To many OTK & thigh length boots?

Should I continue to post to thread "Too many OTK & Thigh boots"?

• Absolutely love look at regularly

• Occassionally look at

• Split the thread

• Not bothered

• Post more!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kayapo97

O.G.
May 24, 2009
Just been sorting my closet out and realised that I have quite a few pairs of thigh length boots. I wonder whether I have to many?, would you get rid of any of them and if so which ones? or should I just accept I like the style and keep them.

Do any of you have a larger collection or a particular pair you really enjoy wearing - I would love to know, even if it is just to confirm for me that I am not the only one who likes them so much. Although I do have an even larger collection of other shoes I have to say!

Attachments

• Boots1_resize_resize.jpg
    Boots1_resize_resize.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 8,304
Reactions: mal and aliensurfer
I mean, how often do you wear each pair? Do you have any that sit mainly unworn? If so, ditch. If you wear and love them all, then enjoy! There just can't be too much of a great thing!! :graucho:

They're all very different from each other, so they really could all serve a specific style purpose. Maybe thigh highs are just one of your signature looks? Assuming they all fit well and you enjoy each of them, I wouldn't get rid of any.

They're all very different from each other, so they really could all serve a specific style purpose. Maybe thigh highs are just one of your signature looks? Assuming they all fit well and you enjoy each of them, I wouldn't get rid of any.
They all get worn, some more than others and I do go through phases of having a favourite. At the moment my the Brian Atwood Barretta's get worn quite a bit day to day, whereas the Pucci OTK Cuissard boots are for special events especially as they have a 5" pin heel and I've only had them since last summer.

I wouldn't get rid of any of them...they are all different colors/textures..I can see every one of these in a different 'look' / outfit...I have lots of boots too...I have so many pairs of black and brown boots..but I need them to create a certain look in whatever I am wearing...your boots are GORGEOUS...I love otk boots..no thigh highs for me though...I wish..but I'll be 46 this year and I truly think that would be pushing it..even though I could pull off the look..it's hard to draw a line in fashion vs age....but that would be it for me..I would vacuum in them though!!! LOL!!!

I wouldn't get rid of any of them...they are all different colors/textures..I can see every one of these in a different 'look' / outfit...I have lots of boots too...I have so many pairs of black and brown boots..but I need them to create a certain look in whatever I am wearing...your boots are GORGEOUS...I love otk boots..no thigh highs for me though...I wish..but I'll be 46 this year and I truly think that would be pushing it..even though I could pull off the look..it's hard to draw a line in fashion vs age....but that would be it for me..I would vacuum in them though!!! LOL!!!
Emmy,

I don't think there is a specific age for stopping wearing things, as long as it looks good on you, and I am sure it would go for it!

What do others think?

Often I wear my boots with skirts just above or below the knee, so the boots don't stand out so much. The added bonus it that when its cold they keep my legs lovely and warm as well as looking really stylish.

They all get worn, some more than others and I do go through phases of having a favourite. At the moment my the Brian Atwood Barretta's get worn quite a bit day to day, whereas the Pucci OTK Cuissard boots are for special events especially as they have a 5" pin heel and I've only had them since last summer.

Then no question - KEEP'EM ALL!!! And maybe add 1 more - then you could have a pair for every day of the week, and how awesome would that be? :biggrin:

Okay not OTK or Thigh high I know but I have just got this pair of knee boots from Pucci.:biggrin:

I loved the colour! - they go with lots of my skirts and tops so a worthwhile sale investment

Would like to go for something with a lower heel but all I ever to seem to find are ones wirh a 120mm heel! luckily I can just about manage that.

Attachments

• 44373192_14_r.jpg
    44373192_14_r.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 7,891
Reactions: aliensurfer
I just had OTK boots early this year from Topshop (sale) and I have been having buyer remorse cos I am afraid I got it rather late, way past the trend. Thinking to return it but I am in the States and the hassle of it :Push:
Should I sell it or keep it ... reading this post kind ease my feeling a bit

I just had OTK boots early this year from Topshop (sale) and I have been having buyer remorse cos I am afraid I got it rather late, way past the trend. Thinking to return it but I am in the States and the hassle of it :Push:
Should I sell it or keep it ... reading this post kind ease my feeling a bit
I tend to go for styles that I think will remain "classic" rather then go too trendy. I think if something looks good on you I don't really care whether it is this weeks, months or years trend - its about you having your own style - and lets face it most trends come from styles that have been started by someone doing something different from the rest of the crowd!

So if you thought the boots looked good when you got them, then keep them and enjoy them!

I for one still enjoy wearing the boots I have.

I tend to go for styles that I think will remain "classic" rather then go too trendy. I think if something looks good on you I don't really care whether it is this weeks, months or years trend - its about you having your own style - and lets face it most trends come from styles that have been started by someone doing something different from the rest of the crowd!

So if you thought the boots looked good when you got them, then keep them and enjoy them!

I for one still enjoy wearing the boots I have.

Thank you Kayapo ... it just funny that I have been looking around for it then when I got it, I didn't feel like how I want to feel. Hmmm thinking bout it again, I think cos it's that crazy sale of the month and I got myself 3 pairs of shoes :-s ... hmm maybe that's why

I really don't like these style of boots. I just don't see them as something that shows that you are a stylish woman
Angelina

Fine you have your view but that doesn't mean someone isn't stylish it just isn't your style - what ever that might be. I don't like a lot CL shoes, but doesn't mean those people who they suit can't be stylish

Reactions: mal