Need input on Empreinte Artsy! What's to like/dislike?

Gal4Dior

O.G.
Nov 30, 2010
Hi,

The Empreinte Artsy caught my eye today at the store and I want to get the bag in Frambroise when it is released later this year.

I've heard that the Artsy can get really heavy with the empreinte leather and that the leather strap is pretty stiff? I was hoping I could get some feedback on this.

Any pros and cons you have on the bag would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!!! :smile:

I don't have the bag but have tried it on many times at the store. It's a gorgeous bag but i can't get over the strap length. It fits fine if i'm wearing a thin shirt but it won't fit comfortably over my shoulder if i'm wearing a coat. If only the strap was longer i'd buy this bag in a heartbeat. Definitely try it on to see if the strap would bother you.

+ stunning bag
+ can fit a ton
+ love the handle (it is not stiff at all)
+ many pockets inside
+ low maintenance / love the leather

- it is quite heavy even when empty
- not comfortable on a shoulder
- open top

wild child said:
I don't have the bag but have tried it on many times at the store. It's a gorgeous bag but i can't get over the strap length. It fits fine if i'm wearing a thin shirt but it won't fit comfortably over my shoulder if i'm wearing a coat. If only the strap was longer i'd buy this bag in a heartbeat. Definitely try it on to see if the strap would bother you.

I actually did try it on today and I can see how it would not work over a heavy coat. I'm wondering if it would sag more with my stuff in it and possibly increase the drop?

Jaeniver said:
+ stunning bag
+ can fit a ton
+ love the handle (it is not stiff at all)
+ many pockets inside
+ low maintenance / love the leather

- it is quite heavy even when empty
- not comfortable on a shoulder
- open top

Jauniver, did you own one and sell it or do you still hang on to it because it's so pretty? :smile:

Can you explain what you mean by not being comfortable on the shoulder?

Thanks!

+handle will soften over time
+fits over my shoulder and arm regardless of what jacket I am wearing
+ can fit alot
-not meant for your shoulder-- designed to be on the crook of your arm
-is very heavy
-not in total love with the shape

+handle will soften over time
+fits over my shoulder and arm regardless of what jacket I am wearing
+ can fit alot
-not meant for your shoulder-- designed to be on the crook of your arm
-is very heavy
-not in total love with the shape

LVoeletters, is the shape too boxy? I had no idea that it wasn't designed for the shoulder. Do you still have the item, even though you have those cons listed? I'm wondering if the plusses overcome the minuses.

<sigh> love the empreinte line, but I did not like the Lumineuse. It's definitely more practical, but the shape really threw me off.

Jauniver, did you own one and sell it or do you still hang on to it because it's so pretty? :smile:

Can you explain what you mean by not being comfortable on the shoulder?

Thanks!

Oh, I still have this bag! :biggrin: I really really love it despite the cons! It is a stunner. Imo the cons I mentioned are not that big. I don't mind the fact that I cannot carry the bag on my shoulder because I really like it in the crook of my arm. I mean that it is not comfortable on my shoulder because of the shape of the bag. The bag is somehow too boxy to be carried over the shoulder and to me it just doesn't look (or even feel) right. I hope you understand what I mean.. If you think about "real" shoulder bags like Galliera for example, you notice that the bag is flat against your body when carried over the shoulder whereas Artsy is way too boxy. And like someone already said, this bag is not designed to be a shoulder bag - the Artsy is a hand held bag. I love the shape though. Definitely a keeper! ;)

Like:
- leather is TDF
- gorgeous color
- love all the 6 compartments for better organization
- handle will soften (I had mine for less than a month and it's already soft)
- can be worn as a shoulder and arm bag (I usually switch when I carry it)
- very roomy
- low maintenance (I don't even worry when it rains)
- gets a lot of attention

DISLIKE
- heavy (yes, even without anything in it but I still love it :love:)

I think that's my only reason of disliking this bag.. So over all, I love it..:cloud9::love:

I love:love::love::love::love:everything about it! It is A little heavy but to me the strap is so cushiony that I hardly feel the weight when carrying it:smile: (I carry mine on the shoulder) and my handle felt soft from the beggining. The bag does become a little bit slouchy the more I carry it too! And it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

Oh, I still have this bag! :biggrin: I really really love it despite the cons! It is a stunner. Imo the cons I mentioned are not that big. I don't mind the fact that I cannot carry the bag on my shoulder because I really like it in the crook of my arm. I mean that it is not comfortable on my shoulder because of the shape of the bag. The bag is somehow too boxy to be carried over the shoulder and to me it just doesn't look (or even feel) right. I hope you understand what I mean.. If you think about "real" shoulder bags like Galliera for example, you notice that the bag is flat against your body when carried over the shoulder whereas Artsy is way too boxy. And like someone already said, this bag is not designed to be a shoulder bag - the Artsy is a hand held bag. I love the shape though. Definitely a keeper! ;)

Like:
- leather is TDF
- gorgeous color
- love all the 6 compartments for better organization
- handle will soften (I had mine for less than a month and it's already soft)
- can be worn as a shoulder and arm bag (I usually switch when I carry it)
- very roomy
- low maintenance (I don't even worry when it rains)
- gets a lot of attention

DISLIKE
- heavy (yes, even without anything in it but I still love it :love:)

I think that's my only reason of disliking this bag.. So over all, I love it..:cloud9::love:

I love:love::love::love::love:everything about it! It is A little heavy but to me the strap is so cushiony that I hardly feel the weight when carrying it:smile: (I carry mine on the shoulder) and my handle felt soft from the beggining. The bag does become a little bit slouchy the more I carry it too! And it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!

Thanks for the input so far! I can't seem to decide to go the safe route and pick ombre, or go daring and pick the new frambroise color! LOL! What colors do you all have? Just curious? The Niege did pop up as an option too, but the color transfer scares me!!!

Thanks for the input so far! I can't seem to decide to go the safe route and pick ombre, or go daring and pick the new frambroise color! LOL! What colors do you all have? Just curious? The Niege did pop up as an option too, but the color transfer scares me!!!

Yup, the Neige is gorgeous but not worth it as you will just be scared to wear it often.. I have the Aube and it's a gorgeous neutral color.. And definitely, an eye-catcher..:biggrin: I think the Frambroise will be gorgeous too (based on the pics) but need to see it IRL..

Yup, the Neige is gorgeous but not worth it as you will just be scared to wear it often.. I have the Aube and it's a gorgeous neutral color.. And definitely, an eye-catcher..:biggrin: I think the Frambroise will be gorgeous too (based on the pics) but need to see it IRL..

Ooh, Aube! Gorgy!! Post mod pics if you ever have a free moment! I would love to see! :smile:

I have this bag and love it the most in my collection! It is so gorgeous and always makes heads turn. I have received tons of compliments on this bag. The leather is TDF and the strap is soft and comfy, not stiff at all. Fits comfortably on my shoulder, handheld or on the crook of my arm. The leather is smooshy so even if it has a boxy look, it is still very comfy to wear. It is a bit on the heavy side, and that's the only negative thing I can think of. I don't mind the weight because I don't carry a ton of stuff. If I had the chance to do it again, I would still buy this bag!

LVoeletters, is the shape too boxy? I had no idea that it wasn't designed for the shoulder. Do you still have the item, even though you have those cons listed? I'm wondering if the plusses overcome the minuses.

<sigh> love the empreinte line, but I did not like the Lumineuse. It's definitely more practical, but the shape really threw me off.

I had it for a couple of weeks to try it out, my friends mom wanted to sell it. She said I could try it and see how I liked it and I gave it back. It was too much bag for me, too much fabric, too much leather. I didn't feel "sexy" with the bag on if that makes sense. The right bag makes me feel chic and good, but with this it just felt off. People can put it on their shoulder but yes it was designed on the crook of the arm. My store's very knowledgable manager told me that.:smile: