Bag Liner for Oversized Alexa

speranza

Jun 26, 2009
Hi everyone! :smile:

I'm new to the forum and I am looking for advice about getting a bag liner for my OS Alexa.
I've searched the forum and read through some previous threads about bag liners but I'm still a bit confused.

Do those of use who use a bag liner in this bag find that they help keep the structure at all? Ideally I would like a bag liner that will help to keep a bit of structure to the bag as well as protecting the lining.

Any advice or recommendations would be very welcome!

Hi everyone! :smile:

I'm new to the forum and I am looking for advice about getting a bag liner for my OS Alexa.
I've searched the forum and read through some previous threads about bag liners but I'm still a bit confused.

Do those of use who use a bag liner in this bag find that they help keep the structure at all? Ideally I would like a bag liner that will help to keep a bit of structure to the bag as well as protecting the lining.

Any advice or recommendations would be very welcome!

I use a VIP business size liner but it isn't really big enough and the weight tends to sit in the middle of the base iykwim. I've found that I have to use a false stronger base inside to stop the sag.

Like Teddiescorner, I have the VIP business which is the largest size they make. They are quite small inside your bag and are not at all stiff, so don't make you bag retain their shape unless they are stuffed full. They do prevent any spills or stains from their contents getting onto your bag though. Several of the TPFers use a shoe box lid to help retain stiffness at the base.
:idea:

I'm fairly new and also did lots of research around what bag liner to get for my new OS Conker Alexa.

I finally decided on the VIP Business liner which arrived today.. It doesn't fill the alexa but is a fairly decent size and will be great for protection and organisation. I'll also have my iPad outside the liner anyway.

I am also going to to the 'shoebox lid' trick to stop sag.

I ordered it from spartoo, I got 40% off on the red one, not sure if it still in stock, but other colours had 25% off... Every little helps!

Thanks everyone! :smile:

I think I'll purchase one of the VIP business liners to protect the inside of the bag and I'll definitely use a shoebox lid as a base shaper!

^ Just find one that fits & stick it in to start with! If it works for you then you can go all posh and cover it with a silk scarf or something! ;)

I recently received my Chameleon bag inserts and the Large size fits perfectly into my Bayswater. My bag was so floppy and had no structure it just falls over when I set it down. But now with the insert it looks so much better! It helps the bag stand up. I chose the Large Structured and it comes with a hard base at the bottom as well as stiffer sides, perfect! :tup:

I haven't tried putting it inside my OS Alexa, but I the Bayswater and OS Alexa are approximately the same size so I think it would work for that too..

I recently received my Chameleon bag inserts and the Large size fits perfectly into my Bayswater. My bag was so floppy and had no structure it just falls over when I set it down. But now with the insert it looks so much better! It helps the bag stand up. I chose the Large Structured and it comes with a hard base at the bottom as well as stiffer sides, perfect! :tup:

I haven't tried putting it inside my OS Alexa, but I the Bayswater and OS Alexa are approximately the same size so I think it would work for that too..

These sound interesting. I'll be investigating. The trouble with cardboard bases is that eventually they bend and sag and need renewing. Maybe these are the answer. I really disliked the way my OS Alexas hung until I reinforced the base.

Hello speranza, another newbie here! (new to the forum that is, not new to Mulberry bags......)

I use Lori Greiner bag-to-bag organisers - they come in a set of two sizes and the smaller is just perfect for a SBS, so the larger size might be suitable for the your OS Alexa. These organisers are quite structured - they stand up by themselves when out of the bag - with a hard base and stiff (but not too deep sides)

Hope you find something that suits your lovely bag!

I'm also getting a big fed up of the sag so I'm looking for the perfect liner

teddiescorner and kingla - when you say that it's not big enough do you mean for the OS alexa or the regular? I'm thinking that if it's too big for the OS it might be the perfect size for the regular?

Plemont - do you think the Lori Greiner might be right for the alexa too? if it's perfect for the SBS it may well be...

Plemont - do you think the Lori Greiner might be right for the alexa too? if it's perfect for the SBS it may well be...

Hi Lizzie, the dimensions of the Lori Greiner organiser that I use in the SBS are 24.5cm x 11cm x 9cm. It spreads out a bit wider when stuffed full, and although 9cm doesn't seem very deep, it's supportive enough for taller objects to stand up nicely even if they stick out of the top a bit.

I don't have an alexa so can't be sure whether the size is right, sorry but I hope that helps.

I'm also getting a big fed up of the sag so I'm looking for the perfect liner

teddiescorner and kingla - when you say that it's not big enough do you mean for the OS alexa or the regular? I'm thinking that if it's too big for the OS it might be the perfect size for the regular?

The VIP business size is perfect in regular Alexa. It is too small really for the OS so it sits in the bottom and makes the base sag.