Ebene speedy

I've had no problems with mine that I've had since June and carry two or three times a week.

It seems on here that either people had a problem right away (within a few weeks) or not at all, and that they had no trouble exchanging it if they did have a problem.

Some have said it's chemicals (hand sanitizer or lotion) that cause the peeling problem? I use both but always wait until my hands are dry before touching my bags.

I have not had any problems with peeling and/or cracking. The damier ebene seems to be much more durable than my mono speedy.
Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum. I am going on vacation to Florida next week and will be buying my first LV bag. I was considering getting the damier ebene but now I'm not sure with the peeling etc. Would you recommend monogram or damier ebene. I really can't decide. I'm really excited about getting something.

Hi, I'm a newbie on this forum. I am going on vacation to Florida next week and will be buying my first LV bag. I was considering getting the damier ebene but now I'm not sure with the peeling etc. Would you recommend monogram or damier ebene. I really can't decide. I'm really excited about getting something.

If you are going to get a speedy, I haven't heard of many cracking issues with the damier ebene. I have a speedy 30 damier ebene that I adore. It is my go to bag in the winter, rain, humidity etc. very low maintanence. I also have a mono speedy 25...although the mono canvas is my favorite, the vachetta requires a little more babying.

If you are going to get a neverfull, I would suggest mono because I have heard a lot of stories about peeling of the straps of this bag in damier ebene. I have a MM NF mono and I love it. Let us know what u choose!

^^^I agree. The only peeling/cracking issues I heard of was with the Ebene NF.

There was one person who had peeling on her ebene speedy but I think she mentioned that she used lots of hand lotions (a big no-no) and hand carried the bag alot.

I don't do either and my bag is almost a year old and it's perfect.

I've had my ebene speedy 35 for little over a year and so far no issues! My 30 is over two years old and no peeling either.....that one has wrinkly handles though. It was like that when I bought it at LV but I never returned it since it didn't get worse.

If you are going to get a speedy, I haven't heard of many cracking issues with the damier ebene. I have a speedy 30 damier ebene that I adore. It is my go to bag in the winter, rain, humidity etc. very low maintanence. I also have a mono speedy 25...although the mono canvas is my favorite, the vachetta requires a little more babying.

If you are going to get a neverfull, I would suggest mono because I have heard a lot of stories about peeling of the straps of this bag in damier ebene. I have a MM NF mono and I love it. Let us know what u choose!

Thanks so much for your advice and help.. I really appreciate it! I'm an avid Coach buyer but I've been lusting over Louis for so long now... I honestly can't believe I'm gonna spend this much on a bag but I've wanted one for sooo long. I'm always watch you tube videos of peoples bag collections. One more question.. do you know much about the Emilie wallet or Josephine wallet? or do you have one? That wallet has caught my eye.

Thanks so much for your advice and help.. I really appreciate it! I'm an avid Coach buyer but I've been lusting over Louis for so long now... I honestly can't believe I'm gonna spend this much on a bag but I've wanted one for sooo long. I'm always watch you tube videos of peoples bag collections. One more question.. do you know much about the Emilie wallet or Josephine wallet? or do you have one? That wallet has caught my eye.

You are very welcome! It is a big decision. I researched the wallets at length before deciding on an international wallet. I also really like the Sarah wallet. The Emilie wallet caught my eye because the option of the red interior is gorgeous! However, I tend to carry a lot of cards, receipts etc and I wasn't sure it would be enough room... Do you have a LV store near you? I had a very helpful SA that let me handle each one before deciding.

You are very welcome! It is a big decision. I researched the wallets at length before deciding on an international wallet. I also really like the Sarah wallet. The Emilie wallet caught my eye because the option of the red interior is gorgeous! However, I tend to carry a lot of cards, receipts etc and I wasn't sure it would be enough room... Do you have a LV store near you? I had a very helpful SA that let me handle each one before deciding.

Hi there,

No I don't.. I really wish that I did...:tdown: I live in a pretty small city. We don't even have a Mac cosmetics store or Coach for that matter. So, I'm going on a trip to the states and this will be the first time even in a Louis Vuitton store. I want to make sure I make the right choice because it's not like I can return it. Thanks again for your help and i'll let you know..

The handles on my speedy ebene peeled with minimal use in less than a year but LV fixed it without a problem at no charge. Just to note I'm very careful with my bags....didn't lotion my hands up and carry it etc...these things happen. It's a great bag. I have no regrets and if it happens again....ehhh...while I agree it shouldn't, ill just get it repaired. It's a great bag to add to your collection:smile: