Your Favorite Non-Designer Handbag?

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to this forum and I've been surfing on a bunch of old threads and noticed that a lot of people say that they don't pay a lot for their handbags (some say the most they pay is $75!). So, I was curious about what you guys own that you love that aren't designer, and what it looks like. If you would like, in the following format:

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag:
2. How much was it:
3. How often do you use it/what for:
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer:
5. The most you've paid for a handbag:
6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can:

Me:
  1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Big Buddha Woodstock
  2. How much was it: I think the first one was $25 after a huge sale, and $30 for the second. Original price was $90!
  3. How often do you use it/what for: Everyday for a long time. I have it in two colours. Usually a daybag and travel bag because it's so big
  4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Big Buddha, Nine West, Aldo
  5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $450 USD for an MBMJ Hillier
  6. Attach image(s) for #1 if you can: I uploaded the two colours I have, and one of me with it!
I LOVE my Big Buddha, too! I found it at Dillard's or something like that marked down to $27. I think it was originally about $99. The material is similar to yours, but it's a deep purplish. The style is a tote with lots of gold hardware. It's really sturdy and I've had people stop me on the street to ask me where I got it.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Ana Sui
2. How much was it: $250 (Japanese department stores are expensive)
3. How often do you use it/what for: wet weather bag/knock about bag
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Garcia Marquez, Mimo (Japanese brands)
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: Maybe $3500 or so for an LV

Love this bag as it can be carried 3 ways - tote (fully extended), shoulder (folded over w/short strap), crossbody (folded over w/long strap):biggrin:

1E3146F8.jpg

I LOVE my Big Buddha, too! I found it at Dillard's or something like that marked down to $27. I think it was originally about $99. The material is similar to yours, but it's a deep purplish. The style is a tote with lots of gold hardware. It's really sturdy and I've had people stop me on the street to ask me where I got it.

Me too! I've had people ask me about my bag on the streets! Best investment ever!

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: Ana Sui
2. How much was it: $250 (Japanese department stores are expensive)
3. How often do you use it/what for: wet weather bag/knock about bag
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: Garcia Marquez, Mimo (Japanese brands)
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: Maybe $3500 or so for an LV

Love this bag as it can be carried 3 ways - tote (fully extended), shoulder (folded over w/short strap), crossbody (folded over w/long strap):biggrin:

1E3146F8.jpg

I love the colour. The leather looks pretty soft..is it?

First off, that bag is so adorable...(And I'm sure the Harry Potter bag is awesome too!

This is going to be tough for me and I'll probably ramble lots but here I go.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: A bag from Francescas
2. How much was it: ~$60
3. How often do you use it/what for: I used it everyday for awhile, it's a big satchel type handbag. Honestly I bought it because it looks like a Coach Sabrina satchel, and at the time I couldn't afford a Coach Sabrina so I bought that one instead. I get TONS of compliments on it, it's a pretty teal color.
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: I like Coach and Dooney. Most don't consider them designer.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $175 Stitch and Swash bag. It's not designer but it's hand made and the quality is AMAZING. The leather is so awesome and smells SO good. I ended up selling it because I hardly used it and now I want another one that is pretty much the same as the one I had.

I have Dooney bags that I hardly paid anything for (Craigslist and Ebay). I also have a Coach bag that only cost me $15 and is a FP bag, not from the outlets. It looked practically brand new but was missing the hangtag and dust bag. When I buy bags I typically go for the cheap and I try to find deals and I don't mind second hand. Now that there are Ashleys at the Coach outlet, I'm planning on replacing my Francesca bag with a teal Ashley satchel (as long as the hardware isn't gold).

I saw the Ashley on the Coach Online Factory store for $149 today. The sale is one for another two days!

First off, that bag is so adorable...(And I'm sure the Harry Potter bag is awesome too!

This is going to be tough for me and I'll probably ramble lots but here I go.

1. Favourite Non-Designer Handbag: A bag from Francescas
2. How much was it: ~$60
3. How often do you use it/what for: I used it everyday for awhile, it's a big satchel type handbag. Honestly I bought it because it looks like a Coach Sabrina satchel, and at the time I couldn't afford a Coach Sabrina so I bought that one instead. I get TONS of compliments on it, it's a pretty teal color.
4. Favourite brands that aren't designer: I like Coach and Dooney. Most don't consider them designer.
5. The most you've paid for a handbag: $175 Stitch and Swash bag. It's not designer but it's hand made and the quality is AMAZING. The leather is so awesome and smells SO good. I ended up selling it because I hardly used it and now I want another one that is pretty much the same as the one I had.

I have Dooney bags that I hardly paid anything for (Craigslist and Ebay). I also have a Coach bag that only cost me $15 and is a FP bag, not from the outlets. It looked practically brand new but was missing the hangtag and dust bag. When I buy bags I typically go for the cheap and I try to find deals and I don't mind second hand. Now that there are Ashleys at the Coach outlet, I'm planning on replacing my Francesca bag with a teal Ashley satchel (as long as the hardware isn't gold).

Missy, can you post a link to the Francesca bag site, i am not familiar with it. Thanks. I'd love to see a more affordable Sabrina!

Bought this bag at Platos for $14. I LOVE this bag. I wish it didn't say Puma across the side but I usually forget about that. It's nice and big and holds all my crap;
IMAG0435.jpg

body shot. Sorry for dirty mirror and night clothes
IMAG0434.jpg

Missy, can you post a link to the Francesca bag site, i am not familiar with it. Thanks. I'd love to see a more affordable Sabrina!

Hey! Sorry didn't see your quote.

I bought the bag a few years ago and I looked again but didn't see any similar bags. Maybe if you email them they can let you know if it's going to be released again or check ebay.

It was called the Dr. Satchel
http://www.francescascollections.com/category/bags.do?nType=1

I originally wanted it in lavender but when I was ready to buy the bag, they were sold out of that color and only had teal and yellow left. I didn't want the yellow (even though I LOVE yellow) so got the teal. The bags were sold out within a few days.

I actually really like puma bags. i only have one but i often see them in stores and are tempted to buy them. in fact i was in a store today that was selling a huge puma hobo that was pleather and had a belt buckle in the front. it was only $40. i refrained though because i knew i probably wouldnt use it. my ex's sister used to love puma bags too.

Bought this bag at Platos for $14. I LOVE this bag. I wish it didn't say Puma across the side but I usually forget about that. It's nice and big and holds all my crap;
IMAG0435.jpg

body shot. Sorry for dirty mirror and night clothes
IMAG0434.jpg