National Geographic "Explorer"

Sunshine

O.G.
Feb 1, 2006
What a small world I live in...I watch this every week and Im AMAZED at things...people, crimes, etc... Im in SHOCK right now! Its about the Aryan Brotherhood...Im just speechless.

Vlad and I both really wanted to watch this.. was it really good Sunshine? And by good, I merely mean well done?

I'll have to see when it is playing again :yes:

All the shows I watch on that channel are good...but for me SCARY...hard core reality. Just not the reality I live in. Im so drawn to watching these kinds of shows for some reason!! Scary but fascinating.

Love, love, love National Geographic Explorer. Lisa Ling is so great. Glad to see her off The View - she is way too talented for that show.

Did you watch last night's special about North Korea? Unbelievable. I am speechless. It is unreal to think of the conditions those people live in.

koreaREU121006_548x700.jpg

Here's a map of Korea. The dichotmomy is striking, is it not? There's the south, the same people as the north, the same resources north and south, and the big difference is in the south it's a free political system and a free economic system.

The people in the north are starving, their growth is stunted. It's a shame, a tragedy.

Light vs. Dark. Good vs. Evil. Life vs. Death.
Which would you choose?

I think I may have mentioned this on another thread, but there is a documentary about North Korea done by the BBC a few years ago, Netflix has it, the perspective, etc is a bit different from any of the US-produced programs, so those with an interest in North Korea who are outside or not from the US especially might enjoy seeing it. And certainly there are many Americans who might enjoy seeing it, too, I just add that caution because of the sensitive subject matter, that difference in perspective might be disturbing for some American viewers...

Everytime I watch that show I feel a little more sheltered...I always loved to travel as I love different cultures and ideas...well...there is so much Im not aware of...and sometimes Im glad I do not know.