Removing monogram from a Goyard?

doublenn

Apr 5, 2009
Hey guys,

My mom surprised me by buying a Goyard at a LastCall store near her house! She told by email, and that later she'd email me a picture. I was so excited about it!
However, when I see the photo, I see that there's someone else's initials already on it! The initials are A.L, which are pretty far removed from mine (MF), and in blue (black background). I guess it made it to the LastCall since no one else was willing to buy a pre-monogrammed bag.

The bag is beautiful, and it broke my heart to tell my mom (she was so excited because she thought it meant it was some sort of special edition - the SA didn't even know about the brand).

Long story short - is there any way to get them removed? Or perhaps something painted on top? I'll probably wear it regardless, but it'd be nice if it wasn't personalized for someone else.

Any ideas??

PS: From the picture (haven't seen it in person yet), it looks like a PM St Louis, but mom says it has a zipper and it has studs on the bottom for sitting on the floor.

Longchamp: Sorry about the poor description I gave of the bag. It's really only like a St. Louis in the sense that it is wide and has straps that would go over the shoulder. Looking over the reference library, it is more like an Okinawa or Marie Gallante GM (maybe?). It has the buckles where it connects to the purse itself and everything.

I've only got one picture, rather poor quality, from a cell phone, that has my mom in it, and I'm afraid I can't post it.

Again, sorry if I made it sound like a terrible, terrible fake, I certainly didn't intend to!

I dropped off my bag for monogramming last week and asked about the removal fee (I was being really indecisive about what colors, etc. I wanted) and I believe that the SA said it is $250 to remove monogramming.

Stripes and lettering are $155 and a limit up to either 6 letters and or 3 stripes.
In the past we've been told it's up to 6 stripes. I'd always inquire right before you have anything done. (as it can and does change) hth :smile:

Stripes and lettering are $155 and a limit up to either 6 letters and or 3 stripes.
In the past we've been told it's up to 6 stripes. I'd always inquire right before you have anything done. (as it can and does change) hth :smile:

The price is also dependent on the type of paint you use.

It is extra for the metallic paint; and if things have not changed in the past 6 mos there are only 3 colors in the metallic.

As I age I never question about price with my favorite brands. Whatever it is you will have to pay it anyways to Goyard as whilst we can all find a third party supplier that can paint and remove at a far more competitive rate, it isn't part of the "experience" to do so.

As I age I never question about price with my favorite brands. Whatever it is you will have to pay it anyways to Goyard as whilst we can all find a third party supplier that can paint and remove at a far more competitive rate, it isn't part of the "experience" to do so.

lol experience of waiting.....*yawns* lol

Longchamp said:
The price is also dependent on the type of paint you use.

It is extra for the metallic paint; and if things have not changed in the past 6 mos there are only 3 colors in the metallic.

Sorry, this is old- but does anyone know what the 3 metallic colors available are? TIA!

Hey guys,

My mom surprised me by buying a Goyard at a LastCall store near her house! She told by email, and that later she'd email me a picture. I was so excited about it!
However, when I see the photo, I see that there's someone else's initials already on it! The initials are A.L, which are pretty far removed from mine (MF), and in blue (black background). I guess it made it to the LastCall since no one else was willing to buy a pre-monogrammed bag.

The bag is beautiful, and it broke my heart to tell my mom (she was so excited because she thought it meant it was some sort of special edition - the SA didn't even know about the brand).

Long story short - is there any way to get them removed? Or perhaps something painted on top? I'll probably wear it regardless, but it'd be nice if it wasn't personalized for someone else.

Any ideas??

PS: From the picture (haven't seen it in person yet), it looks like a PM St Louis, but mom says it has a zipper and it has studs on the bottom for sitting on the floor.
Hi, you could take the bag to goyard and repaint something on top to cover it. It will be just the same price you paid for the painting, no extra covering fee.
I couldn't see your pic so I could not tell is there any painting can cover it up. If that is something could not cover by their offer painting, then U have to pay a bit more to make a special one, which cost a bit more.
Anyway, show me the pic and I can tell you immediately
Kelvin