naive. I CERTAINLY don't need a lecture from you. They chose the life they lead, and it is their responsibility to deal with it. How dare you say, by the way, that the "average" person can't understand. I am not going to delve into my personal life, but believe me when I say that I have dealt with things that would drive alot of people to drinking, but I didn't take the easy way out. I don't know what it is like to be a homeless, unemployed single mother, or a lonely elderly person who can't pay their bills, or a paraplegic, but to me that would be far worse than being criticised on TV.

Why don't I have much sympathy for these celebs? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that most go into "phony" celeb rehab, and then dive right back into the same scene when they finish the program. If they sincerely try to turn around their life, that is one thing, but it almost seems to be the ultimate publicity stunt/get out of jail free card for celebs.

easy dude, she's entitled to her opinion. i may not agree with everything the poster had to say but i don't agree with what you had to say about the poster. respect eachother's opinion, even if we don't agree. that can go a long way to the respect and understanding you were talking about. we can disagree without name calling

I know about respect and understanding, thank you. And I am not naive. I CERTAINLY don't need a lecture from you. They chose the life they lead, and it is their responsibility to deal with it. How dare you say, by the way, that the "average" person can't understand. I am not going to delve into my personal life, but believe me when I say that I have dealt with things that would drive alot of people to drinking, but I didn't take the easy way out. I don't know what it is like to be a homeless, unemployed single mother, or a lonely elderly person who can't pay their bills, or a paraplegic, but to me that would be far worse than being criticised on TV.

Why don't I have much sympathy for these celebs? Maybe it has something to do with the fact that most go into "phony" celeb rehab, and then dive right back into the same scene when they finish the program. If they sincerely try to turn around their life, that is one thing, but it almost seems to be the ultimate publicity stunt/get out of jail free card for celebs.

Frankly I don't want to hear your life story. I just feel it was very rude of you to insult Marc Jacobs, say that he's ruining his life and other statements that mentioned when he left himself so vulnerable as going to rehab. I am strongly against drugs, and drinking but he got into rehab himself, and is asking for help. I for one, give him support and wish him the best.