Alexander Wang Your thoughts on Rocco pebbling & buying in store or online?

I've mentioned before that having a really pebbly/bubbly Rocco is very important to me so i would prefer to buy my Rocco from a store so i can go in and take a look at them all and choose the one thats got the most pebbling/bubbliest rather than from an online store because i dont know what they would send me. Knowing my luck they would probably send me the smoothest lol. When i want a smooth leather they send me a creased/wrinkly leather but when i want a pebbly/bubbly leather they would send me a smooth one.
I did purchase my 2 laser-cut Roccos online because there all the same, so wasnt really worried about what they were going to send me, but with the other leather ones they all look different.

The colour 'Spice' was only available in Barneys so being from the UK i couldnt exactly hop on a flight and go to the store so i contacted the store and the lovely SA sent me many photos so i could choose the one i liked best.
If i ever were to have it sent to me in the post i would ask if they could pick out the pebbliest and send me a photo of it before i pay. Everyone so far that ive asked to do this has been so kind. Thank god for the technology today :smile:

I know i'm very obsessive lol but paying that amount on something it has to be perfect to me.

I just wanted to ask all you ladies if anyone else is the same? Or are you not really bothered about the leather?

I purchase all my bags online where I don't have the opportunity to pick the leather. My Angela, sadly, has the best pebbles of all my AW bags (of course, the smallest bag that I'll have the least chance to carry), and my Rocco has the worst pebbling. It initially bothered me (one side is basically smooth, one side has pebbles but nothing like some of the other Roccos I've seen on here), but I've grown attached to it as one of the quirks of my specific bag. I'd still happily jump on a more pebbled Rocco later on, but I wouldn't get rid of the one I have, either.

I've mentioned before that having a really pebbly/bubbly Rocco is very important to me so i would prefer to buy my Rocco from a store so i can go in and take a look at them all and choose the one thats got the most pebbling/bubbliest rather than from an online store because i dont know what they would send me. Knowing my luck they would probably send me the smoothest lol. When i want a smooth leather they send me a creased/wrinkly leather but when i want a pebbly/bubbly leather they would send me a smooth one.
I did purchase my 2 laser-cut Roccos online because there all the same, so wasnt really worried about what they were going to send me, but with the other leather ones they all look different.

The colour 'Spice' was only available in Barneys so being from the UK i couldnt exactly hop on a flight and go to the store so i contacted the store and the lovely SA sent me many photos so i could choose the one i liked best.
If i ever were to have it sent to me in the post i would ask if they could pick out the pebbliest and send me a photo of it before i pay. Everyone so far that ive asked to do this has been so kind. Thank god for the technology today :smile:

I know i'm very obsessive lol but paying that amount on something it has to be perfect to me.

I just wanted to ask all you ladies if anyone else is the same? Or are you not really bothered about the leather?

I am obsessive about leather, and have fortunately been lucky with my Roccos. My two pebbled (one I sold, one I kept) were purchased either online on a sale site or over the phone with a very patient SA. That was my Smoke Rocco-She sent me TONS of pics....that bag was lovely. Miss that bag!
My Ocean Rocco has the best pebbling-love that bag! And I got it on *Bay, where the seller provided tons of pictures.

Another thing about pebbling-some are really hard and stiff, while some are softer. If you are picky about that too, then I would specify that to an SA when purchasing.

I got my Rocco for 50% off on theOutnet--for that savings, I really didn't care that I was buying it sight unseen. I was overall quite pleased with the one I received--one side was pebblier than the other, but I just wear the smoother side against my body. It doesn't matter to me that that side gets more wear, since it was smoother to start with. Hardly anybody ever sees that side.

If I were paying full price, though, I think I'd be pickier. That's too much money to not be completely satisfied!

I got my Rocco for 50% off on theOutnet--for that savings, I really didn't care that I was buying it sight unseen. I was overall quite pleased with the one I received--one side was pebblier than the other, but I just wear the smoother side against my body. It doesn't matter to me that that side gets more wear, since it was smoother to start with. Hardly anybody ever sees that side.

If I were paying full price, though, I think I'd be pickier. That's too much money to not be completely satisfied!

I totally agree. I managed to score several Roccos during the Black Friday sales and they all had one side that was more pebbled than the other...but at 40% off I was okay with it.

I am obsessive about leather, and have fortunately been lucky with my Roccos. My two pebbled (one I sold, one I kept) were purchased either online on a sale site or over the phone with a very patient SA. That was my Smoke Rocco-She sent me TONS of pics....that bag was lovely. Miss that bag!
My Ocean Rocco has the best pebbling-love that bag! And I got it on *Bay, where the seller provided tons of pictures.

Another thing about pebbling-some are really hard and stiff, while some are softer. If you are picky about that too, then I would specify that to an SA when purchasing.

Aww how come you sold one of them? I could never sell any of my bags. I know i have too many but i cant part with any of them.

I purchased my 2 laser-cut roccos in Smoke and Maple from theOutnet. They were about £325. Very lucky, as i dont usually get bargains. I usually buy them full price because i always worry if i wait for the sale i will probably never own one. By the time i find out everythings gone. So would rather pay the full amount.

ShimmyChick thats exactly what i do with my emerald rocco. One sides smoother than the other. I wear the smoother side against my body.
I couldnt find the emerald colour anywhere in the UK to begin with just on the AW site, but they dont ship to the UK so i made it my mission to call around everywhere. I eventually found them in the Harvey Nichols store in London but all the ones they had were very smooth. I'm that fussy that i wouldnt take the smooth ones even if they were offering them to me for half price. So i wasnt exactly going to pay full price on a bag that had no pebbling at all. So i just waited and eventually the Harvey Nichols store closer to where i live had 2 in stock, one wasnt pebbly at all, and the other one wasnt as pebbly as i would have liked it to be but it was better than all the other ones i'd seen. On one side of the bag and on the sides where the zipper side pockets are e.t.c looked pebbly but on the other side of the bag it was a little smoother. I was going to pay for it and then i saw 2 small marks on the bag. Very tiny that nobody would notice but me lol, because like i said before i'm very obsessed and i look at every part of the bag before paying. Sometimes SA say that its just part of the leather on the bag but this SA agreed the marks shouldnt be there so he would give me a discount if i purchased it but i wouldnt be able to return it. That wasnt a problem because i hardly ever return a bag. So i was quite happy with my £80 discount! :biggrin: