Small bag suggestions for my mom

Dec 11, 2006
Sorry for this long post. I just bought my mom a Sully PM yesterday for her 60th birthday. She has one other LV bag I bought her (Damier Illovo) and a Vernis violet wallet that I also got her.

She is feeling a bit iffy on the Sully, thinking it is a little too big for her. She is used to smaller shoulder bags. LV doesnt seem to make many small shoulder bags (that arent for evening wear).

The Sully is new and I thought it would work well for her. She was deciding between that and the Thames. She also wants a bag that closes on top, even lessening the choices available. The SA and I thought the Sully looked better so she went home with that. But today, shes not sure because she thinks the bag doesn't hang nicely with the things she usually carries out (not full enough).

I told her that Sully PM really isn't a big bag and its good to have a bigger bag for diversity and optionality. I advised her to put a few things in it and hang it on a closet doorknob to soften the stiff strap as well. My dad and brother also told her it looked good (or "fine" as they said ha).

I think she's planning to keep it after our comments but do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Sologne might be a good option. I appreciate everyone's suggestions but I guess I was looking for something that popped a bit more that since it is a special birthday. I think PH and trocadero may be a bit plain.

Sologne might be a good option. I appreciate everyone's suggestions but I guess I was looking for something that popped a bit more that since it is a special birthday. I think PH and trocadero may be a bit plain.

Does it need to be monogram canvas? I've always thought the Elegie in idylle is stunning ~ would be so elegant on a mature lady. :smile: Otherwise maybe the Estrela MM, or Monty PM if she likes smaller bags. Good luck!

It doesn't have to be mono. She would however prefer it not to be damier for diversity of patterns. And a closure on top. My dad goes crazy over my bags that don't have a proper zipper! My mom would go nuts with my dad watching her bag like a hawk for nonexistent pickpockets lol.

Thanks for your all your suggestions. Additional suggestions would be welcome!

Sadly estrela and Palermo seem too big. She does like the tivoli pm but not a shoulder bag and gm which I have is too big. Thats what makes it so hard.

Partly bc shes used to small bags and partly bc shes tiny. She's 5'1" so big bags engulf her.