Which Coach Originals bag next? Stewardess or City bag??

smileglu

O.G.
May 2, 2007
I just received my Coach Original Willis bag today in British Tan (reveal here ) I'm really appreciating the simple yet classic lines of the Coach originals. With valentines day around the corner, I'm already thinking about my next one :graucho:

Which one would you recommend ?? Stewardess bag or City bag ? For some reason, I like the British Tan for stewardess and mahogany for the city bag. TIA!!

which colors do you have? Which color do you tend to use more? I'm doing the BT or black debate again if I get the stewardess, BT has the slight edge though. Do you find the flap annoying? Does it "slap" you on the face when you lift the flap?

I have it in black/brass and red/brass, and yes, the flap does cause a bit of an inconvenience since you have to lift the flap all the way up to access the interior. OTOH, I love the way it looks and it is super comfortable to wear. I feel like with the flap down and latched, my stuff is pretty secure in there.

I have it in black/brass and red/brass, and yes, the flap does cause a bit of an inconvenience since you have to lift the flap all the way up to access the interior. OTOH, I love the way it looks and it is super comfortable to wear. I feel like with the flap down and latched, my stuff is pretty secure in there.

thanks for letting me know

I should add that the Legacy Zip is also a fabulous bag and it is about the same size and price as the Stewardess. The Legacy Zip has a 42" strap (compared to the 36" strap on the Stewardess) so the Legacy Zip is easier to wear crossbody.

I should add that the Legacy Zip is also a fabulous bag and it is about the same size and price as the Stewardess. The Legacy Zip has a 42" strap (compared to the 36" strap on the Stewardess) so the Legacy Zip is easier to wear crossbody.

Thanks for the Legacy suggestion. I saw that style too but I really like the turnlock on the stewardess bag. Good point on the strap length though. I need to measure to see if 36" would be a good crossbody strap length for me. The mannequin on the website shows it crossbody but I should measure myself.

Thanks to everyone that replied. It looks like Stewardess is the winner. It's only showing in black at the website but JAX says the British Tan Coach Originals will be available in late Feb - would really prefer the Originals leather vs the Classic.

One more q? Does British Tan darken with age/exposure to sun etc??