Worst sa's in toronto

IN LVOE

Oct 24, 2011
why do the toronto store's have the worst sa's?! in holt renfrew on bloor st. i find peggy the worst of the bunch... god forbid if you have to return something... the next time you go into the store she will not even look at you!!! tells you they are out of stock of something and you just know she's lying!! sorry for my rant!! anyone else have bad experiences at toronto locations?

Last edited:
mhmh... Not sure how Toronto compares to the one in Montreal, but at the MTL location I find nearly 3/4 of the SAs to be unprofessional and with attitudes. This topic has been discussed quite a bit already though!

I found ome woman at yorkdale really rude i had to flag her down to get the speedy i had on hold and she basically just wrapped it up ramg through my card smd handed it to me w out even eye contact

In mtl i have better luck asking for help in french then if im speaking eng

Im sure though fornevery rude sa there are 20 obnoxious customers. (none of us ofcourse. I just imagine it is an occupational hazard in luxury retail)

The issue that I have in Montreal, is a language barrier, many of the new sa's do not speak french or english very well. So if my regular sa isn't there I am at a loss for words. (many of the new sas are hired in order to target the large asian demographic shopping at the store) so I suppose they don't mind if they arent especially good in either english or french,

There was one young woman at the Flagship on Bloor who was such a snob! I was asking her about the lockit and she kept pointing to the newer version of the lockit. I explained I wanted the older version with vachetta on the bottom and when she heard the word "vachetta" she looked at me like I was an alien. She must've been new. I had to ask her to get a catalogue and showed it to her. She looked it up and said they didn't have it. So, I asked her to check the system for another location and she sighed. I looked at her and said," Am I inconveniencing you???" (the store was completely empty that weekday morning) So she slowly walked over to the computer, looked it up and snobbily said, "no, we don't have it".

I won't shop at the flagship at all. I think they are just awful. I love my SA's at Yorkdale Holt LV. They are down to earth and friendly. They accommodate my requests (I always request MIF). Because they are so friendly, I've purchased most of my bags from Yorkdale.

Funny enough, I have had problems with two of my items and they both came from the flagship. My Speedy 30 and my Josephine wallet. I hate the Toronto Flagship store SA's.

I've had no problems at all with any SA's in Toronto - I shop at all 3 locations...my favourite is the flagship store - I love all the SA's I've used, no problems, no complaints at all from me!!

I also like Yorkdale (although most people here complain about that location), again no problems - all the SA's are great to me!!

OP - I have never shopped with Peggy but I have a friend who shops with Peggy ONLY and she loves Peggy !!! I use to shop only with Matthew at HR Bloor LV and he was amazing...but he left :sad: but he recommended Peggy at HR Bloor LV if I wanted to stay there....after much debate I've decided to switch to Montreal instead of Toronto (I live 3 hrs away from montreal or toronto and DBF is in Montreal at uni).

mhmh... Not sure how Toronto compares to the one in Montreal, but at the MTL location I find nearly 3/4 of the SAs to be unprofessional and with attitudes. This topic has been discussed quite a bit already though!

I have found hit and miss service in Montreal. I much prefer when its quieter and during the early opening hours of the mid week day. I went once and spent a good 30 min looking at bags and met a lovely SA names Catharine...she was great and showed me so many bags at my request...I left with nothing bc I was on a ban and just browsing...but she never once seemed inconvenienced, or annoyed or snooty.....and hence why I switched from Toronto to Montreal just for her...bc I found an SA i like...and I love the newly renovated Montreal store and I really liked my first impression of Catharine. Im going back this weekend to order my Mon Mono Speedy 40 and maybe a passport holder....to start off this new SA relationship right ;)

I found ome woman at yorkdale really rude i had to flag her down to get the speedy i had on hold and she basically just wrapped it up ramg through my card smd handed it to me w out even eye contact

In mtl i have better luck asking for help in french then if im speaking eng

Im sure though fornevery rude sa there are 20 obnoxious customers. (none of us ofcourse. I just imagine it is an occupational hazard in luxury retail)

I spoke english when I was in Montreal and had absolutely no problems, but having gone to school there, I can definitely say that some SAs (no matter the store) can be very snooty if you speak to them in english. They either ignore you, or treat you like you are of a lower status, or they pretend they dont speak english (then when you are buying a lot of stuff and it looks good on them, they change and all of a sudden in 15 seconds theyve learned perfect english!!!).

But also I understand for ppl working in retail, they deal with all sorts of customers !!!! But thats why I always treat them the way I want to be treated....with respect and integrity. I never speak down to sales people, I always acknowledge them and i am always pleasant and nice. so hopefully they treat me back just the same....sometimes no matter what you do...a cranky SA is a cranky SA !!! LOL

I have always received friendly service from the SAs at the flagship Bloor location, but got incredible attitude and snobbiness from the SA who helped me the one time I went into the Holt's SA to buy a bag. I don't know her name but she was fairly young. When I asked how many they had left in stock, she said that they weren't allowed to share that information, and when I asked if any other store in Toronto had the size I was looking for, she lied and said it was sold out everywhere. Based on that info I went ahead and bought the Brea MM in electric epi, even though I wanted the GM. A few days later (after I had used the bag) I stopped at the Bloor flagship store and found they had them in stock the whole time. Grrrrr....

Just went to Holts on Bloor last week, spoke english to a chinese SA looking for wallets. Was asking about the price on one that I was about to purchase when another chinese SA walked over and they started talking in chinese and completely ignored me.

I am chinese myself and can understand although I'm not fluent. They were talking badly about somebody else - wasn't sure if it was another customer or someone that worked there. The SA helping me took the price tag out of wallet and sort of shoved it in my face while still talking **** in chinese to the other SA.

Needless to say I walked out of there and went to buy at the other bloor store.

1. chatting with another SA while I'm trying to buy something is rude.
2. talking in another language that they don't know whether I speak or not is rude.
3. talking badly and gossiping about other people infront of me is rude.

They continued their conversation and didn't even blink when I walked out of the store. Worst experience ever.

Can anyone recommend an SA at HR Yorkdale that can get me an Artsy that is MIF (Made in France)? Thanks a bunch =D

I want to buy it this weekend! =)

PS I have an HR gift card that I want to use (store credit..), can I use it at LV?

Can anyone recommend an SA at HR Yorkdale that can get me an Artsy that is MIF (Made in France)? Thanks a bunch =D

I want to buy it this weekend! =)

PS I have an HR gift card that I want to use (store credit..), can I use it at LV?

I like all the SA's at Yorkdale. I was just there today and they were all very friendly. If you want a MiF bag, just ask them to check. I have had them check every bag in the drawer for a MiF for me and they do it without complaint.

You can use your HR gift card at LV. I do it all the time.

Can't wait for your reveal! :biggrin:

I like all the SA's at Yorkdale. I was just there today and they were all very friendly. If you want a MiF bag, just ask them to check. I have had them check every bag in the drawer for a MiF for me and they do it without complaint.

You can use your HR gift card at LV. I do it all the time.

Can't wait for your reveal! :biggrin:

I was there today too and the SA I got was full of himself. Anyways, I'll just call if they have any MIF Artsy's =)

chibista said:
I was there today too and the SA I got was full of himself. Anyways, I'll just call if they have any MIF Artsy's =)

That's so disappointing. I was there between 1-2 in the aft. I don't understand rude SA's especially when the customers are polite. Hopefully, you find a MiF Artsy soon. Good luck!