LV FLATS - hot or not?

tessa06

O.G.
Nov 16, 2010
It's tax season again :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: and I'm thinking I can buy something LV for the money that I'm getting.. But then, I am also thinking about saving the money instead.. Decision.. decision..:thinking:

First and foremost, I am a sucker for flat shoes.. I own a lot of flat shoes and my BF, friends and coworkers know about this.. I work in a lab and flat shoes are the best shoes to wear in this kind of job.. I don't own any LV shoes or really expensive shoes except for some few Vera Wang and Tory Burch flats and a Prada sandals that I got on sale. Now, I'm eyeing this LV flats that I saw online.. I haven't seen this shoes IRL but looking at the website makes me drool about this flats.. I showed it to my BF and he asked for the price.. I thought he'd tell me not to get it but he told me, it's not that bad for the price especially it's a LV but he's just wondering if it's gonna be comfortable.. So tPFers, what do you think about LV flat shoes? Are they worth it or should I just save my money for maybe another bag or maybe just save it for the future??

Here's the link for the shoe that I want..:drool::drool:
http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...llerina-in-printed-leather--gros-grain-863583

It's called Dauphine Ballerina in Printed Leather & Gros Grain..:cloud9:

Love the Dauphine flats, and the Elba. Classic, comfy looking and beautiful. They're appropriate for most occasions too! You could go from work to a fun night out in either pair.

Love the Dauphine flats, and the Elba. Classic, comfy looking and beautiful. They're appropriate for most occasions too! You could go from work to a fun night out in either pair.

Thank you for your reply..:biggrin: So you own one? Which one do you have? Is it just comfy looking but not comfy at all? Sorry if I have tons of questions as I haven't tried on any LV shoes before.

Thank you for your reply..:biggrin: So you own one? Which one do you have? Is it just comfy looking but not comfy at all? Sorry if I have tons of questions as I haven't tried on any LV shoes before.

No, I don't own either pair, but now I am considering it, lol...I looked at them on the website, and now I'm in love with them...they're gorgeous shoes. I hope they are as comfy as they look (because many shoes aren't). Let us know when you try them on. I'd like to know what you think, because I wear flats a lot too (foot problems caused by wearing heels almost every day starting at age 13 until I was 27.) I have to save my high heels for when I go out, which is a bummer. I'm always on the hunt for chic flats.

I have 2 pairs of LV flats (Elba and Lovely) they are so comfy!! Best flats I have ever had :smile: so i say get them!

ETA: i think the elba flats and the Dauphine are pretty much the same but with different designs.

No, I don't own either pair, but now I am considering it, lol...I looked at them on the website, and now I'm in love with them...they're gorgeous shoes. I hope they are as comfy as they look (because many shoes aren't). Let us know when you try them on. I'd like to know what you think, because I wear flats a lot too (foot problems caused by wearing heels almost every day starting at age 13 until I was 27.) I have to save my high heels for when I go out, which is a bummer. I'm always on the hunt for chic flats.

I know.. They really look gorgeous..:love: I don't normally look at their shoes and I just decided to look at them on their website and I was stunned..:shocked: How I wish I can wear heels a lot.. I am having a hard time wearing one since I always wear flats.. It sucks!:sad: Sorry to hear about your foot problem.. At least, you can still wear heels when you're going out.. I need a stiletto 101 coz I suck so bad with them..:lol: You should check out Vera Wang or Sam Edelman flats, their flats are really cute and comfy.. Well, LV flats look really comfy in the picture.. and according to zen02sg too..:biggrin: I'll definitely try them on but I have to wait til March. I need patience as I tend to get excited and might purchase it unexpectedly..:Push:

I have 2 pairs of LV flats (Elba and Lovely) they are so comfy!! Best flats I have ever had :smile: so i say get them!

ETA: i think the elba flats and the Dauphine are pretty much the same but with different designs.

Aaww.. Thank you for your comment..:biggrin: Really appreciate it.. Now, I have to wait for 2 months til I can purchase it.. I need patience..:oh:

I know.. They really look gorgeous..:love: I don't normally look at their shoes and I just decided to look at them on their website and I was stunned..:shocked: How I wish I can wear heels a lot.. I am having a hard time wearing one since I always wear flats.. It sucks!:sad: Sorry to hear about your foot problem.. At least, you can still wear heels when you're going out.. I need a stiletto 101 coz I suck so bad with them..:lol: You should check out Vera Wang or Sam Edelman flats, their flats are really cute and comfy.. Well, LV flats look really comfy in the picture.. and according to zen02sg too..:biggrin: I'll definitely try them on but I have to wait til March. I need patience as I tend to get excited and might purchase it unexpectedly..:Push:

If you do buy them, don't forget to do a reaveal pic! I wanna see!:biggrin:

I have ordered the same pair in black, waiting for them to arrive in Australia. I could not resist them, they are to die for. I also have the Elba's, as well as a pair of leather sneakers that are the most comfortable shoes I own. I have found though that the sizes are not consistent, I have size 39 sneakers, the Elba's 39 1/2, the Dauphines are 39, and the 2 pairs of thongs/sandals are size 40. Definitely pays to try them on first.
You will love them, go for it!