UPS lost my SHOPBOP package!

jun3machina

hopelessly addicted
O.G.
Apr 11, 2006
oh man, i've been waiting all day for my Alexander Wang bag to arrive...well, i decide to check in on the package tracking and it says it was delivered at 1:14pm....i've been sitting in my living room by the window waiting all morning for it! no UPS man, no truck, no knock, and no package even though the tracking now says delivered.

i called UPS, they're no help at all.
i asked if they could maybe just call the driver or something (i've had the postal service do it before in this scenerio) and all they gave me was a crappy answer saying i have to call the vendor. :sad:

so i called shopbop, the gal on the phone was very nice and she said she'd look into it right away.

in the meantime im sitting here freaking out! has this happened to anyone else before? can anyone please tell me a happy ending story??

shopbop said if they cant find the box, they'll refund me...but i dont want a refund, i just want the bag!!

ugh...it's going to be a long day

AGH! That's happened to me! UPS did an investigation (took about 3 weeks). They can find out exactly what house the package was left at; they have electronic tracking info, I was told. In my case, the UPS driver went back to the house (turned out to be only 2 blocks down)and asked about the package. Clearly, the people there weren't going to admit receiving it because they kept/stole it. I was refunded at the end of all of it.

HOPEFULLY, yours was delivered to someone honest who will do the right thing.

oh man, i've been waiting all day for my Alexander Wang bag to arrive...well, i decide to check in on the package tracking and it says it was delivered at 1:14pm....i've been sitting in my living room by the window waiting all morning for it! no UPS man, no truck, no knock, and no package even though the tracking now says delivered.

i called UPS, they're no help at all.
i asked if they could maybe just call the driver or something (i've had the postal service do it before in this scenerio) and all they gave me was a crappy answer saying i have to call the vendor. :sad:

so i called shopbop, the gal on the phone was very nice and she said she'd look into it right away.

in the meantime im sitting here freaking out! has this happened to anyone else before? can anyone please tell me a happy ending story??

shopbop said if they cant find the box, they'll refund me...but i dont want a refund, i just want the bag!!

ugh...it's going to be a long day

Almost same thing happened to me last year. My package from nordstrom got lost. They gave me the same line "Call your vendor". I called Nordstrom and they immedietly refunded all my money in my account. I think shopbop will do the same thing but might take a while. Best of luck, hope it gets sorted out.

AGH! That's happened to me! UPS did an investigation (took about 3 weeks). They can find out exactly what house the package was left at; they have electronic tracking info, I was told. In my case, the UPS driver went back to the house (turned out to be only 2 blocks down)and asked about the package. Clearly, the people there weren't going to admit receiving it because they kept/stole it. I was refunded at the end of all of it.

HOPEFULLY, yours was delivered to someone honest who will do the right thing.
ugh! i think it got delivered at the wrong address too. Im praying people are honest, and do the right thing, or UPS comes and finds it and can fix this. i bought the bag on sale and they sold out later in the day, so i dont think they can send out another even if i wanted them too...

thanks for chiming in. this is my very first order with shopbop. so far, people seem to rave about their service. i just wish they used fedex rather than UPS to ship with. i always have terrible experiences with UPS...

Almost same thing happened to me last year. My package from nordstrom got lost. They gave me the same line "Call your vendor". I called Nordstrom and they immedietly refunded all my money in my account. I think shopbop will do the same thing but might take a while. Best of luck, hope it gets sorted out.
yeah, they said they have to open an investigation, a trace they called it, which was done today. the lady on the phone said it could be up to 8 business days....i dont want a refund though. i really just want the bag :sad:

I've had this happen to me,too. I was told that a package had been delivered although I never received it. I called UPS and they researched it quite quickly and said that it hadn't been delivered although in their system it said that it had been. I ended up getting refunded, but I really wanted the package as it was something major that I had ordered on either Ruelala or Gilt.

Since 95% of the time I have the same UPS delivery guy, I asked him if he'd seen the package. He said that it hadn't come through him.

Just a few weeks ago, I looked out my door and noticed a box at the bottom of the stairs and in front of the wrong door. It was a Hautelook box, so I figured it was mine and it was. I had been home all day waiting for my Jerome Dreyfuss Billy to be delivered and wasn't aware that my Hautelook delivery would arrive on the same day. I kept looking out the door for my Billy bag, praying that my regular UPS guy would be delivering it.

The UPS delivery person, of the Hautelook delivery, was too lazy to walk up the stairs and sit the box next to the door, so it was left on a sidewalk in front of the wrong door.

Later that day I got my Jerome Dreyfuss Billy bag, but delivered by my regular UPS delivery guy who came up the stairs (as always) and knocked on my door. I told him what had happened earlier and he seemed pretty disgusted that the other delivery person didn't even knock on my door and then, on top of that, left the package in front of the wrong door although I have a sign specifically pointing out where to leave deliveries.

The only problem with UPS tracing it is that they don't do it immediately. Seriously, if they screw that up they should send someone back to wherever they left the package ASAP. That's the best chance of getting it back.

true!

i've had this happen once with USPS or fed-ex, cant remember which, and i called customer service. they put in a call to the driver somehow immediately and figured it out and drove right back to remedy the situation.

i couldn't believe they basically told me they cant do anything when i called earlier, like once it's out the door, it's whoever i ordered from's responsibility to find it out or file a claim. i called at 1:45, and it said it was delivered at 1:14.....i mean really, they couldn't do more than what they did to try and figure out what happened?

im kinda infuriated. im trying to be calm and hope for the best but deep down in my gut it makes me feel a bit sick that my bag is potentially out there in the dark on someones porch or worse yet, someone opened it up and they're evil and they wont report a misdelivered package.

i hope it's not the case. really i do. im just really upset about it! i was so excited to have it delivered today. i've been lusting after this bag for months... :crybaby:

i couldn't believe they basically told me they cant do anything when i called earlier, like once it's out the door, it's whoever i ordered from's responsibility to find it out or file a claim.

The package belongs to the shipper until it is delivered, that's why they won't deal with anyone but the shipper when something happens. I hope they found your bag!