Question re: Pochette with gold chain & Speedy

pinkdiamonds

Nov 2, 2011
I love my Speedy 35 B!! I got the large zippy wallet and the pochette with gold chain. I love the combo of them all and enjoy using them, but get nervous over unprotected leather.

My question is I have the gold chain of the pochette hooked onto the thing in the speedy. What's happening is my wallet and other things end up on top of the chain and I dont want to mess up the chain /pochette.

I was thinking of getting an organizer, but I like the saggy look.

Any ideas? Does this happen w/ your speedy?

I have a speedy 30 with a base shaper, so I'm really not much help. Can you just not hook the chain to the D-ring and let's everything just mix around? I don't think the chain will get messed up though. My chain on my mini pochette has gotten tugged and stuck on things many times and she's still great. Maybe if you buy an organizer a size or two smaller than your speedy..then maybe it can still sag, but be organized?

I have a base shaper called a 24/7 shaper for my Speedy B 35. I saw a youtube video where someone else had it, and I really like it. I got it from www.pimpmyspeedy.com. It actually covers the bottom, and the two sides. It also has four built-in pockets.

I also think that Divide and Conquer (Etsy.com) has great organizers. I bought one for a Neverfull. Connie, the owner, is really exceptional in her customer service and advice. She could definitely recommend one for you!

Apple84 said:
I have a speedy 30 with a base shaper, so I'm really not much help. Can you just not hook the chain to the D-ring and let's everything just mix around? I don't think the chain will get messed up though. My chain on my mini pochette has gotten tugged and stuck on things many times and she's still great. Maybe if you buy an organizer a size or two smaller than your speedy..then maybe it can still sag, but be organized?

I just got a speedy 40 and keep all and I want base shapers, may I ask where you got yours?

I just got a speedy 40 and keep all and I want base shapers, may I ask where you got yours?

I made one out of a shopping bag...I used a smaller Victoria's Secret bag, folded to size, taped it, then wiggled it into my speedy. Not too sophisticated, but it works. Plus I did this when I first bought my speedy years ago and had no idea actual base shapers existed, lol. You could probably search this forum to read where others have bought their shapers or check out eBay or etsy.

Last edited: