Hermes Junkie Support Group - H Anonymous

MrMuggs

Jul 17, 2011
Confessions of a newbie H junkie..... it all started 6 months ago with my first visit to a H boutique in Seattle to purchase a scarf for my MIL. While there, I picked up a single red clic clac with PHW for myself. That was my initiation into the world of H and like many of you on this forum..I am hooked.

What is your advice/strategy to maintain a healthy H habit without going overboard?

Attachments

• 100_1061-11.jpg
    100_1061-11.jpg
    953.2 KB · Views: 659
  • 100_1062-11.jpg
    100_1062-11.jpg
    944.7 KB · Views: 662
What is your advice/strategy to maintain a healthy H habit without going overboard?

Strategy - As long as you have enough money to pay off your airline credit card at the end of the month, buy whatever your heart desires (and you can get your hands on). Before you know it, you'll have enough airline miles to take a nice trip to Europe and check out the H stores there :graucho:

Advice - Don't follow my strategy :roflmfao:

I'm sucked in and don't see nor desire a way out. In all honesty, I don't make purchases that I don't have money for (I do use my credit card for all purchases because I use airline miles to travel across country frequently).

joiseygirl said:
Strategy - As long as you have enough money to pay off your airline credit card at the end of the month, buy whatever your heart desires (and you can get your hands on). Before you know it, you'll have enough airline miles to take a nice trip to Europe and check out the H stores there :graucho:

Advice - Don't follow my strategy :roflmfao:

I'm sucked in and don't see nor desire a way out. In all honesty, I don't make purchases that I don't have money for (I do use my credit card for all purchases because I use airline miles to travel across country frequently).

Spot on! Because you would never want to feel any guilt walking out of the store!

You have such an amazing collection! Your Jypsiere is so pretty, I really really like its color (rubis?)!

I have the funniest story getting hooked to Hermes as I was disappointed years ago when I got my first H bag! I didn't understand what all the fuss was about as I found the bag rather unpractical.. ;) But then a year later or so I got my first 35cm Birkin and a few scarves and off I went- there was no turning back!

I really can't give you any serious advice how not to go "overboard", but maybe try to buy only items that you really end up using. Take time to make buying decisions and try to avoid going to the store constantly. It took me some time to realize which bags and smaller accessories fit my lifestyle and needs but nowadays it's easy not to buy stuff just because it's Hermes or a new color etc. i know what I use and how so I know already which items are not for me. Also a strict budget will help you to steer away from unnecessary buys. Last year I allowed myself to buy only a few shawls and apart from that my DH got me a bag to cheer me up. Loving Hermes turns easily into an addiction (LOL) so making a plan and wishlist on items you may want to buy in the future might be a good idea.
Enjoy your collection and many more orange boxes in the future! :hugs:

You have a beautfiful collection. Could you tell us your bag colors?

As for advice, I think DiamondS and the others has pretty much covered it. If you can afford it and it causes no harm then enjoy. If continual H purchases may not fit into your bank account, then making select purchases for items which will TRULY and COMPLETELY fit your lifestyle will allow you the most value for your money...meaning your constant and continual use and enjoyment of the item will justify the cost. Anyway, what you have now is fabulous, may you enjoy every piece!!!

BTW, I need your CDC belt...waiting for mine and its taking forever...

You got all of that in 6 months? You did good, your collection is TDF. Right now I'm focusing to save money for my 2nd B, so I need to learn not buy anything everytime I went to the store, just window shopping made me good enough.

You did that in 6 months?!! Sorry, you will have to go cold turkey, darlin'. There is nothing short of cutting up the credit cards and blindfolding yourself so you can't be tempted.

(Please folks, don't take this the wrong way as things often do not come across as tongue in cheek in the written word. One needs to hear the tone and the facial expression to know how something is meant.)

While we're doing confessions -- last night I was up and down every fewl hours letting the dog go out, come in, go out, come in. Before sleep arrived where was my brain? 3 guesses -- Hermes. I had just missed out on a bouganvillia item by mere moments (H website).

Am thinking the turnoff might be lack of stock and ability to acquire, annual price hikes -- something -- snotting SA attitude. I'll sell the secret once I discover it. In the meantime, enjoy yourself. Life often sucks so enjoy the time in between.

Wow, all that in 6 months? You must have been going on warp speed. Also, your local store sure has some good stuff. But, you need to pace yourself. H is like a marathon. It's one long, long race. Sometimes it feels like you're chasing after one thing (that elusive birkin, a CDC, a special enamel...) and there's just no light at the end of the tunnel, and other times you see something you didn't know you wanted, but it's there for the taking. Do you go for it or not, or do you stick to the plan, stick to the wishlist? These are all questions that you'll encounter on this orange journey. But, the feeling you get when you wear, look and smell your hermes items make it all worth it. My advice, pace yourself, and enjoy!!!

You have such an amazing collection! Your Jypsiere is so pretty, I really really like its color (rubis?)!

I have the funniest story getting hooked to Hermes as I was disappointed years ago when I got my first H bag! I didn't understand what all the fuss was about as I found the bag rather unpractical.. ;) But then a year later or so I got my first 35cm Birkin and a few scarves and off I went- there was no turning back!

I really can't give you any serious advice how not to go "overboard", but maybe try to buy only items that you really end up using. Take time to make buying decisions and try to avoid going to the store constantly. It took me some time to realize which bags and smaller accessories fit my lifestyle and needs but nowadays it's easy not to buy stuff just because it's Hermes or a new color etc. i know what I use and how so I know already which items are not for me. Also a strict budget will help you to steer away from unnecessary buys. Last year I allowed myself to buy only a few shawls and apart from that my DH got me a bag to cheer me up. Loving Hermes turns easily into an addiction (LOL) so making a plan and wishlist on items you may want to buy in the future might be a good idea.
Enjoy your collection and many more orange boxes in the future! :hugs:
DiamondS, you gave the same advice I would! However, I am so addicted that now I have to force myself to not go to visit my H SA. But, when she calls with something special....oiyoiyoi......can't stop myself from getting another birkin or kelly pochette or kelly cut! At least we can live vicariously on Tpf...hahahaha...

I think it helps to create an all-inclusive, everything you would love to have, type of dream wish list. When you don't hold back, you are able to put things into perspective-- like what colors are your priorities, what styles you already have and what would round out your collection. I think when you admit all the colors and items you want, it becomes easier to reject the ones you don't want-- instead of buying just because something becomes available!

Also, are you constantly using all your H items? If not, you should try to more often, then you may feel more fulfilled by what you already have!

I think it helps to create an all-inclusive, everything you would love to have, type of dream wish list. When you don't hold back, you are able to put things into perspective-- like what colors are your priorities, what styles you already have and what would round out your collection. I think when you admit all the colors and items you want, it becomes easier to reject the ones you don't want-- instead of buying just because something becomes available!

Also, are you constantly using all your H items? If not, you should try to more often, then you may feel more fulfilled by what you already have!
Great Advice LG!!!

Stop enabling her. Wasn't that a plea for an intervention? Where's docride. She'll outfit you with a bridle and rein you in. . . (Hmm, wonder if she makes house calls. . .)

I made a list of wanted items too when I started. The only thing I ever did to that list was add more items!!!:lol:

I think everyone has given you great advice MrMuggs! Enjoy your beautiful collection!:flowers: