the new coach patent color is killing me!

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
http://www.coach.com/online/handbag...eyword=MADISON%20PATENT#104823&viewpid=104823

I really like this tote, alot. But what gets me is knowing how little money I got from consignment stores for my coach bags that were bought last year is what is preventing me thus far. But ughhhh the color! So beautiful! The only coach bag I am planning to keep in my current collection is a red poppy highlight (largest size) which I do love. I'm wondering if I should just get an accessory to quell my appetite... maybe the wristlet or the card case? I REALLY wish they made a cosmetic case in this color that would have been delicious!!!!!

It is gorgeous. I never buy a bag for me by considering how much I can sell it for. I would be all over this bag if I didn't already have the plum patent.
You could wait until it shows up on Ebay. Most of the bags I have bought on Ebay I have been able to sell for around the same as I bought them, so it was like getting to use them for free.

It is gorgeous. I never buy a bag for me by considering how much I can sell it for. I would be all over this bag if I didn't already have the plum patent.
You could wait until it shows up on Ebay. Most of the bags I have bought on Ebay I have been able to sell for around the same as I bought them, so it was like getting to use them for free.

Hmm maybe I should try selling my bags on ebay then! It was never on my mind when I bought the other bags what the resale value would be. I just tried choosing the most classic lux type of bags I could get from coach. It's only after being faced by the realization I wouldn't be getting much for it, is why its on my mind now. I'm used to selling my bags and getting most of it back, but then again thats LV and I choose classic shapes. But this patent looks sooooooo gorgeous. I keep telling myself that I had the red highlight which I do use regularly at school but I have horribly big and heavy textbooks and wanted to be able to give her a break so she would last longer :/

I agree definitely sell on ebay or bonanza (bonanza only charges a flat sellers fee of $5 I think and ONLY if the bag sells). Think that consignment stores are a business and they need to sell for a profit so they lowball people who provide merchandise to them. I saw this bag in Dillards today. Most people who know me here know I hate smooth patent but this bag is different. It seems to have a coating over it that makes it immune to dust and fingerprints. The color is TDF!

Also when I buy a bag, no matter how much I love it, I could somewhere down the line have to rehome it. That being the case, I save everything....tags, dustbags, receipts, care cards. So if I have to sell, if the bag is in mint condition and I have all the supporting documentation, I usually get a halfway decent price.

I bought the wristlet in orchid I'd go for that (it should be delivered this week). You get a taste of the color with out a big commitment money wise.

As far as resale you will most likely get more money selling on ebay or bonanza over selling to a consignment shop. It will however take more time and energy in your end. Bonanzas rates are lower than ebays, However the amount of traffic on bonanza is much lower than ebays so it may take longer to sell.

OP, I hope you found a solution. Let us know what you decided. It's up to you, as it is your decision -- and a fun one at that!!! Good for you to think in multiple directions as you ponder a "fun" problem!!

I buy a bag because I love it, not because I think it would have high resale value. These things are fun luxuries, not investments.
I buy a bag because I love it as well, but if you play your cards right certain bags can be investments. I've had some LV pieces that sold higher than I originally bought them.

OP, I hope you found a solution. Let us know what you decided. It's up to you, as it is your decision -- and a fun one at that!!! Good for you to think in multiple directions as you ponder a "fun" problem!!

I still haven't figured it out! I had a bad sinus infection so I missed the PCE :/ I'm SOOO upset! So now I have more time to decide I suppose. I love the bag but I know I'd find use for all of them... I was going to use the card case for a mini emergency kit or use the wristlet as well... And then figured later I could use it for my business cards... I'm just not sure!! But I have to see now what store will have a good sale on these.