Trinity 101

XCCX

Instagram @thediarentist
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Dear tPFers,

After I got my TT Rolex I began to love/appreciate mixing metals.. and now eyeing the Cartier Trinity!!!! Poor wallet!!!! :lol:

I am intrested in the ring and saw on the website that there are many sizes/widths. Could someone please enlighten me??

Is the thin one ($1000 retail) too thin? I plan to wear it as a RHR. What do you think?

Photos are more than welcome!!! :biggrin:

I love the trinity but the pave one and it's just too expensive to even consider. I could get a pretty large diamond for the price of the one I like....

Kiss kiss!!!

Anyone need an enabling pic?

Your ring is sooo pretty!

Unfortunately it is over my budget right now.... Do you think the thin one or the medium wouldn't look nice as a RHR? Is it more of a wedding band? (Thin one now retails for $1000 and medium one is around $1350) yours if I'm not mistaken is around $2300?

I got the impression that you guys didn't like the idea of wearing it as a RHR? Or is the forum slow beacuse of the weekend? :P
I was really hoping for more feedback and maybe photos of the different sizes!

The thin one is extremely thin and I've seen it most used as a wedding band to be stacked versus a stand alone right hand ring. If you plan to stack, it may be a good option. I believe there are 4 sizes though...

Thin one is 2mm I believe? then next is about 3mm? then the classic 4mm? and then Lanas extra large is 6mm or more?

Also. I wear my classic size as a right hand ring as do a few other TPFers. This was my reveal thread when i first purchased my ring:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/cartier-trinity-ring-660364.html
Kitsunegrl also wears her on her right hand index finger and I believe she has the classic size as well.

I found this picture online of the thinnest size one being used as a wedding band:
http://www.pricescope.com/files/engagement_ring_tutorial_photos/zoozoezooCartier.jpg

I just tried on a classic trinity with one pave band. Classic size. It was 12,500, it was an amazing ring! Now on my wishlist! They also have one pave in the thinner size and it got lost on me. Both gorgeous rings. I love the classic size the best. The very thin is best as a stacking or wedding band. IMO!

The thin one is extremely thin and I've seen it most used as a wedding band to be stacked versus a stand alone right hand ring. If you plan to stack, it may be a good option. I believe there are 4 sizes though...

Thin one is 2mm I believe? then next is about 3mm? then the classic 4mm? and then Lanas extra large is 6mm or more?

Also. I wear my classic size as a right hand ring as do a few other TPFers. This was my reveal thread when i first purchased my ring:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/cartier-trinity-ring-660364.html
Kitsunegrl also wears her on her right hand index finger and I believe she has the classic size as well.

I found this picture online of the thinnest size one being used as a wedding band:
http://www.pricescope.com/files/engagement_ring_tutorial_photos/zoozoezooCartier.jpg

Thanks alot!!! this is so helpful :smile:

I dont know.. I love the trinity ring and the idea that it ties in all the colors but not sure which to get, I am not sure how it would look as a rhr and Im afraid that i wont enjoy wearing it that way because ill keep on thinking that its a wedding band or looks like one.. I could get the thin one and wear it as a wedding band alone or with my e ring... but do I really need a 4th wedding band?? (I have wg love band, a yg lanieres and an eternity)..
What do you gues think?

I dont know.. I love the trinity ring and the idea that it ties in all the colors but not sure which to get, I am not sure how it would look as a rhr and Im afraid that i wont enjoy wearing it that way because ill keep on thinking that its a wedding band or looks like one.. I could get the thin one and wear it as a wedding band alone or with my e ring... but do I really need a 4th wedding band?? (I have wg love band, a yg lanieres and an eternity)..
What do you gues think?

It looks fab as a RHR, but I need the diamonds, LOL. You should go and try on one. The diamond pave band makes it a stunning ring.
But for plain , I would get the classic size.

I ordered the classic Trinity. The price was 1350. If ordering the classic sizing I would try it on first. I do not have a store close to me so I ordered my regular size, it was a little tight, when my hands get warm my fingers swell, so I had to exchange it for the next size up.