Boxes, keep or toss?!

Gisforme

O.G.
Jun 14, 2009
So my shoes have been through some moves and the boxes are starting to show the damage. I have all the original CL boxes except for one pre-loved pair, but now I'm debating tossing the boxes all together.

Do you feel the box is just as important as the shoes themselves? and if not why? I generally keep all the boxes my designer shoes come in but these boxes are pretty plain, not as fancy as Lanvin or Louis Vuitton for example. I would imagine one good reason to keep the box is for resale purposes but I have no intentions on parting from my girls.

I've seen the post where people store in the ikea cabinets and what not, but do you rid of the boxes??

i keep them for two reasons: because i feel it retains the value more should i ever need to sell them and to keep the dust off my shoes between wearing!

I feel boxes are essential. It is silly but I feel like my shoes are missing something if I do not have the box. It sometimes makes the difference on whether or not I will bid on or am willing to pay a certain price for a pair.
If you don't plan on parting with your shoes and don't care to store the boxes try donating some to the ladies here looking for boxes on this thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...-extra-shoe-box-dust-bag-exchange-460499.html or sell them on ebay/bonanza. I'm guilty of buying a box for a preowned pair that didn't have one. :blush:

i keep my boxes for organization but cl boxes are not cute. wish they were. like you said other designers are. and idk about resale value. if i reallllly want a shoe and someone is selling it--i will disregard the lack of a box.

I would love some extra boxes if your wanting to part with them lol I keep my boxes for everything though. I would get all the cute clear boxes and put my shoes in there but I'm a poor medical school student and just keep them in their original boxes to keep them safe and protected

See, I keep the boxes too but plan on creating a display for my collection eventually... but then... where the heck do I put the boxes? Where do you store yours?!

in the cabinets in my office :roflmfao:

it's a step up from the kitchen cabinets where it used to be a few years ago :lolots::lolots::lolots: