Newbie question for Medium Marcie with Long Strap

Jul 27, 2010
Hi Ladies, i consider to buy a Marcie in medium size wiht long strap, however a bit confused about its size. Are both medium size, with and without the crossbody strap same size? Is it the better size compared to the Large? Can the handle be carried over shoulder? Is it a light weight or heavy weight bag? Btw, is Chloe leather durable and do i need to babysit it from being scratched? I really hope the leather will not be as delicate as Chanel lambskin :P

Sorry for so many questions. There is no Chloe outlet near me, so i can't try it out before i can make up my mind. I hope to hear all your experience about this model. TIA.

I have medium Marcie with and without strap. They are quite similar, the one with the strap is a little bit smaller. Both can be carried over shoulder. I don't find them heavy. I have waterproofed the two and I put a protective cream, except for the suede one. The leather is still beautiful after 10 month of use. The suede one is more fragile, I think.
DSC00733.JPG

Reactions: damita_lux
I have medium Marcie with and without strap. They are quite similar, the one with the strap is a little bit smaller. Both can be carried over shoulder. I don't find them heavy. I have waterproofed the two and I put a protective cream, except for the suede one. The leather is still beautiful after 10 month of use. The suede one is more fragile, I think.
View attachment 1560853

Thanks for posting your photo as well as your comment. No scratches yet for your lether Marcie? They are really gorgeous bag! Can the medium size stuff a lot? Do they have color transfer issue? I like the Tan color too, but is it considered light color bag?

I have two Marcie's with strap- check out my thread "my marcie ash" and you can see photos of both of my bags. I love the size the colors- everything about the marcie. I've been using my ash daily for the last month and the leather is VERY durable. I feel much more confident with my marcie then I do with my Bal bags.

I have two Marcie's with strap- check out my thread "my marcie ash" and you can see photos of both of my bags. I love the size the colors- everything about the marcie. I've been using my ash daily for the last month and the leather is VERY durable. I feel much more confident with my marcie then I do with my Bal bags.

Do you feel the bag is heavy? :smile:

Thanks for posting your photo as well as your comment. No scratches yet for your lether Marcie? They are really gorgeous bag! Can the medium size stuff a lot? Do they have color transfer issue? I like the Tan color too, but is it considered light color bag?

I can put a lot of things in the medium Marcie. No scratch or color transfer on the leather unlike the suede one: the back is rubbing against my dark coat and now it seems darker. I have the ebony color which is darker than the tan (the suede one is brown).

Hi Ladies, i consider to buy a Marcie in medium size wiht long strap, however a bit confused about its size. Are both medium size, with and without the crossbody strap same size? Is it the better size compared to the Large? Can the handle be carried over shoulder? Is it a light weight or heavy weight bag? Btw, is Chloe leather durable and do i need to babysit it from being scratched? I really hope the leather will not be as delicate as Chanel lambskin :P

Sorry for so many questions. There is no Chloe outlet near me, so i can't try it out before i can make up my mind. I hope to hear all your experience about this model. TIA.

I have the medium Marcie with the shoulder strap in both the black leather and brown suede and seem to now use these bags to the exclusion of all the others in my collection. I find the size very generous (I carry a whole load of stuff around with me every day) and never find the bag uncomfortably heavy.

I can just about fit the short handles over my shoulder although this gets a bit tricky if I'm wearing a bulky winter coat. When I first bought my bags the top handles were very stiff and not enormously comfortable worn on the shoulder, but they've definitely softened with wear. I generally use the shoulder strap option or sometimes use the short handles to carry my Marcies by hand.

The leather on the black version has softened up beautifully without the bag losing its shape and hasn't shown any signs of scratches or marks. So far the brown suede is still in great condition too after considerable use (although I'm a bit wary about using it if it looks like rain is on the horizon despite liberal sprayings with suede protector). I don't baby my bags at all so I'd give both bags full marks for durability.

I absolutely love this style in this size and am already planning to buy a third one in a different colour. For me, the medium Marcie with straps ticks all the boxes practically and aesthetically - I'd highly recommend it :ps: !!!

I am also a Newbie to Chloe and had a question- with the medium Marcie with the strap, does the strap work as crossbody? Is there a Marcie that is crossbody? (aside from the small pouchy one)

I am also a Newbie to Chloe and had a question- with the medium Marcie with the strap, does the strap work as crossbody? Is there a Marcie that is crossbody? (aside from the small pouchy one)

Yes, the strap on the medium Marcie is definitely long enough to be worn crossbody, although I don't find it all that comfortable in that position personally.

View attachment 1560853

Thanks for your post & picture...very helpful as I'm newbie to Chloe, too. I looked at Chloe bags today at local store. No Marcie hobos, so I've got no questions right now about hobos. There were 3 Marcies: 1 smaller black one which was pricier than the other 2 larger Marcie satchels (1 black, 1 caramel). I'm not sure if these are med Marcie satchels or large. Neither one had additional shoulder strap, just the double top handles. They are both so gorgeous, I'd love to have both but if I can just start with one, I'd go for the caramel. Having said that, I wonder if the Marcie comes in rosewood, old rose, taupe? I've seen pics of it in Nut and that is TDF, too! Oh yes, and then there's the rich deep red. Holy Moly!

I didn't find any measurements in the Chloe Reference thread :confused1:

Also saw large Ash Paraty and small black Paraty but I like Marcie...