Antique Peranakan Jewellery

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

Happy New Year All Intan Lovers,

Like to share with you all my latest purchase of Intan Kolosan (from the same shop Kim Poh Hong Goldsmith) This Kolosan matches very well with the red Kebaya I wore during Chinese New Year.
My friend that went with me, was so engrossed with the Intan Display, she ended up
buying a pair of "Phoneix Tail" shape earring She was very happy over it.
very nice...post some photos of the items in use next time...TQ and a happy CNY.

Hi Peter, I cant help but noticed that u r quite well versed of Spore's Intan jewellery even though u r staying in Sarawak. I m impressed. When I was looking to buy an intan bracelet, i did a search & saw some pictures taken from a shop in Sarawak. So many beautiful pieces...so tempted to fly there to take a look hahaha...

Hi all Intan lovers, I m new to this....but I really like the pieces that was shown..especially taiqi's necklace. Real beauty & must have cost a bomb even if its reasonable....
Hi Nyonya Lyn,
Glad you like my Intan Necklace, I look around many shops for Intan Jewellery,
and happen to find this shop , I finally find the design I am looking for, they really
have a wide selections !
You are looking for Intan bracelet, this shop too have a wide selections of
Intan braceet, you might find one you like

i did a search & saw some pictures taken from a shop in Sarawak. So many beautiful pieces...so tempted to fly there to take a look hahaha...

Lyn, it is so easy and cheap to come to kuching these days...Airasia and Tiger Air flights are cheap when you booked in advance....and the cost of the jewelery???? you wont regret.hihi

Lyn, it is so easy and cheap to come to kuching these days...Airasia and Tiger Air flights are cheap when you booked in advance....and the cost of the jewelery???? you wont regret.hihi

Hi Peter...Tks for the info but u know la ah being a woman...the more I see the more I may want to buy hahaha. Mayb one day I may reach there & u can help to bring me around, lol:graucho:

Hi Nyonya Lyn,
Glad you like my Intan Necklace, I look around many shops for Intan Jewellery,
and happen to find this shop , I finally find the design I am looking for, they really
have a wide selections !
You are looking for Intan bracelet, this shop too have a wide selections of
Intan braceet, you might find one you like

Hi Taiqi... ah yo I know they have a wide selection but I bought mine recently, in a pawnshop..... :blush:. Anyway, my budget is not that much hahaha...

No, not peranakan but i have a lot of peranakan exposure from my extended families...

That is really amazing....some peranakan I know don't even bother with their heritage. It is really good to know non peranakan can be so well versed on my culture. Anyway it is a dying trend...I think my generation will be the last to follow. Most of the peranakan's I know married a non peranakan...like me hahaha. I m now trying to pass on my culture to my children by telling them more & speaking the language to them like my parents used to do...

bagpunk, looking forward to see your photo:smile:. i must try to take some pictures tomorrow at the shop here and show you the cause of my "madness"!! I am in the same "overpaid" league as you too...but because of that, i was able to get some gorgeous stuffs, was fussy when i was younger but now i just dont think too much....

simplysplendid, also looking forward to your photos... a bit out of date when it comes to new peranakan jewelery..

sorry to take so long!! :P here it is, do you think i have been SUCKERED BIG TIME by that UPSTAIRS shop at TANGLIN SHOPPING CENTRE?

to refresh your memory, they are silver, cast and modern repro (because i can feel rough edges all over and they have loops at the tips of the first and last piece, they should not be there right?), low grade emeralds.

i paid SG $1500 (sigh....)

judging from the flow and lines of design, this is probably made from a cast of genuine antique kerosang.

(so sorry for the blurry pics! i don't know what else to do i have tried everything... )

120320121956.jpg

120320121959.jpg

sorry to take so long!! :P here it is, do you think i have been SUCKERED BIG TIME by that UPSTAIRS shop at TANGLIN SHOPPING CENTRE?

to refresh your memory, they are silver, cast and modern repro (because i can feel rough edges all over and they have loops at the tips of the first and last piece, they should not be there right?), low grade emeralds.

judging from the flow and lines of design, this is probably made from a cast of genuine antique kerosang.

(so sorry for the blurry pics! i don't know what else to do i have tried everything... )

Bagpunk, i am happy that you posted the pictures..it will help others to compare the ones posted by others and know the real good stuffs to buy. Now to solve the "blurry" problem.. if you use a compact camera; the point and shoot one, there is usually a macro function that you need to activate before you could take close up pictures, otherwise just move back a bit from the subject and you should be able to get reasonable sharpness..

I think you have paid a lot but dont let that kill your enthusiasm..let that be a lesson and now i know you would be more careful in the future...dont commit first..ask or do a bit of research before buying. Being "conned" is part and parcel of growing pains, fortunately it isnt anything too substantial, like buying a house .. ..It would be a shame to have the bad taste too long over thing like this. I consider myself reasonably intelligent but i was "conned" a few times because i was lazy or careless when i dealt with some sellers...painful at times but life goes on...when people wants to con us they could really be so convincing!!!!!....

120320121956.jpg

120320121959.jpg
Hi Bagpunk.

Sorry to know about your purchase...... Thanks for sharing with us your experience...
Well ,we learn from mistake...
So all Intan lovers everyone have to be very careful when we make our purchases
Keep going.....