new Desert color???

purplecrystal

Nov 2, 2010
Does anyone know what the new DESERT color looks like? Is it tan? Is it pink? Has anyone seen it IRL or can you tell from pictures what color it truly is? Thanks! I am seriously thinking about getting Hailey in Desert, but I wanted to check your opinions about the color before I did. TIA!

I just saw the Desert Maggie at my boutique ... I love the color, it's kind of a soft muted tan pink ... I would not call it mauve ... Hard to describe but one of those colors that change depending on what they are next to. I think it's very pretty and will go with a lot of colors. The lining is a lighter version of almost the same color. I ordered the Desert Hailey, apparently the Haileys will not be in the boutiques again this time.

I just saw the Desert Maggie at my boutique ... I love the color, it's kind of a soft muted tan pink ... I would not call it mauve ... Hard to describe but one of those colors that change depending on what they are next to. I think it's very pretty and will go with a lot of colors. The lining is a lighter version of almost the same color. I ordered the Desert Hailey, apparently the Haileys will not be in the boutiques again this time.

Oh thank you so much! Guess I will have to order my desert Hailey too!

Does anyone know what the new DESERT color looks like? Is it tan? Is it pink? Has anyone seen it IRL or can you tell from pictures what color it truly is? Thanks! I am seriously thinking about getting Hailey in Desert, but I wanted to check your opinions about the color before I did. TIA!
Here is a picture of my Desert Lindsey - next to the Tuberose Gathered Lindsey. Desert looks mauve to me - I would call it a muted, dusty shade - but not at all khaki, sand or beige color (like the name infers). The lining is a paler shade of exterior, but definitely looks more to the pink tones.
http://forum.purseblog.com/picture.php?albumid=8827&pictureid=86023

It looks like a really versatile color to me, I tried it on at the boutique today wearing a coral and tan sweater and shirt, and olive colored pants, and the Desert looked great ... but I also think it will go with a lot of lighter colors including pinks and purples.

I just received the Lindsey in desert and I agree that it is a muted, mauvey pink that will go w/ just about anything. I tried it on in a store before ordering, but was still surprised by the color's versatility when I got it home. It really is beautiful in person. Good luck w/ your decision!

CanNOT wait to see this reveal!!!!! Just reading all of the posts and looking at the desert lindsay pic over and over again I have almost already ordered my own, but really would like to wait until I have a % of if possible. I always, always end up ordering my bags for less than retail, but this might be the time I take the plunge!!!

CanNOT wait to see this reveal!!!!! Just reading all of the posts and looking at the desert lindsay pic over and over again I have almost already ordered my own, but really would like to wait until I have a % of if possible. I always, always end up ordering my bags for less than retail, but this might be the time I take the plunge!!!

I'll post pics as soon as my Desert Hailey arrives, but I think it will be a few days. But if you have a boutique near you they should have other Madison bags in Desert so you can look. I was on the fence on the color until I tried it on in front of the mirror and the whole color changed and I had to have it :P

For a discount, have you tried signing up in the January PCE thread to see if someone can give you their PCE discount code or card? PCE lasts until January 22 so a few more days yet.

I'll post pics as soon as my Desert Hailey arrives, but I think it will be a few days. But if you have a boutique near you they should have other Madison bags in Desert so you can look. I was on the fence on the color until I tried it on in front of the mirror and the whole color changed and I had to have it :P

For a discount, have you tried signing up in the January PCE thread to see if someone can give you their PCE discount code or card? PCE lasts until January 22 so a few more days yet.

If i get out of town this weekend I will have to look!! And no I hadn't even thought of that. I know last time I was offering mine if I didn't use it but at the last minute I ordered my metallic hailey!!! Thank so much!!!

Got the Desert Hailey up on dd, which for me is easier to see than on the Coach website. The code is sv/ds if anyone wants to try with other new Madison bags ... just click the link and then in the url on your browser replace "18633" with the style # of the other bag and hit enter. If a picture doesn't come up there's either no dd pic yet, or that bag won't be coming in Desert.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/18633_svds_a0?$printview$

Attachments

• 18633_svds_a0.jpg
    18633_svds_a0.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 710