Gel topcoat over regular nail polish

Thank you! I am going to try that next time. I get bored with my colors after one week too and I would like to take advantage of my regular polishes without them chipping off. I guess I will have to make sure the regular polish is nice and dry first before applying the Gelish topcoat.

Yes! Just use a buffer block or file and file off the layer of top it off - it doesn't have to be all off, but you want a non-shiny surface. Put on your regular np. Let it dry COMPLETELY. Put on top it off again and cure! :smile:

How does it come off? There is no mention of soaking off, so it may be a file-off top coat. The nail tech I was going to used a similar product, but it had to be filed-off. If it is soak-off - great!

If you want a UV-cured Top Coat for regular nail polish that soaks off, there are also ones by Seche Vite (you can buy it at Sally's) and also one by China Glaze.

You can always use your regular nail polish sandwiched between Gelish base coat and top coat. And I, even though I'm pretty much an all-SOG gal now, will file off the top coat and apply a different color at the one-week mark, only soaking off every 2 weeks. So, you can use your regular nail polish within a SOG system and you can change your color more often than every 2 weeks. :biggrin:

Ahh, you're right. I called my beauty supply store and the owner said I need to file it till the seal breaks, then take off the NP underneath using NP remover. I'll check out the Seche Vite soak off gel t/c, thanks for the heads up! So far though I am liking the Naked Seal.

This is a red carpet manicure sandwich mani. I used the rcm base coat, white hot on tips, Opi I pink I love you (regular nail polish) then about an hour waiting to dry well, I applied rcm top coat and voila!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111110_153048.png
    ForumRunner_20111110_153048.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 21,205
snfleur said:
This is a red carpet manicure sandwich mani. I used the rcm base coat, white hot on tips, Opi I pink I love you (regular nail polish) then about an hour waiting to dry well, I applied rcm top coat and voila!!

How long does your sandwich normally last for?

I am going to give this a try next mani. I have tried the shellac base+top with regular polish and it worked well. But imagine how easy the removal would be with just a regular basecoat underneath.

How does it come off? There is no mention of soaking off, so it may be a file-off top coat. The nail tech I was going to used a similar product, but it had to be filed-off. If it is soak-off - great!

If you want a UV-cured Top Coat for regular nail polish that soaks off, there are also ones by Seche Vite (you can buy it at Sally's) and also one by China Glaze.

You can always use your regular nail polish sandwiched between Gelish base coat and top coat. And I, even though I'm pretty much an all-SOG gal now, will file off the top coat and apply a different color at the one-week mark, only soaking off every 2 weeks. So, you can use your regular nail polish within a SOG system and you can change your color more often than every 2 weeks. :biggrin:
I would love to try this top coat. Does anyone know where to purchase it?

Hi to all of you!!
I have a question...
If I use Gelish top coat over np, do I have to use all of the previous gelish steps, like ph bond and foundation? How can I start to use that method??
I am a np maniac, I want to have my nail color pretty for several days, but I don`t want to have the same color for two or three weeks!!

Hi to all of you!!
I have a question...
If I use Gelish top coat over np, do I have to use all of the previous gelish steps, like ph bond and foundation? How can I start to use that method??
I am a np maniac, I want to have my nail color pretty for several days, but I don`t want to have the same color for two or three weeks!!

If you are only wanting to wear it for a few days, I wouldn't start trying to add a soak off gel topcoat. Unless you can't keep regular polish on, Just use a good basecoat like maybe CND Sticky or Orly Bonder and a good topcoat. Many of the users here can wear regular polish for several days, you just have to find basecoat and topcoat combos that work for you. I am one of the ones who can't keep regular polish on no matter what I do though. LOL.

You could also do a clear or very light colored Gelish manicure in it's entirety, then put regular polish over the top of it with regular topcoat. it seems to wear better of the SOG, but you can just remove it with non-acetone polish remover and change it

I think I've found the holy grail. I have more NP than I can count, and even though I have a couple dozen soak off gel polishes, I don't want to leave my regular polishes languishing in my Helmers, but I don't like changing my polish every 2-3 days. When I went to my neighborhood beauty supply store, the owner gave me a tip on how to prolong my regular manicures (using regular NP): by using a gel top coat. He then gave me this:

http://www.kdsproducts.com/index.ph...roducts&catid=9:naked-seal-products&Itemid=61

It's a gel top coat that you apply over your regular nail polish and cure for 3 minutes under UV light. It gives the most amazing shine and I feel like the NP sticks like glue to the nail. It is perfect for people like me who appreciate longer manicures (like a 5 days to a week) but get bored with the same color for 2 or more weeks. It's the perfect compromise! I am really loving it and I just had to share the experience. I am just on my second day using it but I feel it will really last a long time.

You don't need a special gel basecoat for this. Just use your regular base coat and NP and apply this over the polish. Does anybody have experience using this kind of technique? I am just loving it.
I cannot seem to find a place to purchase Naked Seal top coat. Does anyone know where to find this product?