Pay *close* attention to Paypal shipping details!

jenayb

O.G.
Dec 27, 2009
I've seen an influx of situations recently where sellers are sending out items without signature confirmation, only to have a buyer claim to have not received their package. At this point, for most sellers it's common sense to select signature confirmation when shipping; however, I noticed something this morning that I wanted to share as a cautionary heads up...

See the screen shots below. There is absolutely zero option to select signature confirmation for my shipment. Had I not triple checked and saw that signature confirmation came up as "NO" on the confirmation page, I would have assumed that I was safe seeing as the option had disappeared. At first I thought this was due to my selecting Express mail, but per the confirmation page, this was not the case. I have no explanation as to why this is occuring, but I just want to say to all the sellers.. Be SAFE! Double & triple check... ALWAYS use signature confirmation!!! Such an odd glitch that Paypal won't let you select that option........... :thinking:

pp_sig1.jpg

pp_sig2.jpg

I always go to the Post Office, so don't print from PP directly, but it looks like under the shipping options, it's showing SC as available upon request. Since SC isn't an additional service on international parcels (like it is with domestic), this could be why it's not showing up on the invoice itself.

I always go to the Post Office, so don't print from PP directly, but it looks like under the shipping options, it's showing SC as available upon request. Since SC isn't an additional service on international parcels (like it is with domestic), this could be why it's not showing up on the invoice itself.

I understand what it's showing. What I am trying to convey is that there should be a Yes/No toggle under SC. It shouldn't just say "available upon request" and then not give the option to select it. This is not normal per Paypal, but if you always go to the PO then you would not be aware.

ETA: This isn't an international parcel. Look at the to/from... Everything is blocked out, but you can see both addresses say United States. Domestic.

If you are afraid, use USPS to print Express Mail.

I'm not afraid. :confused1:

Again, what I am pointing out is that it would be relatively simple for someone to inadvertantly skip over that portion, seeing as the typical Yes/No toggle is missing, and potentially get screwed if they have a buyer who claims INR.

Wish I'd taken a screen shot of my Ebay transaction the other day! I shipped mine thru Ebay (Express Mail) and it just said that signature confirmation was automatically included. Supposedly I could check a box to "waive" signature, which I did not. I checked the printed label and there was nothing on there that said signature was waived, which it has before when I've waived signature on request for a low-cost item.

I'm not afraid. :confused1:

Again, what I am pointing out is that it would be relatively simple for someone to inadvertantly skip over that portion, seeing as the typical Yes/No toggle is missing, and potentially get screwed if they have a buyer who claims INR.

some out there will get what you are trying to do:smile:... & others won't.:confused1:

thanks for the heads up and yes we should all be doing sc on packages

& insurance even if the package is under $250...

my motto is.. if you can't afford to lose the package ..insure...