Jean-Luc Godard

dbtbandit67

Gemini Sith
Oct 29, 2008
I rented my first Godard film off iTunes yesterday, Pierrot Le Fou. I recognized the title because an episode of the anime Cowboy Bebop shared the same title.

It was really good, although very difficult to watch. Anna Karina was one of the stars who I later found out was in the original scene where she is running with two men through the Louvre in order to set a world record, a scene that was re-created in the Dreamers.

I really wanted to watch Week End which was briefly showing at the Nuart theater here in Santa Monica, but no longer. It's not available for download or streaming anywhere and the DVDs used are selling for $40.

Any other Godard fans here? Any other recommendations? I have to be able to stream or download them legally, I don't like renting DVDs anymore.

Here is an interview she did where she spoke about her love affair with Godard. This article highlights their relationship leading up to their divorce and their relationship after.

350.jpg

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It took me a few minutes to get used to style of filming, but in the end, I liked it, too. I always thought it was funny how the Parisians (the actual Parisians not acting in the film) reacted to the fact that the movie was filming right before their eyes. I think at that time, the majority of movies were filming on movie studio lots and not on location in the streets, so you see passersby just staring and staring at Jean-Paul Belmondo and Jean Seberg.

I always thought it was funny how the Parisians (the actual Parisians not acting in the film) reacted to the fact that the movie was filming right before their eyes. I think at that time, the majority of movies were filming on movie studio lots and not on location in the streets, so you see passersby just staring and staring at Jean-Paul Belmondo and Jean Seberg.

Hahaha, yeah, I didn't think about that!

Check this out, I think you'll like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBNn38ZNUXI