Moderator Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerryWriter

Jan 20, 2010
Since all the mods hide behind the "Purseforum" user ID that ID doesn't allow for PMs. how are we supposed to deal with moderator harassment or even simply just wanting to address a nastygram received from it? We have no idea what moderator did it. It doesn't seem fair that they are allowed to hide behind this fake account nor that we are unable to respond to the PMs we get from it.

Since all the mods hide behind the "Purseforum" user ID that ID doesn't allow for PMs. how are we supposed to deal with moderator harassment or even simply just wanting to address a nastygram received from it? We have no idea what moderator did it. It doesn't seem fair that they are allowed to hide behind this fake account nor that we are unable to respond to the PMs we get from it.

The "nastygram" clearly outlines what to do if you have questions or complaints about the PM notification.

You can also look to see what forum you were in when you received a warning. There is a good chance that it was a moderator from that section but it could be an admin too so that is not exact. You can always PM an admin.

You can also look to see what forum you were in when you received a warning. There is a good chance that it was a moderator from that section but it could be an admin too so that is not exact. You can always PM an admin.

So why doesnt the mod/admin just use their own account to send the warning? Wouldnt that make things a bit easier?

So why doesnt the mod/admin just use their own account to send the warning? Wouldnt that make things a bit easier?

The feature that is set up sends a message from 'the purse forum'. It's just how it works.. It doesn't recognize who sends the warning and it's quicker and easier than PMing someone. I still PM members if I need to discuss something but if it's a quick warning of a rule break, I don't owe the person my name, KWIM? It's a reminder, that's it. Most reminders are sent out for things like chatting in a non-chat thread, the mentioning of buying/ selling, etc. I don't want to send PMs for all those and I shouldn't have to.

I wouldn't call it 'harassment'...if a poster says something rude or offensive then they're going to get a warning from a mod, that's just how it works.

out of curiousity.... are the reminder/warnings form-letter type messages or do the mods have to come up with their own wording? Or is it a little bit of both?

Status
Not open for further replies.