do you use anything from LV as room decor?

yep i get LEs for that sole purpose.... they are pratical meaning you can use it, if you want to and when you arent using it, it can be great home art pieces... why buy pieces of art that cost around the same as a LE LV, something that is practical and pretty... i also use hardsided luggage eg two alzer 80s stacked on top of one another and then put a piece of glass on top and use it as a coffee table, again something practical or to fill up a bookcase i use several cosmetic cases to fill up that empty space when my jane austens are right next to it... nd with the alzers and cosmetic cases, i put stuff in them so they also double as storage space... so yeah LV is practical and good looking :biggrin: plus you are using all you stuff at once instead of folding them in the boxes and dust bags....

I plan to use my vintage Keepall as decor when I'm not traveling, and I keep out my two "daily" bags (Speedy & NF) in my room, so they do add to the overall look. I used to use a box or two until I rearranged, now the boxes are packed away in my closets.

I also use the cute little receipt folders with the luggage on the front to decorate my cork board, board at work, etc!

Hmm...no and probably won't ever. It may come across as being too flashy to some visitors...and I know I won't feel comfortable about that.

I would love if some of you could post pics :graucho:

I remember a few years ago a member on here found a vintage LV trunk at a garage sale, she paid $200 bucks for it and had it displayed in her living room, it was so beautiful!!!

I display some LV boxes in different sizes in my walk in closet and I have a few LV coffee table books out on the coffee table! :P I also took a few thank you cards and made a collage in a picture frame, but Ive yet to hang it up anywhere. My mom has a VERY vintage and well-loved (beat up :biggrin:) Speedy that she made a flower arrangement out of. She just went to the craft store and bought one of those green foam things and put it inside the Speedy and stuck a gorgeous arrangement of silk flowers and greenery in it. She never used the bag anymore after it got so worn, but couldnt bear to throw it out, so now its a pretty display in her foyer!

I'd LOVE to see pictures of the things you guys are talking about! I don't have any LV displayed in my home, but I'd love to see what others do! It may convince me to try the same ;) LOL!

yep i get LEs for that sole purpose.... they are pratical meaning you can use it, if you want to and when you arent using it, it can be great home art pieces... why buy pieces of art that cost around the same as a LE LV, something that is practical and pretty... i also use hardsided luggage eg two alzer 80s stacked on top of one another and then put a piece of glass on top and use it as a coffee table, again something practical or to fill up a bookcase i use several cosmetic cases to fill up that empty space when my jane austens are right next to it... nd with the alzers and cosmetic cases, i put stuff in them so they also double as storage space... so yeah LV is practical and good looking :biggrin: plus you are using all you stuff at once instead of folding them in the boxes and dust bags....

this sounds DIVINE. do you have pics?

Not really - I turned a room into my closet so the bags and shoes are somewhat on display. I like to go in there and play but I don't let anyone else in there except my dog.

I would like to frame a bag - a fab TPFer did that and it looked adorable. She just framed the writing in a chocolate mate and espresso frame. Delish!

Here is my accessory boxes on display. We are going to be remodeling the master bedroom, it is going to be base around my LV bags that I want to use as display. Kinda like I used my Le Cruest pots as centerpieces for my kitchen remodel.

Cannot find the pics... will have to try again later.