Kate Upton

Apr 14, 2011
I think i found my new girl crush, i'm obsessed!!!

What do you guys think about her? To be honest i didnt think she looked that great in sports illustrated, that bikini was way too small and not flattering at all but she's been looking really pretty on TV lately. I think she might be america's new 'it girl' and she's only 19!

article-0-11BE28B6000005DC-818_634x1036.jpg

article-2102018-11C2CD3D000005DC-611_634x878.jpg

article-2102656-11C6CFFD000005DC-686_306x740.jpg
article-2100685-11BAA419000005DC-501_306x727.jpg

Kate-Upton905734.jpg

^She's on the cover of the new sports illustrated, i've never heard of her either until now, she's been doing alot of press and i've been hearing about her everywhere, i think she's so pretty

^^ :-s I don't like the cover AT ALL, but she looks good in some of her other bikini pictures. Her face is prettier than her figure IMO. She looks great in that white bikini though. She looked better a little thicker I think. She's got that washed out model look going on right now (that's the best I can describe it LOL). It makes her look way older and tired than she is.

Isn't she self made or was discovered online? I saw her on the Today show I think. I think she made a website for her self and then just became what she projected. Kind of like Bieber.

^I didn't post pictures from her spreads because they look crazy photoshopped..they mostly focus on her tummy..she doesn't have much of a waist but I still think she is really pretty and sexy looking!

I think started getting famous because of that dougie video and because there were rumors her and Kanye hooked up.

That's what Wikipedia says.

I've read that too but I think she started gaining fame for her dougie video.

Sports Illustrated Model Kate Upton Called 'Page 3 Girl' by Victoria's Secret

New Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Kate Upton has been called a "page 3" girl by Victoria's Secret, who has said that the model will never appear on one of their runways.

The remark has revealed the divergence of fashion from traditional venues like runway modeling to the new power social celebrities.

Kate Upton, who recently helped kick off New York's Fashion Week, is rumored to ...

Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou, the cast director for the Victoria's Secret Fashion show, has stated that rising model Kate Upton will never walk the runway for Victoria's Secret. Though Neophitou-Apostolou admitted that Victoria's Secret had previously employed Upton for catalogue work, she also implied that Upton wasn't front-page material.

"She's like a page 3 girl," Ms. Neophitou told The New York Times by telephone from London.

The director also called Upton's look "too obvious" and easily purchased. "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy."

However, Neophitou-Apostolou isn't be the first person to underestimate Upton's "fashion" look. "When Kate first came in, everyone at the agency thought I was crazy," Ivan Bart of IMG Models told The Times about the first time he introduced Upton.

"She wasn't 'fashion' enough," said Bart.

But that didn't stop him from signing Upton, whose claim to fame started with a YouTube video of her doing "the Dougie," a popular hip-hop dance. "Kate is bigger than fashion," Bart said. "She's the Jayne Mansfield of the Internet."

Fans readily agreed. "All the snobbery aside, I say congratulations to Miss Upton on her success, making waves and annoying some pretentious people in the fashion industry.
She's clearly a game changer whether you like it or not," dannomusic43 stated on the Times' blog.

Others suggested that models with that "fashion look" are often not really that appealing to the masses. "Nice to see a model who looks alive and of this world. What passes for beauty in fashion models is scary and sick," Dave wrote.

Upton is also aware of the secret behind her success. "What can I say?" she told The Times. "I'm relatable."

"People told me I couldn't be fashion, that I'm just an old-fashioned body girl, only good for swimwear," Upton said. "But I knew that I could bring back the supermodel."

Upton has joined the likes of other stars like Justin Bieber, who have reached world wide fame after posting simple videos on YouTube and developing massive followings.

"For a long time, fashion has been going to celebrities," Upton said. "Celebrities are on the magazine covers, and nobody wanted models. But why not have a model celebrity? Why not a girl who comes with her own following? Social media brings a personality to models. That's how consumers today decide what to buy.

http://global.christianpost.com/news/sports-illustrated-model-kate-upton-called-page-3-girl-by-victorias-secret-69752/

^^ :-s I don't like the cover AT ALL, but she looks good in some of her other bikini pictures. Her face is prettier than her figure IMO. She looks great in that white bikini though. She looked better a little thicker I think. She's got that washed out model look going on right now (that's the best I can describe it LOL). It makes her look way older and tired than she is.

I agree. I don't think she has "staying power".

She's pretty but, honestly... there are prettier girls on tPF!

I'm not big on her. Her pics are way over photoshopped. If you look at some of her runway work, especially around the time of the SI shoot you can see just how much they had to work up her pics. Yes, all the pics are edited, but hers are extremely so.