What are everyone's feelings on the boy flap?

Oniomaniac

Dec 25, 2008
So I've been recently been more and more intrigued with the Chanel Boy Flap (like pictured on Rachel Bilson) and I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on it. Would you do it with the brass hardware? Silver? Is it considered a classic? How do you feel about the bag. You guys are the experts, so I just wanted to know a little about this bag before seriously considering it. Thanks everyone!

I like it and was crazy about it, but not much anymore. My first Boy love is the black with GHW. I don't like that SHW. Too boring and plain, JMHO.

Anyway, it doesn't look good on me and I have to stop my idea of getting one. :sad:

The photo from Paris-Bombay is breathtaking and those Boys are killing me again. :sad:

I like it and was crazy about it, but not much anymore. My first Boy love is the black with GHW. I don't like that SHW. Too boring and plain, JMHO.

Anyway, it doesn't look good on me and I have to stop my idea of getting one. :sad:

The photo from Paris-Bombay is breathtaking and those Boys are killing me again. :sad:

Oh no...which photos are you referring to?

I agree on the Paris Bombay collection. I have to get at least one Boy bag from that collection, preferably an exotic. They look amazing! All of the new fabrications and details totally revitalize the bag IMO. They are gorgeous!

OP, just do a search for "Bombay" and the threads with the pics will come up. It will be the pre-fall 2012 collection and it looks just stunning!

I agree on the Paris Bombay collection. I have to get at least one Boy bag from that collection, preferably an exotic. They look amazing! All of the new fabrications and details totally revitalize the bag IMO. They are gorgeous!

OP, just do a search for "Bombay" and the threads with the pics will come up. It will be the pre-fall 2012 collection and it looks just stunning!

Can the boy bag be worn with the chain doubled or is it only meant to be held the long way. I was wondering if that would make it awkward...

Can the boy bag be worn with the chain doubled or is it only meant to be held the long way. I was wondering if that would make it awkward...

It can be worn both ways (at least I have seen it worn both ways in photos), but I agree that it looks better single chain. Personally, I love how it looks cross-body.

To me, I'd deem it as a new classic. As long as the demand is there, it'd be a classic in future. I adore the Chanel Boy. It's a nice twist to the classic Chanels and I like its hardware. I love the Paris-Bombay new version.

So would you say they're going to change all the boys to the buckle in the Bombay collection and that will remain classic or do you think the current version is the classic? Thanks for all your input!!