Cult Nails Swatches and chit chat.

PolishQueen

Sep 14, 2011
So I'm sure that many of us has recieved our Pre-Sale order of the Superhero collection. What did you think of the polishes?

I showed my mum Power Thief which she promptly asked to use and now she's saying how it's more her type of color and not mine. lol

I also got Iconic, Living Water and Vicious, aswell as the the superhero collection.

I thought a couple of the polishes were supposed to be more jelly like in texture, Time Traveler and Iconic for example. Not that these didn't go on smoothly when i swatched them on a nail wheel they did, the color of Iconic is lovely what i had hoped Nfu Oh 59 would be like (grr FS sending me 58 instead of 59) but i think the flakies would be more visible in a more jellish base. As for Time Traveler, the color is lovely just wanted it to be a jelly, like it was said to be...really wanted that dark blue with the squishy jelly texture. as for Vicious...i was a little disappointed it's a very close dupe for Orly's Plum Noir.

Need I mention Clairvoyant? A-maze-ing, i have no words. Though i do think it interesting the Deborah Lippmann and now Ozotic are both doing a multi colored flakie in a clear base....

PolishQueen said:
So I'm sure that many of us has recieved our Pre-Sale order of the Superhero collection. What did you think of the polishes?

I showed my mum Power Thief which she promptly asked to use and now she's saying how it's more her type of color and not mine. lol

I also got Iconic, Living Water and Vicious, aswell as the the superhero collection.

I thought a couple of the polishes were supposed to be more jelly like in texture, Time Traveler and Iconic for example. Not that these didn't go on smoothly when i swatched them on a nail wheel they did, the color of Iconic is lovely what i had hoped Nfu Oh 59 would be like (grr FS sending me 58 instead of 59) but i think the flakies would be more visible in a more jellish base. As for Time Traveler, the color is lovely just wanted it to be a jelly, like it was said to be...really wanted that dark blue with the squishy jelly texture. as for Vicious...i was a little disappointed it's a very close dupe for Orly's Plum Noir.

Need I mention Clairvoyant? A-maze-ing, i have no words. Though i do think it interesting the Deborah Lippmann and now Ozotic are both doing a multi colored flakie in a clear base....

I love Iconic and Clairvoyant!

also, per facebook re: clairvoyant: "Due to some of the ingredients no longer being made available it is currently discontinued."

I also saw that Time Traveler is named for doctor who/the tardis which I think is great. I love that color.

I'm not into the whole nude nail polish thing so this collection's a bit disappointing to me though I'm sure Toxic Seaweed will sell out super fast what with it having the same flakies as Clarvoyant, it breaks my heart to think there won't be any more of that gorgous flakie.

I love the name behind Time Traveler aswell though it came out looking super dark on my nails almost black and not as jelly like as I had wanted. Oh and it was a major pain taking it off major smurf fingers. It probably looked so dark because of my super pale skin tone, maybe next time I wear it I'll put a pale color under it and only do one coat too get the shade I want.

I'm kind of surprised Maria didn't do different shades of shimmers in these 'nekkid' shades as cruisin' nude has that pretty pink shimmer that sets it apart and make them that bit more different.

I'm not into the whole nude nail polish thing so this collection's a bit disappointing to me though I'm sure Toxic Seaweed will sell out super fast what with it having the same flakies as Clarvoyant, it breaks my heart to think there won't be any more of that gorgous flakie.

I love the name behind Time Traveler aswell though it came out looking super dark on my nails almost black and not as jelly like as I had wanted. Oh and it was a major pain taking it off major smurf fingers. It probably looked so dark because of my super pale skin tone, maybe next time I wear it I'll put a pale color under it and only do one coat too get the shade I want.

I'm kind of surprised Maria didn't do different shades of shimmers in these 'nekkid' shades as cruisin' nude has that pretty pink shimmer that sets it apart and make them that bit more different.

I know what you mean. I have one nude-ish polish and that's plenty for me. I'd consider another one if it were amazing but none of these are to me, except for Toxic Seaweed of course. I may try to pick that up at some point.

Agreed. I managed to score a bottle of Clairvoyant from the Black Friday sale, but I wonder if I'll even be able to get my hands on Toxic Seaweed.

I'm not into a lot of the colors. I like the lighter nude, but nothing else is screaming out at me (which is good because I really don't need to spend more money this month or next on polish!) I do like that they are doing something really different though - it's nice to see risks taken.

Agreed. I managed to score a bottle of Clairvoyant from the Black Friday sale, but I wonder if I'll even be able to get my hands on Toxic Seaweed.

I'm not into a lot of the colors. I like the lighter nude, but nothing else is screaming out at me (which is good because I really don't need to spend more money this month or next on polish!) I do like that they are doing something really different though - it's nice to see risks taken.

I really hope they manage to get more flakies though how can a person make something and not check about available stock before hand, i don't know strange, i know she explains in her blog that the flakies were discontinued and that happened before all the companies started making flakie polish and how theres no other company that produces it in the US so major story with the FDA which is also why the lack of holo polishes in the US, but still! Well at least this time shes clearly saying that Toxic Seaweed in a LE (limited edition) polish though why add glitter when theres already flakies i dont understand....She also said there going to be another flakie polish coming out with the same flakes later this year.

Personally i don't find the nudes all that unusual or ground breaking, lots of companies are doing them, didn't Zoya come out with a set just a couple of months ago that was mostly nudes? Apart from TS it's a very safe collection.

Personally i don't find the nudes all that unusual or ground breaking, lots of companies are doing them, didn't Zoya come out with a set just a couple of months ago that was mostly nudes? Apart from TS it's a very safe collection.

I think Zoya just released a neutral color collection recently. Also, RGB has a whole collection based on nude polishes based on your skin tone - too bad it's always sold out.

Didn't Cult Nails have a chocolaty brown color in the Super Powers collection? Power Thief? It's like a whole collection based on the concept of the shimmery neutral you see with Power Thief. I think it's risky for Cult Nails to put something like this out because the collections so far have been filled with such crazy, interesting polishes. This one looks like a cohesive collection.

Although I like the lightest nude and Toxic Seaweed, I do wish she had pulled some of those limited colors she sold back at the Black Friday sale - Black Out is one of my favorites.

I dont really like this collection except for the toxic seaweed. It totally does not fit with the collection either. I feel like she knows it will sell out before it gets listed alone. That she was nervous the collection would not be a big hit, so she made it so you had to pre order the whole thing just to get that one color. Good marketing.

yep, I only like 2 out of the 5, but I'm strongly considering buying the whole collection just for those 2. Maybe it will surprise me, or maybe I can franken something out of the ones I don't like, who knows.

Ugh. So tempted to buy all for just Toxic Seaweed, but that is kind of dumb if I'm going to only wear like 2 polishes.

I knowwwww! I just put myself on a polish ban and I'm already contemplating getting the preorder set JUST for Toxic Seaweed. It really is a lovely color and flakies are my weakness. I will probably gift a few of the others to friends, because quite a few of my friends only wear nude/browns(trying to justify buying the presale set, here! :P)

I knowwwww! I just put myself on a polish ban and I'm already contemplating getting the preorder set JUST for Toxic Seaweed. It really is a lovely color and flakies are my weakness. I will probably gift a few of the others to friends, because quite a few of my friends only wear nude/browns(trying to justify buying the presale set, here! :P)

Toxic Seaweed kind of looks like China Glaze Atlantis. Maybe we could franken it? Or layer it with other flakies? I mean Atlantis is pretty sheer on its own, so you could do Atlantis, flakie, Atlantis, or something similar... hmm...

I don't know if I can quite justify paying $40 for one. I could gift the others, but most of my friends like crazy colors too.