Question about Kristin Hobo

Kristin Woven Hobo #19314...must be available to order since lovemyzoes has mentioned hers in another thread:

I ordered the woven kristin hobo in black. (I don't have anyone around to take pics for me, sorry) but I'm returning it. I like everything about it but when I went to open it, I noticed that it doesn't open very wide. so disappointing. I compared the opening to my other kristin hobos and it doesn't open as wide. I don't like purses that don't open very wide. you see in the picture of the drill down of it open and see the tabs on each side? this is what keeps it from opening very wide.

Attachments

• 19314_svbk_a0.jpg
    19314_svbk_a0.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 519
yellowbernie said:
Wow I really like it, Is it the same price as the regular Kristin Hobo's?

I'm sure it will cost more. Probably 100$ more.
I'm so sad that the new hobo doesn't open as wide and doesn't have the same comfortable strap! I'm so glad I got one last year.

it is beautiful. Does it come in any other colors? I don't need another black. Can you order it now with your PCE?
Why did they change the strap????

I didn't think to ask what other colors when I called. But she did ask me what color I was interested in, and I said Black. I am going to call again tomorrow, I think I will still go ahead and order if I can use my pce.

it is beautiful. Does it come in any other colors? I don't need another black. Can you order it now with your PCE?
Why did they change the strap????

It also comes in Parchment, Mushroom, and Tuberose, not sure if there will be any other colors. It looks like the woven part is only on the front though.

Attachments

• 19314_svacq_a0.jpg
    19314_svacq_a0.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 409
  • 19314_svph_a0.jpg
    19314_svph_a0.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 411
  • 19314_svms_a0.jpg
    19314_svms_a0.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 396
  • 19314_a9.jpg
    19314_a9.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 388
  • 19314_a1.jpg
    19314_a1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 433
It also comes in Parchment, Mushroom, and Tuberose, not sure if there will be any other colors. It looks like the woven part is only on the front though.
Thanks. I don't mind it not being woven everywhere. I kind of like the contrast of the plain leather with the woven. I think I hear a Tuberose calling me!

I ordered the woven hobo in black and returned it yesterday. I didn't like that it didn't open very far, the zipper is shorter then the older hobos and the leather (at least on mine) was very stiff. I figured it would soften over time so that didn't bother me too much. It is only woven in the front. I told the sa that the reason I was returning it was because it doesn't open wide enough for my liking and she said why did they change it? she also committed that the weaving felt rough, which I hadn't even noticed. I'm just glad I got all the hobos I wanted from the last batch because unless they changed the opening, I won't be buying any. it is pretty though. if you look at the picture with the purse open, that's as far as it opens.

I ordered the woven hobo in black and returned it yesterday. I didn't like that it didn't open very far, the zipper is shorter then the older hobos and the leather (at least on mine) was very stiff. I figured it would soften over time so that didn't bother me too much. It is only woven in the front. I told the sa that the reason I was returning it was because it doesn't open wide enough for my liking and she said why did they change it? she also committed that the weaving felt rough, which I hadn't even noticed. I'm just glad I got all the hobos I wanted from the last batch because unless they changed the opening, I won't be buying any. it is pretty though. if you look at the picture with the purse open, that's as far as it opens.

That's just making me sad. I was so looking forward to this new iteration of one of my favorite bags, but the more I hear about it the less promising it sounds. I don't like any of the new colors except black, which I prefer with brass hardware, and now I find that it doesn't open as far as the old versions. Oh well, think of all the money I'll save!

I don't want to discourage anyone from ordering it if they want it bad enough because the fact that it doesn't open very far might not bother some but it just bothered me. some may love this purse.