Unhappy buyer versus photos in listing

Just had a similar experience. Listed a pre-owned Chanel ivory boucle/tweed bag. It has ivory leather piping trim (very thin) and intertwined leather/metal chain at the closure. That is the only leather on the bag. Buyer made an offer and I accepted. Then she made another offer (very low) on a Prada bag I listed, before even paying for the Chanel. I declined the offer on the Prada as it was way too low. She waited 3 days to pay for the Chanel which started to make me nervous. Nevertheless, she paid, I sent bag and then she emails me today saying that the leather on the bag had been "re-dyed" and that she would like to exchange it for the Prada. First off, the bag has not been serviced in any way and certainly has NOT had the leather trim re-dyed. I'm not even sure something like that is possible, but I know it has not been done on this bag. Second, the Prada is 2011 issue, pristine and is priced higher than I even listed the Chanel, and definitely higher than the great price I sold the Chanel to her for, so there is no way I would do an exchange. I asked her to send me pics of whatever concerns her about the leather and I'm still waiting to hear back. I have been cordial and want to resolve this since I have 100% positive FB, but I know this is buyer's remorse and that she simply decided she wanted the Prada instead of the Chanel. Buyer's like this really make me mad, wasting my time. I would have preferred she back out of the offer when she spotted the Prada, rather than go through all this. And of course, ebay and PP make it impossible to do anything but be pushed around by the buyer..... (attached is a pic from the listing showing minor wear on the bottom corner leather trim and the pre-owned condition of the bag was clearly stated)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!ncE63T0-dzvBO+gcDSw0!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!ncE63T0-dzvBO+gcDSw0!~~60_3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 273
If your buyer has found fault with this Chanel bag perhaps she will do the same
with the Prada... buyer's remorse for one and then some other excuse for
the other...she could be testing the waters to see what you might do...

Sometimes it it better to cut your losses while you are ahead of the game...

Let's see how she responds back.. you will have a better idea of what your
options might be..

Agreed! No way will I sell her the Prada, at any price. I don't trust her and at this point just want my Chanel back, undamaged by her, so I can re-list and move on (and block her from future purchases, of course!) Very annoyed that she emailed me last night after I had gone to bed (I'm on east coast, she is on west coast so it was 1:30am my time) so when I opened the email first thing this morning I immediately replied. Now I still haven't heard from her. I know if I was the buyer and had a REAL issue with a purchase I would want to resolve it quickly and would be waiting for the seller to respond so we could communicate. I know this buyer has the same things going on that we all do (jobs, kids etc) but the longer she takes to respond the more nervous I get about what she may be doing to my bag to justify her return...............

Agreed! No way will I sell her the Prada, at any price. I don't trust her and at this point just want my Chanel back, undamaged by her, so I can re-list and move on (and block her from future purchases, of course!) Very annoyed that she emailed me last night after I had gone to bed (I'm on east coast, she is on west coast so it was 1:30am my time) so when I opened the email first thing this morning I immediately replied. Now I still haven't heard from her. I know if I was the buyer and had a REAL issue with a purchase I would want to resolve it quickly and would be waiting for the seller to respond so we could communicate. I know this buyer has the same things going on that we all do (jobs, kids etc) but the longer she takes to respond the more nervous I get about what she may be doing to my bag to justify her return...............

Out of curiousity, what kind of feedback does this buyer have??

She also may be away from her computer, not that that is an excuse,
because as you say one would want to resolve it rather quickly..

See if she responds by Monday or sooner.. it would be too late for her to
return it now without you giving her the go ahead... so maybe she needs the
weekend to re-think what sheis going to do...

just heard from her and this is what she sent:

"hi, thanks for your quick response, i will give you the photo later tonight after i got home, i knew i got turn down for the 400 offer for the prada, but could you give me your best offer if i could exchange the chanel for the prada tote? and pls don't worry, i won't do anything to the chanel bag since i was concering to return it back to you. thanks again and have a nice weekend!!"
I would say this is buyers remorse and she just prefers the Prada. I responded and told her that I already had a buyer for the Prada (which is true) and that I was sorry I can't back out on that. I'll see what she responds. Her feedback is 100% because she is not a seller, but in what she leaves for others there are a few negs, hard to tell if they were legit. I thought so when I accepted her offer.

just get your bag back from her.. to me she is a big excedrin headache..

why on earth did she feel compelled to tell you that she won't be doing anything
to the Chanel bag... good grief...

and would let her know nicely that upon "inspection" of the bag, you will refund

and also tell her that you expect it to be insured w/signature confirmation...

no shortcuts on the return of the Chanel bag..

after you refund her.... just block her... buyers like this no one wants or needs!!

Last edited:
just get your bag back from her.. to me she is a big excedrin headache..

why on earth did she feel compelled to tell you that she won't be doing anything
to the Chanel bag... good grief... I had asked her not to try to 'clean or rub' whatever area she had concern with, just to be sure a problem wasn't created to justify the return

and would let her know nicely that upon "inspection" of the bag, you will refund already told her this so hope it is exactly as I sent it

and also tell her that you expect it to be insured w/signature confirmation...absolutely!!!

no shortcuts on the return of the Chanel bag..

after you refund her.... just block her... buyers like this no one wants or needs!!
true true true!!!

And don't even discuss the Prada. If she brings it up, tell her you don't have a b.o. option on it. Actually, I'd BBL her now. The 2 of you can still communicate but in case she tries to bid or BIN, you'll have her blocked.

I ended the Prada auction so now there is nothing to discuss as far as an exchange. Still haven't received pics or heard when/if she will be sending back the Chanel. The real kicker is that I sold it to her for a great price and had lots of interest in it, so I don't think selling it on a relist will be too hard. She was lucky to get it and it's unfortunate for her that she is passing on a good deal, as well as never being able to buy from me in the future.

$400 for a 'new' Prada? :faint:

Can I get in on this? :coolio:

I know, I wish we could all find those kind of 'deals'! I let the Chanel go for $500 and that alone was a steal but it had a teeny tiny chip (which I fully disclosed) on one of the CC balls attached to the handle, as well as the bag was from 2005 and had some fading on the interior (also fully disclosed) that is typical in many Chanel bags with white fabric lining and a few thread pulls. Other than that the bag was clean, inside and out and in really nice condition. I normally only list bags that are near perfect/pristine because I'm so careful with my bags. The Prada is 2011, gorgeous beige Sughero color, and absolutely pristine. It was listed with everything, Prada box, dustbag, Neimans receipt etc and would arrive the exact same way I received from NM. I listed the BIN at $1000, which was almost $300 less than the retail price after tax. So I think it was obvious why I wasn't going to take less for the Prada than I did the Chanel. Maybe after I declined her offer of $400 for the Prada, she figured if she paid for the Chanel, found a "problem" with it, I would either feel obliged to let her get the Prada in an exchange or I might be intimidated into a "deal"??? Well neither is going to happen!

OFTLOG why did i have to go look?

I now have 2 prada bags on my watch list and I am supposed to be saving/selling NOT shopping :lecture:

The story of my life!! I was going to sell the Prada and Chanel to help fund a new Balenciaga (either First or Town ) in dark night. Glad I didn't buy just yet, since I will be sending her $$ back and then waiting for the bag to sell a second tme. My New Years resolution is "sell first, then buy" ! Too often I do it the other way around, buy a new bag and then list something to help fund the purchase. The problem when I do that is I tend to be in a hurry and take the first offers that come in and usually end up selling low. Good for my buyers, but not great for me.

Oh, yeah

She must be smoking some of the good ish!

Must be mind blowing good!!!

In her first email advising me there was a problem, she made a point to tell me that she is a "sincere buyer that only deals in high end brand name items" so I guess I must be the one that doesn't know the value of my bags?????????