I need guidance!!

yussi

O.G.
Sep 2, 2009
I am in desperate need of some guidance and some words of wisdom!!!! I am debating in whether to purchase the DELIGHTFUL GM or a KEEPALL 45 bandouliere, I am about to have a baby and will be needing all the room I can get to carry my stuff and the bb's HOWEVER, I decided a while ago NOT TO SPEND ANY CRAZY amount of money on designer handbags, we are trying to consolidate our debt and start the year on a clean slate.......I JUST CANT DO IT!!!! I feel like a junkie must feel, wait!..........I am a junkie!!! I have been concentrating for the past few months on groceries for the house, some winter clothing for my 4 yr old son, have everything ready for the new bb, have not bought anything for me because I really DO NOT need anything, but DEFINITELY WANT ANOTHER LOUIS!!!! (I used to have the lockit vertical but sold it!!), now I want something BIG and be able to carry it comfortably on my shoulder or across my body.......I just can't seem to pull my self together to make the purchase, something stops me but on the same hand, IT IS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!!!!!! I have had this purse topic on my head for about one whole week, trying to not think about it, telling my self over and over that its just a purse, stay off the vicious cycle, etc, etc... but it does not seem to be working....

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?????????????

Any positive criticism and insights are greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

:wtf::shocked:

Since you've been running around in circles with the thoughts of buying vs not buying...I would say....keep doing what you're doing. Hold fast to your goals and get rid of that debt! Maybe your nesting LOL....take a deep breath and know that there will be more LVs to come....Congrats on the baby!

Maybe leave hints for your hubby to get it for you as a new-baby gift after the baby is born? It would probably mean even more to receive it as a gift for such a special occasion. Congrats on your soon to be baby btw! :balloon: (and I would go for the delightful over the keepall 45 which is a huge bag, but I'm a small bag kind of girl)

Since you've been running around in circles with the thoughts of buying vs not buying...I would say....keep doing what you're doing. Hold fast to your goals and get rid of that debt! Maybe your nesting LOL....take a deep breath and know that there will be more LVs to come....Congrats on the baby!
thank you for your thoughts and your good wishes! I am going to try and prolong this 'state'....I have just always been the kind of gal that finds a way to get what she wants but for the short term, I have not figured out how to get what I want for a long term!!!! which would be to kill this debt! :sweatdrop:

We all come to tPF for support and a little enabling. However, I feel that with a baby on the way and your effort to get your finances under control, a purchase of a high end bag just is not in the cards at this time. Good luck!

Maybe leave hints for your hubby to get it for you as a new-baby gift after the baby is born? It would probably mean even more to receive it as a gift for such a special occasion. Congrats on your soon to be baby btw! :balloon: (and I would go for the delightful over the keepall 45 which is a huge bag, but I'm a small bag kind of girl)
;) thank you!! My husband is such a gorgeous man, inside and out!! He just tells me: -"just get it!, it does not matter, that is what I work for"- AHHH!!! it kills me (in a good way) but as of right now, the ball is totally in my court!!!

If your husband is telling you to get it, I would say make it a present - push, Valentine's bay, anniversary or all of the above. It is a lot of money to spend, especially if you have debt. However, if he is telling you to buy it and it will not disrupt your financial goals, go for it - you are giving him a baby!

If your husband is telling you to get it, I would say make it a present - push, Valentine's bay, anniversary or all of the above. It is a lot of money to spend, especially if you have debt. However, if he is telling you to buy it and it will not disrupt your financial goals, go for it - you are giving him a baby!
I love your post!!!!
:woot:

yuk! I don't like the TOTALLY! I figure, for the same amount of $ I could get the DELIGHTFUL (both of these GM's).
Thank you for your input though!! ;)

Oh lol, ok if you don't like it you don't like it.... Sounds like you really like the Delightful, get it and don't feel bad about it.

Check out the thread with the new lookbook spy pictures first to make sure theres nothing there that will tempt you. :smile:
oh ok! thanx! I will...... I guess that as long as I make sure that I won't purchase anything else (of this kind of course) this year, then we will be fine...have got to make the right decision!!
:sweatdrop: