should i get an LV bag before the price increase or something from tiffanys or VCA?

LVoeletters

only the best
O.G.
Aug 13, 2011
Hey all! Hope you are doing well and enjoying the new year!!

I am facing a dilemma...

I haven't really bought bags the year before last, a couple of coach but that was with giftcards but I started buying a lot of tiffany charms and what not, including two watches (movado and michelle:heart: :heart:) and this was the late 2009 and into the very early 2011. the second half of 2011, I started to purchase bags and I ended up with two hand held LVs and a Tory Burch tote. I intended on buying one more LV tote because there is going to be a price increase any day now... but I'm going crazy deciding what I should get, what I would love is a chanel flap but that's out of the question right now. I could really use a tote because I'm still a student and have grad school and more school after that and right now I sold everything else but a coach red poppy patent tote and the TB tote. But I still have two totes to use.. And if I get the westminster I could also get a hermes bangle possibly...

So I was thinking maybe I should get a nice necklace maybe my first piece from VCA or Tiffanys? I was thinking either an alhambra piece or I was researching about their paris collection with the adorable girl holding onto a balloon! I really love VCA but always thought it was too out of my range so I was debating this or the other tiffany pieces I've wanted for a long time as well which was:

the fleur de lis mini key in platinum, I've always wanted this, but Idk if this is too immature? I'm 22 and don't want to tire of any of my big purchases, I want this purchase to last me for many years to come. Here is the link:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-p+15-c+287465-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

here is another tiffanys:
http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-p+22-c+287465-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Ite...-p+38-c+287465-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

besides the key, there was one more tiffany necklace I really wanted but it's not on the website right now, if you google "tiffany bee necklace" and go down to the 12th row all the way 2 the right, thats the pendant, but I didn't want to link the website because it didn't seem legit and I didn't want to get in trouble.

So what would you do? The LV bags I was looking at was the verona and the westminster but idk what to do because I feel like there are price increases all around me! I know I'm going to lose somewhere but I don't know what to do. Any advise is much appreciated!!!

Do you mean the Tiffany Garden bee pendant? I think that is a very beautiful piece! I love the Tiffany Garden pieces.
It depends on what you love... Jewelry is always going to be more valuable in the long run, but if you really want the bag, then get that...
Good luck on your decision!
My two cents is either a VCA Alhambra single motif or the Tiffany Garden pendant... :smile:

Since you already have two totes, you are covered there.
I would not worry about buying the LV right now just because of the impending price increase.
Why not just save your money...enjoy the compounding interest...and buy your VCA or Chanel bag as a graduation gift? VCA is not inexpensive....

Do you mean the Tiffany Garden bee pendant? I think that is a very beautiful piece! I love the Tiffany Garden pieces.
It depends on what you love... Jewelry is always going to be more valuable in the long run, but if you really want the bag, then get that...
Good luck on your decision!
My two cents is either a VCA Alhambra single motif or the Tiffany Garden pendant... :smile:

I went to VCA today and looked at the single motif in rose gold and in the catalog i saw the chalaondy with white gold and loved both. my only qualm is to spend that much and not have any diamond or precious stone on it, but i understand it still is VCA.

Since you already have two totes, you are covered there.
I would not worry about buying the LV right now just because of the impending price increase.
Why not just save your money...enjoy the compounding interest...and buy your VCA or Chanel bag as a graduation gift? VCA is not inexpensive....

No i agree VCA isn't cheap, the piece I am looking at is 2500, I'm using money from things that I sold and then its back to saving. The only reason I would even look at buying more things is because this is money from things that I sold, and thats my rule is that I get to buy two big things a year if I can manage that with me putting money away for it little by little, which is what I did for my watch and the new alma. But since I sold a bunch of my stuff, it's like my "incentive".

My thing is if I have the money now and plan on buying something later this year, I' rather buy it now to save the money, and then start long term saving for something else i.e. the chanel bag. I understand what you mean by saving the money and getting interest, but honestly my accounts have such low interest that it the interest wouldn't be a perk, KWIM? But if I can't decide I decided I would do what you suggested and put it away till I can decide and stand confidently with the decision I make.

I would go with a tiffany garden piece, the rose cut and brilliant cut diamonds are gorgeous. this is by far my favorite collection from tiffany's the bee pendant is my dream pendant!

Hello again,
Wise words dear friend.:smile:
I took at peek at your wish list and if I were you, I would buy a nice Burberry trench coat. It is such a classic and will serve you well in New England...it will never go out of style. Such a nice investment in your wardrobe.

No i agree VCA isn't cheap, the piece I am looking at is 2500, I'm using money from things that I sold and then its back to saving. The only reason I would even look at buying more things is because this is money from things that I sold, and thats my rule is that I get to buy two big things a year if I can manage that with me putting money away for it little by little, which is what I did for my watch and the new alma. But since I sold a bunch of my stuff, it's like my "incentive".

My thing is if I have the money now and plan on buying something later this year, I' rather buy it now to save the money, and then start long term saving for something else i.e. the chanel bag. I understand what you mean by saving the money and getting interest, but honestly my accounts have such low interest that it the interest wouldn't be a perk, KWIM? But if I can't decide I decided I would do what you suggested and put it away till I can decide and stand confidently with the decision I make.

I would go with a tiffany garden piece, the rose cut and brilliant cut diamonds are gorgeous. this is by far my favorite collection from tiffany's the bee pendant is my dream pendant!
the bee pendant is my dream pendant too, but thats over 3k, so thats why I was looking at the key, the victoria, and the garden flower, so Idk what to do!

Hello again,
Wise words dear friend.:smile:
I took at peek at your wish list and if I were you, I would buy a nice Burberry trench coat. It is such a classic and will serve you well in New England...it will never go out of style. Such a nice investment in your wardrobe.

^^I agree, Burberry is forever! I'm waiting on it for it to go on sale or to buy it during a friends and family. its been quite warm here the past couple of weeks. I've been managing with just a fleece or a small puffer jacket. If fortune smiles upon me, I shall have new handbag/or/jewelry and a new jacket this year!

This is tough! If I've learned anything, its save, save, save and get what you REALLY want. Buy less, but buy the best you can. Don't settle for "good enough" or things to just fill in gaps. It's hard, but think longterm.

The Victoria necklace is definitely my fave from Tiffanys (I have it, but with an extra 1/2carat diamond at the bottom) and it's totally gorgeous, timeless and fabulous!
I feel like you can wear this piece forever!

LV is great and I have a couple that I will always love. But, I'd get a simple Longchamp Les Pliages tote for Grad School and really save for that Chanel bag (you can even get a preowned one for much less!) A classic Chanel flap will work when you're 25 and 65 years old!

Also, I would think seriously about the VCA Alhambra pendant. Again, it's $$$$$ but it will only keep going up and if you can swing it now, it's worth a serious thought as it will always be chic and it's timeless.

You're young with a lot of buying ahead of you! Between now and the next 5 years, I'd focus on- Burberry trench, the Chanel Flap and one statement, fine jewelry necklace that you love, love, love!

I say wait it out and get your dream piece! I bought the cobblestone tiffany because it is 2500, but now i wished I had just saved a bit more and bought it instead!

I guess I'm concerned about how much it is going to be once I can afford it with the ensuing price hike. I don't even see the bee online any more :sad: It was over 3K when I check last year, I'm trying to find out how much it is now to see how much it will be later. It will also be roughly around the same price as the chanel flap. So what I'm wondering is if I should get one of the other diamond pendants, then the chanel flap, then the bee?

This is tough! If I've learned anything, its save, save, save and get what you REALLY want. Buy less, but buy the best you can. Don't settle for "good enough" or things to just fill in gaps. It's hard, but think longterm.

The Victoria necklace is definitely my fave from Tiffanys (I have it, but with an extra 1/2carat diamond at the bottom) and it's totally gorgeous, timeless and fabulous!
I feel like you can wear this piece forever!

LV is great and I have a couple that I will always love. But, I'd get a simple Longchamp Les Pliages tote for Grad School and really save for that Chanel bag (you can even get a preowned one for much less!) A classic Chanel flap will work when you're 25 and 65 years old!

Also, I would think seriously about the VCA Alhambra pendant. Again, it's $$$$$ but it will only keep going up and if you can swing it now, it's worth a serious thought as it will always be chic and it's timeless.

You're young with a lot of buying ahead of you! Between now and the next 5 years, I'd focus on- Burberry trench, the Chanel Flap and one statement, fine jewelry necklace that you love, love, love!

I think this is very sound advise. I think I'm going to follow it. I'm not sure if I am going to go for the VCA or the bee pendant just yet, but I think something like the victoria should do?, I'm waiting for the burberry to go on sale (saving up giftcards waiting for it so I can pounce! :P) and then start saving for the flap. While the bee is my dream pendant, I dream of many pendants! :lol: I would trade anything for the bee but idk if its responsible for me to go that big just yet if that makes sense?

I guess I'm concerned about how much it is going to be once I can afford it with the ensuing price hike. I don't even see the bee online any more :sad: It was over 3K when I check last year, I'm trying to find out how much it is now to see how much it will be later. It will also be roughly around the same price as the chanel flap. So what I'm wondering is if I should get one of the other diamond pendants, then the chanel flap, then the bee?
the cobblestone one is beautiful as well! I just dont want you to regret "settling" :smile:
I know, the bee isn't online right now and I think it's sold out. I'm hoping they bring it back in soon!