How do you look after your bag on a daily basis?

Betsy2712

Mulberry Addict
O.G.
Nov 28, 2010
Hi all

Well my new love is my oversized Taylor... Its my first day bag from mulberry so am wondering what to do to keep her in as good condition as possible? I used her today.

Do I take my items out and stuff her with paper (is that too much?? Lol) or lie her flat to reduce creasing the leather too much.

Just wondering what you lovely ladies do with your bags? Especially Taylor owners

Thanks

I store all mine with the paper filling that they normally come with inside and in their dust bags and treat them perodically with the protection that Mulberry recommends. I also put a shoebox lid in the bottom of my bags like the bayswaters and alexa's that have a solid bottom as I don't like them to sag to much whilst in use.

A bit OCD...Initial Collonil spraying, regular respray. After use, wipe with a lint free duster, turn out, stuff, replace in dust bag, store away from heat and light..:nuts:

I have sprayed or gelled my bags with Collonil, as Per Mulberry's instructions, and if I use the bqg the next day, I leave all my stuff (key's, MUbag, iPod, umbrella etc in the bag and leave it on a soft surface like sofa. If I don't use her, I emlty the bag, fill up with papers to keep her in shape and it the dustbag she goes. I have to be careful at work to put her on my desk on window sill and not the floor. If I travel to work by tube, I keep her always on my lap, not the disgusting seats and I avoid to take the lighter and more delicate bags.

Btw, question. I was told today by the SA to use a real sheepskin cloth to buff away scratches, and indeed it worked wonders in front of my eyes. Any idea's where i can buy this or should i use my bedroom sheepskin lol

Hi all

Well my new love is my oversized Taylor... Its my first day bag from mulberry so am wondering what to do to keep her in as good condition as possible? I used her today.

Do I take my items out and stuff her with paper (is that too much?? Lol) or lie her flat to reduce creasing the leather too much.

Just wondering what you lovely ladies do with your bags? Especially Taylor owners

Thanks

I would also recommend a bag liner, it keeps the inside of your bag so clean, adds shape and you can change bags in seconds!:cool:

I store all mine with the paper filling that they normally come with inside and in their dust bags and treat them perodically with the protection that Mulberry recommends. I also put a shoebox lid in the bottom of my bags like the bayswaters and alexa's that have a solid bottom as I don't like them to sag to much whilst in use.

Wow, love the shoebox lid idea, I will do that from now on. Great tip, thanks :biggrin:

I keep all my bags stuffed with paper or air pillows when i'm not using them. I store them in their dust bag and on shelves in my wardrobe.

I also spray every bag before I use them.

stuff all my handbags with tissues (to keep the shape) and spray my Mulberry with Colloni along with the waterstop cream to moisturize them once in a while. They all go into their sleeper bags and stored in the closet.

Ditto re stuffing when not in use and storing in their dust bags, spraying periodically and using a bag organiser/liner. Also carry a large waterproof carrier rolled up inside at all times to pop your bag into if caught in the rain.

Ditto re stuffing when not in use and storing in their dust bags, spraying periodically and using a bag organiser/liner. Also carry a large waterproof carrier rolled up inside at all times to pop your bag into if caught in the rain.

One day I was taking my oak roxy to Bicester for repair and it started hammering down with rain so paranoid was I to keep the roxy rain spot free I took off my coat wrapped round the bag and got soaked!
I usually put a carrier inside too but I took it out as it was being sent away then got caught out. :lol:

One day I was taking my oak roxy to Bicester for repair and it started hammering down with rain so paranoid was I to keep the roxy rain spot free I took off my coat wrapped round the bag and got soaked!
I usually put a carrier inside too but I took it out as it was being sent away then got caught out. :lol:

Great story, I'd do the same :yes:

I am lazy I don't do anything to it but once in a while I spray them with water proof spray, stuff them up n store them in their dust bag n keep them in my closet. But I store all my Hermes in thier original dust bag inside thier orange boxes.