Rolex Newbie Help...which one? How much?

0PinkBlush0

Apr 16, 2011
Hello everyone! I am a die-hard Chanel lover for awhile now. Yesterday, as I was contemplating in getting another purse just in time for another price increase, I had an idea to just get a Rolex instead since Chanel's price increase has been rediculously over top with the classics increasing almost twice a year!!! Geez!! :sad:

I am 28yrs old and looking for a good everyday rolex watch. I do not have any rolex yet so I am excited to get one but I am feeling overwhelmed :sad: I'm afraid to go to a rolex store because I am totally clueless on what I want and if I can even afford one :sad:

Any recommendations for the style and price idea??

Thank You!!

I'd get a midsize or ladies stainless steel datejust. Its a great everyday style that is easily dressed up and down. Either bracelet or bezel would work I think. Traditional rolex look is the fluted bezel with jubilee bracelet. I really love their new oyster bracelet though and that's what I have.

Price for this type will be $5900-$6900ish I think. Haven't checked prices lately. But the price will increase as you get into the two tone styles and diamond details.

Best is to go into a store and try a few on to see what you like the most.

The people at Rolex have always been super helpful - I get better service there than from any of the fashion boutiques, except maybe Balenciaga. Just stop in and take a look around, try some on, see what looks and feels best for you. You can't go wrong with a classic solid piece. I find that I wear my submariner, actually a man's watch, way more often than my more feminine pieces, but I wouldn't have even considered buying it if I hadn't gone in and played around.

I'd get a midsize or ladies stainless steel datejust. Its a great everyday style that is easily dressed up and down. Either bracelet or bezel would work I think. Traditional rolex look is the fluted bezel with jubilee bracelet. I really love their new oyster bracelet though and that's what I have.

Price for this type will be $5900-$6900ish I think. Haven't checked prices lately. But the price will increase as you get into the two tone styles and diamond details.

Best is to go into a store and try a few on to see what you like the most.
Thank You so much! So two-tones are expensive than stainless steel? Thanks for the info. I am thinking of spending around 5k and I fell in love with a datejust online but not sure if it's within my budget :smile:

The people at Rolex have always been super helpful - I get better service there than from any of the fashion boutiques, except maybe Balenciaga. Just stop in and take a look around, try some on, see what looks and feels best for you. You can't go wrong with a classic solid piece. I find that I wear my submariner, actually a man's watch, way more often than my more feminine pieces, but I wouldn't have even considered buying it if I hadn't gone in and played around.

Really?? I think I'm going to do that then :smile: I'm glad to know they welcome first-timers like me :smile: I was so afraid to look like a dummie at the store :smile: lol! I guess I got traumatized when I got my birkin :sad: whee-hew! It was not a very pleasant experience :sad: I must say I'm glad to have one because I'm never doing it again! :sad:

Thank You so much! So two-tones are expensive than stainless steel? Thanks for the info. I am thinking of spending around 5k and I fell in love with a datejust online but not sure if it's within my budget :smile:

Really?? I think I'm going to do that then :smile: I'm glad to know they welcome first-timers like me :smile: I was so afraid to look like a dummie at the store :smile: lol! I guess I got traumatized when I got my birkin :sad: whee-hew! It was not a very pleasant experience :sad: I must say I'm glad to have one because I'm never doing it again! :sad:

Yup! Stainless will be cheaper than a two tone. I find that the retail price of items on jomashop are pretty accurately reflected and just browsing on the site should give you a good idea of how much the piece you want is. But this is a purchase I'd definitely make in person! I treated myself to my first rolex last year and really love it! A nice watch is a great piece to have. Happy shopping!!!

Yup! Stainless will be cheaper than a two tone. I find that the retail price of items on jomashop are pretty accurately reflected and just browsing on the site should give you a good idea of how much the piece you want is. But this is a purchase I'd definitely make in person! I treated myself to my first rolex last year and really love it! A nice watch is a great piece to have. Happy shopping!!!

Whoops, your advice throughout this thread is spot on.:goodpost:

OP: It's so much fun to try them on. Good luck!

Oh I totally understand - there have been times when I have gone into boutiques and immediately felt like I wanted to run out crying. They can be brutal! That's never been my experience with Rolex, though. Good luck, you will have to share with us how it goes!

0PinkBlush0 said:

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. H is the only brand where they don't have top notch service like other luxury brands. It's really disheartening

But I agree with whoops. Look and try on everything in person! The SAs are very very nice at the rolex store. There are also other ads that I've been to, like le tourneau, Ben bridge and others where service is just as exceptional!

whoops said:

Ita with this post!!

kett said:
Oh I totally understand - there have been times when I have gone into boutiques and immediately felt like I wanted to run out crying. They can be brutal! That's never been my experience with Rolex, though. Good luck, you will have to share with us how it goes!

Yup, been there!!! I didn't want to cry but I felt pretty humiliated! The power trip these sas go on!