Nordstrom changes to rewards program

juliel

O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Anyone else see this? Nordstrom has changed it's rewards for cardholders. No longer free 2 day shipping for Level 2 and up; just free standard shipping (via slow boat and often when it ships from a store they dont' have the tracking info until after it arrives). No more $200 Note when you hit Level 3 and Level 4. As someone who spent big at the end of 2011 to hit Level 3 to get that note, this stinks. (They d**n well had better give me my 2011 note for that). Instead, when I contacted them, they told me about this great new benefit of all these free alterations.

I buy cosmetics and handbags. I don't buy things that don't fit when I buy them. Is anyone else irate about this? I get that they have the right to change it at any time but for a store that makes its name on CS, it feels like a slap in the face for them to go backwards on the perks then try to convince me it's actually good for me because of some alterations policy. (And as my mom pointed out, I wouldn't have time to get things altered since I can't get them shipped 2nd day for free anymore!)

Supposedly they are grandfathering through February but I had a friend who spent an extra $60 end of last year to get into Level 2, only to be told that she didnt' get the free 2-day shipping about a week ago.

Anyone else see this? Nordstrom has changed it's rewards for cardholders. No longer free 2 day shipping for Level 2 and up; just free standard shipping (via slow boat and often when it ships from a store they dont' have the tracking info until after it arrives). No more $200 Note when you hit Level 3 and Level 4. As someone who spent big at the end of 2011 to hit Level 3 to get that note, this stinks. (They d**n well had better give me my 2011 note for that). Instead, when I contacted them, they told me about this great new benefit of all these free alterations.

I buy cosmetics and handbags. I don't buy things that don't fit when I buy them. Is anyone else irate about this? I get that they have the right to change it at any time but for a store that makes its name on CS, it feels like a slap in the face for them to go backwards on the perks then try to convince me it's actually good for me because of some alterations policy. (And as my mom pointed out, I wouldn't have time to get things altered since I can't get them shipped 2nd day for free anymore!)

Supposedly they are grandfathering through February but I had a friend who spent an extra $60 end of last year to get into Level 2, only to be told that she didnt' get the free 2-day shipping about a week ago.

I just read the changes to the rewards and have to say I'm excited about the changes, especially about the alterations and the triple bonus points day of your choosing. I am short so everything I buy needs alterations and as for the triple points- I'd love to combine it with their designer's sale for shoes and bags. Typically those sales don't coincide during the time they offer double or triple points.

I just read the changes to the rewards and have to say I'm excited about the changes, especially about the alterations and the triple bonus points day of your choosing. I am short so everything I buy needs alterations and as for the triple points- I'd love to combine it with their designer's sale for shoes and bags. Typically those sales don't coincide during the time they offer double or triple points.

me too. I am short at 5'3 and am really happy about the free alterations! and the Triple bonus day for yourself. I would use it when I make a big handbag purchase for sure!!

Really? I'd much rather have a $200 Note when I hit 10K a year than have alterations I won't use, and I don't spend at one time so on any given day I'd only get bonus points on like $200 of merchandise. I wish they'd at least give people an option. To me alterations just seem really specific, like you've taken away something that is useful to everyone no matter what they buy in favor of something that only certain customers will care about (and a customer who wanted to could always use their bonus note on alterations if they were so inclined).

Really? I'd much rather have a $200 Note when I hit 10K a year than have alterations I won't use, and I don't spend at one time so on any given day I'd only get bonus points on like $200 of merchandise. I wish they'd at least give people an option. To me alterations just seem really specific, like you've taken away something that is useful to everyone no matter what they buy in favor of something that only certain customers will care about (and a customer who wanted to could always use their bonus note on alterations if they were so inclined).

Well.. from my perspective it will highly be unlikely I would ever spend 10k a year at Nordstrom.. or a total of that for just shopping for the year on clothes/shoes/handbags etc. Wish I could ! So yea I am happy with the free alterations, free shipping etc.

And if I could spend that much alone at one store.. in one year in addition to other shopping? well a 200 note wont really matter to me, I am thinking! :cool:

I think the rewards changes seem fine. I'm never in a rush for shipping, most items I pick up at the store. It seems silly to me to spend a certain amount of money just to get a giftcard or shipping. I only spend if I really want/need the items.

Well.. from my perspective it will highly be unlikely I would ever spend 10k a year at Nordstrom.. or a total of that for just shopping for the year on clothes/shoes/handbags etc. Wish I could ! So yea I am happy with the free alterations, free shipping etc.

And if I could spend that much alone at one store.. in one year in addition to other shopping? well a 200 note wont really matter to me, I am thinking! :cool:

:tup:

Wow...I had no idea. I just got my level 4 $200 note in the mail today. Guess I just got in under the wire. I doubt I'll use the alterations much...but I loved the free 2 day shipping. It was the best perk ever!! I'll miss it! :cry:

I actually buy a lot of stuff on my Nordstrom card when my friends shop there to get the points. So, it's not necessarily that much that I spent out of my own pocket - and, it really is a big deal and a nice perk to get. This isn't one of 5 stores I spend that much at; it was the single store I consistently patronized for nice purchases.

That was the only reason I made an effort to get that last bit of shopping in and made some choices to buy Christmas presents, etc there instead of elsewhere. None of the other Level 3 perks really mattered. The store is less than a mile from my house, so it's my primary place to shop (Nordstrom for high end, Target for the basics). But even at Level 2 I now have to pay again if I want something shipped quickly, or wait for several days. It was ok when it was free standard shipping, until we got used to the 2 day as the new standard. And it looks like everyone gets free shipping, so it's not really like rewards customers are getting a perk over anyone else on that.

MJ, did you find the extra Level 4 perks to be worthwhile? I remember thinking the $200 note was the primary thing that was awesome about Level 3 but that Level 4 had some interesting things to it (though I'd probably never hit that level).

juliel said:
I actually buy a lot of stuff on my Nordstrom card when my friends shop there to get the points. So, it's not necessarily that much that I spent out of my own pocket - and, it really is a big deal and a nice perk to get. This isn't one of 5 stores I spend that much at; it was the single store I consistently patronized for nice purchases.

That was the only reason I made an effort to get that last bit of shopping in and made some choices to buy Christmas presents, etc there instead of elsewhere. None of the other Level 3 perks really mattered. The store is less than a mile from my house, so it's my primary place to shop (Nordstrom for high end, Target for the basics). But even at Level 2 I now have to pay again if I want something shipped quickly, or wait for several days. It was ok when it was free standard shipping, until we got used to the 2 day as the new standard. And it looks like everyone gets free shipping, so it's not really like rewards customers are getting a perk over anyone else on that.

MJ, did you find the extra Level 4 perks to be worthwhile? I remember thinking the $200 note was the primary thing that was awesome about Level 3 but that Level 4 had some interesting things to it (though I'd probably never hit that level).

Honestly Julie, the $200 note was the best perk. Now that everything has changed, I'm not sure about any of it. The thing that bugs me is that Nordstrom never informed me that the rewards program was changing...the first I heard of it was in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

It is so true. I would not use alterations on anything there ever. Because I can sew and fix things by myself. It is really not worth anything extra. Major alterations will still require probably an extra payment.

I'm pretty surprised too. They aren't informing customers very well. The second day shipping was so nice because their regular shipping is so slow; other retailers are much faster in general. I'm near a store so using the alterations option is possible, but what about the customers who aren't near any stores to receive alterations benefits? There's not much "special" left for them to enjoy as a result of being L3/L4 except maybe the opportunity to spend tons on a shopping trip.

It is so true. I would not use alterations on anything there ever. Because I can sew and fix things by myself. It is really not worth anything extra. Major alterations will still require probably an extra payment.

I was wondering that too - hemming is one thing, but needing to completely alter a coat or a leather piece would be much more $$. Maybe they figure this will increase sales because people will be more willing to buy items that aren't available in their exact size and have them altered.

sunglow said:
I don't like the changes. I'd rather have 2 day shipping than alterations.

I did like that 2 day feature. I was wondering why lately my purchases were getting here do fast !!lol

Then I saw my newest statement. Yikes. Didn't realize I bought do much haha