Does MP still exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2011
Does Marketplaza still exist? Old threads mention an app process but the old thread was closed only saying this:

Note: The MP no longer is accepting new applications.
Last edited mar 1st, 2011 at 03:59 pm.

It was updated in March, and I don't want to get in any trouble for asking, but I can't seem to find many more details since the closed thread has just the info stated above. I find myself asking a lot of questions on the Authenticate This forums and I"d love for a safer way to purchase from TPF members. Thank you for any guidance!

I"ll gladly take a PM for more details. I also read somewhere that you aren't supposed to discuss the Marketplaza on the open forum, but I'm not sure who to ask. I've only been on TPF since Oct, so I'm not sure who the friendly Mod is I can ask for assistance. Thank you!

Does Marketplaza still exist? Old threads mention an app process but the old thread was closed only saying this:

Note: The MP no longer is accepting new applications.
Last edited mar 1st, 2011 at 03:59 pm.

It was updated in March, and I don't want to get in any trouble for asking, but I can't seem to find many more details since the closed thread has just the info stated above. I find myself asking a lot of questions on the Authenticate This forums and I"d love for a safer way to purchase from TPF members. Thank you for any guidance!

I"ll gladly take a PM for more details. I also read somewhere that you aren't supposed to discuss the Marketplaza on the open forum, but I'm not sure who to ask. I've only been on TPF since Oct, so I'm not sure who the friendly Mod is I can ask for assistance. Thank you!

Indeed, it does still exist!

We have only been adding people in the past months by individual referrals from existing MP members. :idea:

If you are looking to buy and not sell in the marketplaza, do you still need membership?
Nevermind, I googled purseforum marketplaza and saw this thread
http://forum.purseblog.com/feedback-dropbox/questions-regarding-the-marketplaza-433464.html

I was in the LV Shopping forum and saw someone post about it so I googled it.

But that post is from 2009. I'm not interested in selling either, I was just hoping to buy. I started posting/sharing one the Purse Forum without ever fully understanding all the different aspects, I was just excited I could share about my "luxury" purchased with those who share common interests and to buy smarter. it was only since I started this thread that I heard there was a way to buy more safely than ebay/bonanza. It would be cool if they had some kind of purchasing only membership in the MP so that more people could join.
I'm still unclear as to how it all works. I don't know any of the members personally so I'm not sure how I could get a referral.

But that post is from 2009. I'm not interested in selling either, I was just hoping to buy. I started posting/sharing one the Purse Forum without ever fully understanding all the different aspects, I was just excited I could share about my "luxury" purchased with those who share common interests and to buy smarter. it was only since I started this thread that I heard there was a way to buy more safely than ebay/bonanza. It would be cool if they had some kind of purchasing only membership in the MP so that more people could join.
I'm still unclear as to how it all works. I don't know any of the members personally so I'm not sure how I could get a referral.

i know exactly what you mean. i dont want to buy from ebay because it's so hard to tell whether or not something is real, but i think it'd be cool to be able to have conversations about the bag being sold with people who are genuinely interested.

I also dont know anyone on the forum and i dont think i own enough nice bags to make friends on the forum either...haha

i join tpf because i was looking to buy a mbmj hillier and this forum had so much information and pics of people wearing it and then i got addicted and have started to eye more bags since ive joined. i'd love to be able to purchase bags without having to worry about authenticity of the bag.

i do sorta understand the exclusivity part as it would be difficult to manage the selling forum and ensure no fraud happens with so many people. after i saw that post in the lv forum about the market plaza i did a little googling and it looks like even so ppl claim that there was fraud. Either way it's always buy and sell at your own risk, so if there were a way to have purchase only membership i'd be so ecstatic. it'll be like online shopping :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.