stuck with a stinky bag?

rubycat

O.G.
Jan 13, 2009
Just venting....
Bought a bag off of ebay, received it yesterday....and it reeks, like cigarettes and pickles. Some sort of white smeared food inside(hope it's food). Seller is of course saying that they don't smoke, maybe the postal worker did....it's ridiculous, hate the thought that I'm probably stuck with this mess. I would be embarrassed to sell a bag and call it guc, with odors, and food stains.

Just venting....
Bought a bag off of ebay, received it yesterday....and it reeks, like cigarettes and pickles. Some sort of white smeared food inside(hope it's food). Seller is of course saying that they don't smoke, maybe the postal worker did....it's ridiculous, hate the thought that I'm probably stuck with this mess. I would be embarrassed to sell a bag and call it guc, with odors, and food stains.

How about filing for a SNAD?

How about filing for a SNAD?

I did, just not feeling great about it after talking to paypal. Spent 10 minutes on hold, and was told by the representative that both sides would be considered, hard to convey odors in pictures. I did fax a picture of the white stain, so maybe I will have a chance.

I did, just not feeling great about it after talking to paypal. Spent 10 minutes on hold, and was told by the representative that both sides would be considered, hard to convey odors in pictures. I did fax a picture of the white stain, so maybe I will have a chance.

Stress that the stains are smelly. YUK!
What did the seller say? Tough luck?

Just venting....

There is no reason you should be "stuck with this mess"..

If your seller is not being cooperative, just file a SNAD...

Stress that the stains are smelly. YUK!
What did the seller say? Tough luck?

Yes, seller said no returns and that she pictured the inside of the bag. She just didn't get the side with the stain, in her picture, or mention it at all in her description. I live near paypal headquarters...if I lose, tempted to take the bag over and ask people to smell it until someone listens to me.

Thanks for listening to me vent!!

Yes, seller said no returns and that she pictured the inside of the bag. She just didn't get the side with the stain, in her picture, or mention it at all in her description. I live near paypal headquarters...if I lose, tempted to take the bag over and ask people to smell it until someone listens to me.

Thanks for listening to me vent!!

There is no reason for you to be stuck with the bag especially because seller did not disclose flaws.
Take a deep breath, follow the instructions and don't give up!
Worst comes to worst use your credit card as a back up.

Ugh. SO sorry about this. I've been through a number of transactions where the item was DEFINITELY in worse condition than advertised. I once had those odd white stains inside of a "new without tags" bag. Ugh ugh ugh.

I did get stuck on a cigarette smell purchase one time, because the seller put "comes from a smoking home" at the bottom of the listing, and my brain registered it as "comes from a non-smoking home" because that's what I'm used to seeing. I went ahead and gave the seller a positive and good stars (everything else was fine), but commented on the smoke smell- nicely- in the feedback in case another buyer made the same mistake!

Don't ever cite odour as your SNAD reason. Paypal & eBay will both throw your claim out, as odour cannot be cannot be readily proven via pictures or otherwise.

Does that bag have any physical defects that were not mentioned? And I'm talking anything. Being stuck with a smelly bag is horrific and disgusting, IMO. I'm really sorry that you were taken. Honestly, worst case scenario, prepare to file a chargeback with your CC if the smell is that horrendous. Otherwise, if all else fails, some dryer sheets and sunshine may help. :sunshine:

Don't ever cite odour as your SNAD reason. Paypal & eBay will both throw your claim out, as odour cannot be cannot be readily proven via pictures or otherwise.

Does that bag have any physical defects that were not mentioned? And I'm talking anything. Being stuck with a smelly bag is horrific and disgusting, IMO. I'm really sorry that you were taken. Honestly, worst case scenario, prepare to file a chargeback with your CC if the smell is that horrendous. Otherwise, if all else fails, some dryer sheets and sunshine may help. :sunshine:

What about the suspect bio-hazardous white stains?

I have had this happen to me before, its one of the risks with preowned bags. I did not get stuck with a stinky bag though because I contacted the seller. Most sellers say that they do not accept returns BUT if you message them and tell them that you are not happy with the item, especially if it is something that they left out of the listings description, they will let you return it. I would send something like this to the seller: "Hello, I received the bag and it is gorgeous but I am a little disappointed. There is a very strong smell to the bag and there is some unknown white stuff smeared inside the bag. These were not mentioned in the listing so I would like to return the item to you for a refund." If the seller still says that they will not give you a refund, then that is when you open a case on ebay for a SNAD item. When you are filing the claim, mention that you contacted the seller for a refund bc of the odor and stain, but they will not cooperate. Ebay sides with buyers 99.9% of the time anyways, so I don't think that it will be a problem for you. But always make sure to contact the seller first to see if you can work it out before you open a case because most sellers want to make sure that the buyer is happy.