I think my Mom may have gotten me a fake :(

madiesmom

Nov 13, 2006
I was saying how badly I wanted the unicorn charm, and she sent one as a gift. All the markings and shape look good, except the clasp is gold. It came in an unmarked box, a brown one with pink lining. Did it ever come with a gold clasp? I've seen really bad fakes, and it's not one of those. I mean the charm looks really good except those things are throwing me off. Any thoughts?

It's too bad, but I do give her credit, there's no way she would have known. I'll keep it, I don't really have a choice. I just need to find a way to warn her. I was showing her charms, and she was all into them, it was fun, and I think she got wrapped up in them. My Dads getting her a bracelet for her Birthday now and I got her the sewing machine charm, which she loves. If she's going to collect I want her to know about the fakes out there. And this is one GOOD fake :sad:

It's too bad, but I do give her credit, there's no way she would have known. I'll keep it, I don't really have a choice. I just need to find a way to warn her. I was showing her charms, and she was all into them, it was fun, and I think she got wrapped up in them. My Dads getting her a bracelet for her Birthday now and I got her the sewing machine charm, which she loves. If she's going to collect I want her to know about the fakes out there. And this is one GOOD fake :sad:

It still might not be a fake, sometimes sellers just send it in any box they have. Lots of people like to keep one of each and they just figure a box is a box not being Juicy lovers like ourselves knowing what a big deal it would be.

I was saying how badly I wanted the unicorn charm, and she sent one as a gift. All the markings and shape look good, except the clasp is gold. It came in an unmarked box, a brown one with pink lining. Did it ever come with a gold clasp? I've seen really bad fakes, and it's not one of those. I mean the charm looks really good except those things are throwing me off. Any thoughts?

Can we get a picture of it?

Can we get a picture of it?

fc69283a.jpg

20e0a2b3.jpg

93b03828.jpg

That's a beautiful charm madiesmom, unfortunatelly I can't tell if its fake or not, because I don't have this charm, however not sure but this might had of been one of those charm that came in with a charm bracelet and the seller added the clasp. But let wait for our older members to verify. Keep your hopes up:smile:

im trying to compare it to mine lol i keep looking back and forth and it looks really similar but i think the horn is thinner and it doesnt have any black in between the spirals also the crown and logo on the bottom of mine is smaller but if it is fake its a really good fake

The only other thing I've noticed different between the known authentic charms and yours (keep in mind, I don't own this charm), is the gold plating on the bottom. On the charms with the silver clasp, the gold plate does not go all the way to the edge of the bottom; the white enamel wraps around the edge before hitting the gold plate. In this one, the gold plate runs all the way to the edge.

I do agree, if this is indeed a fake, it is a VERY good one. With the exception of the gold details, I can't find any differences...
Since the charm came out in 09, there isn't the possibility that they would have already re-released it, but with a gold clasp is there?

The only other thing I've noticed different between the known authentic charms and yours (keep in mind, I don't own this charm), is the gold plating on the bottom. On the charms with the silver clasp, the gold plate does not go all the way to the edge of the bottom; the white enamel wraps around the edge before hitting the gold plate. In this one, the gold plate runs all the way to the edge.

I do agree, if this is indeed a fake, it is a VERY good one. With the exception of the gold details, I can't find any differences...
Since the charm came out in 09, there isn't the possibility that they would have already re-released it, but with a gold clasp is there?

I agree with this. The charm should have a silver clasp and the stamp underneath in gold should not go all the way to the edge. Unless like you said they re-released it or is a special case of some sort.

If it is a fake I agree it's a very good one. Not totally positive if it is real, or fake...sorry

I bought a charm on ebay that looks exactly like this charm. It also has a gold clasp and looks perfect and pretty.

I just mailed juicy couture in the hope they could help me determen if the gold clasp is fake or not... i soo hope it's not (but i probably should know better).