If you had to chose: Karo, Kelly Double Tour, or Wallet?

Kelly_Birkin

Bolduc Ribbon Girl
O.G.
Apr 30, 2007
Hello Ladies and Gentleman:

I'm torn what my next H purchase should be. Come tax refund time, I would like to treat myself to an orange box, while I'm still away (but closer) to my dream Bolide. (But there are some totes that I just love, but I digress): I can entertain:

A Karo -- Thanks to my Karo Angel(tm), don't know if they're still on TPF, but your generosity is something I have never forgotten...and I've been using this as a wallet since it was given to me. But I'm outgrowing it as a wallet and need something with slots. But there's one I've seen in the most gorgeous color that I would love to add to my collection.

A Kelly Double Tour Bracelet - I'm unsure of my size. I'm in-between an XS and S (6 and 3/4 American sizing). I wouldn't mind a bangle to move around, as that's what they're designed to do, but I'd rather a leather bracelet fit like a watch and be snug, but not too tight where it'd be painful.

Wallet - This will take all of my refund, but it is something I need vs. a want like a bracelet. But the Karo is so beautiful, I can alternate between my turquoise one.

And if I got a real nice refund -- (I think that'll be next year) -- A Garden Party in Ciel -- has become my 2nd dream bag after my rigide Bolide.

Any and all suggestions would be welcome! Thank you. :smile:

I'm jonsing for a wallet and would love either a constance or a kelly long so I can use as a clutch perhaps. SO guess where my vote would go. . . begins with "w". . .

I think you should get the wallet. Its a good investment piece. The kdt or any other bracelet can be a purchase later on down the road as those are a little less expensive (of course in H terms).

Sorry to be practical but I'd go for a bracelet and put the rest towards that Bolide.

I have to agree, even though I love Hermes wallets. But they will take a huge chunk out of what you could be putting towards your Bolide. Or maybe get a card case or Calvi to hold your cards, and put that inside your Karo...and have enough for a KDT.

Well I suggest that you'll buy a wallet as it will bright up your days and gets constant use! There are so many gorgeous colors to choose from.. Hermes wallets last a lifetime so it's a good buy. But in the end of the day it is your decision- you must buy something you really desire and want. Have fun shopping!

I have to agree, even though I love Hermes wallets. But they will take a huge chunk out of what you could be putting towards your Bolide. Or maybe get a card case or Calvi to hold your cards, and put that inside your Karo...and have enough for a KDT.

Good call! I was thinking wallet as well but OB is right. That will be a big chunk of bolide $.

I think you should let go of the Karo. It may be in the color which you want but at the end of the day, it's still the same function as your current Karo. You'd still might need a proper wallet with slots.

I am in similar thoughts with oujia board. Get 2 Calvis and a Bastia, 1 for card-case, the other for cash notes and Bastia for coins. They are pretty affordable and with some money balance left and a lil' top-up, you can actually get a Kelly Double Tour.

You have more than 1 purchases and a variety of colors to your additions including Ms Bolide. In future, when you are really ready to buy a proper wallet, get one like a Silk'in or go all the way, a Lizard/Croc, Bearn/Kelly Wallet.:idea: It'd be the ultimate wallet grail.

I would not go for the Karo as you already have one and it's not what you really need for everyday usage. I tend to vote for the wallet because as you said, you need one.
Or as Ouija Board and Iffah clever alternative, get the card case, coin pouch to be put inside your current Karo and have the rest of the fund for the Bolide of your dream. :smile: Good Luck and please let us know what you've decide on.