a *speedy* dilemma! help me pick!

elmel

O.G.
Nov 18, 2006
I've been awfully quiet in here lately but I could use all of your fabulous wisdom! I would like to get a new speedy 30 and I'm torn between ebene dammer and monogram...
the problem: i have a mono 25 which was my very first LV i got years ago, but I find that I never really carry it because I prefer the size of the 30... is it silly to have both a 25 and a 30 in mono? but I also love damier... I don't know what to do! (for reference, I also own an azure speedy 30, and a neverful in dammer ebene)
TIA!

I'd get a 30 in mono and perhaps sell the 25 to fund it (since you rarely use it, but I know it can be difficult to part with your first item) since you already have an azur and ebene piece :smile:

Why not a mono 30 bandoulière?

I would say go with the Damier. The vachetta doesnt age all that gracefully.

The main issue here is that the bag is handheld so unlike the other vachetta bags, it succumbs to much less even patina due to presence of the natural oils /dead skin cells of the hand, in addition to any lotions/perfumes or simply from dirt and grime which is spread through the outdoor environment. These impurities accumulate over time in infinitesimal amounts but tend to accumulate quite readily to our great misfortune.

I'd get a 30 in mono and perhaps sell the 25 to fund it (since you rarely use it, but I know it can be difficult to part with your first item) since you already have an azur and ebene piece :smile:

thanks for everyone's replies! i thought about selling the 25 but i think you're right, i'd be too sad to sell the first one!

I'd sell the 25 and replace it with the mono speedy 30 :smile: i prefer mono to damier anyway.

I would sell the 25 and replace it with a 30. I know you said you don't want to sell, but holding onto a bag is like having $300 in your closet and not using it!!! :biggrin: