How much is the polish? - comparison

its_a_keeper

*loves Dior NP*
Jul 26, 2011
Hey Polish Lovers across the world!

I am a really curios person when it comes to polishes and stuff *lol*

And I always wonder, how much a polish is elsewhere. Cauz when I send something to someone I mostly don't know if they can get the polishes at their places for a cheaper price...

So maybe we can do some comparisons in here???

I'll start:

Prices for polishes in Germany

Dior: 22,00 EUR - app. 29 USD
Chanel: 23,00 EUR - app. 30 USD
OPI: 16,00 EUR - app. 21 USD
DL: 20,00 EUR - app. 26 USD
Essie: 8,00 EUR - app. 10 USD
Butter London: 17,00 EUR - app. 22 USD
Koh: 20,00 EUR - app. 26 USD

To our international TPFers: Please make friends with US TPFers! The prices of OPI in Europe are just OFFENSIVE. I was visiting a friend in Paris this summer, and the OPI France collection was actually priced even higher than the other OPIs! I made her promise to never buy OPI again, and just let me ship her whatever she needs.

Hey i'm in favor problem is i don't know anyone in the states willing to do that for me sigh.

Many of these polishes simply arent available where i am which is Israel.

Dior is 116 Shekles = app. $30
Chanel is 160 Shekles = app. $41
DL is 98 Shekles = app. $25 and the price varies the glitters are more expensive and only one supplier.

There is no Essie, Butter London, OPI, ChG ect.
There only Orly, Revlon some Sally Henson and a few others that aren't that interesting and they don't usually have every new collection. They only just now got in the Orly's Birds of a Feather collection, they never got the Revlon summer jellies or the scented fizz flakies...sigh and i looked for SH Hidden Treasure but i must have been fooling myself thinking they might have had it. So basicly it's cheaper for me to buy the high end polish online so long as shipping is reasonable but often it isn't. And trying to get the low end but good polishes like Essence, Wet 'n' Wild and fingerpaints is impossible unless i want to pay 4-6 times the price that i know the evilbayers payed for the polish, the new Fingerpaints for example they want 10-13 bucks per bottle, its nuts. Sorry for the rant it's just very annoying i don't mind them making a profit but there is a degree of fairness you would think, and i'm not saying all eBayers are like this, i've had good deals with many but some are not so fair.

Approximate Prices in Canadian which is close to at par with the US dollar:

Dior: $24
OPI: $9 - $12
Essie: $8
Chanel: $26
YSL: $32
Gosh: $8
Nars: $21
Butter London: $17
Deborah Lippmann: $18 - $22
China Glaze: $7 - $9

Hey Polish Lovers across the world!

I am a really curios person when it comes to polishes and stuff *lol*

And I always wonder, how much a polish is elsewhere. Cauz when I send something to someone I mostly don't know if they can get the polishes at their places for a cheaper price...

So maybe we can do some comparisons in here???

I'll start:

Prices for polishes in Germany

Dior: 22,00 EUR - app. 29 USD
Chanel: 23,00 EUR - app. 30 USD
OPI: 16,00 EUR - app. 21 USD
DL: 20,00 EUR - app. 26 USD
Essie: 8,00 EUR - app. 10 USD
Butter London: 17,00 EUR - app. 22 USD
Koh: 20,00 EUR - app. 26 USD

There are some differences here in Belgium.

Chanel, Dior and DL are the same.
Essie = € 12,99 (Dutch online store)
Koh = € 14,95 (Koh online store)
Opi = € 13,95
BL = € 12,95 (Dutch online store)

I can purchase OPI and Essie for 4.50 at salon warehouses.. USD Florida.
Whoa those are some high prices! I pay 4.25USD for OPI's and 3.25USD for Essies at a local nail supply store. Retail prices are about $8 USD
Same here!! But a lot of my friends are jealous of those prices because they don't know about the nail supply stores :P But I help them out!
To our international TPFers: Please make friends with US TPFers! The prices of OPI in Europe are just OFFENSIVE.

You lucky girls! I knew OPI is cheaper at your places then here, but woha, that are really big differences!
Jep, I hope to make friends here, but not only because of polishes ;)

Many of these polishes simply arent available where i am which is Israel.

Dior is 116 Shekles = app. $30
Chanel is 160 Shekles = app. $41
DL is 98 Shekles = app. $25 and the price varies the glitters are more expensive and only one supplier.

Interesting, I didn't knew that!

Netherlands

Approximate Prices in Canadian which is close to at par with the US dollar

Phédre;20702516 said:
There are some differences here in Belgium.

Thanks for the input! Interesting about the different ranges everywhere.

Great thread! Yes, nail polishes and other make up items are way more expensive in Europe. Unfortunately.

So true! And I always ask myself why is it that way? Cauz so many companys are based in Europe...

I no know nail supply so I pay( in US)

Essie, OPI ~ $ 8.00
CG ~ $7
BL ~ $14
Chanel ~ $25
Dior ~ $ 22
DL- plain colors ~ 16 Glitters $18-20
YSL - $20
Lancome ~ $15
NARS ~ 17

US is a lot cheaper for a lot of things I think because of lower import duties, taxes and higher volume of business! I never realized how cheap till I went back to Canada and tried to buy the drugstore polishes there that I can't find in my town. I paid like $8.99 Canadian for Carbonite which would have been $5 at most in US! I also paid $25 for Bourjois minis which I'm sure are much cheaper in europe. I think GOSH is cheaper there too, It is boot here in the us and in Canada is its roughly $ 8.00!

I have to pay retail where I live, but in California I found China glaze for $3.00, Orly for $5.00, OPI for $3.50, & Nubar for $2.50 at a nail supply store. Wish I could buy them for that price where I live now :sad:

shikki said:
US is a lot cheaper for a lot of things I think because of lower import duties, taxes and higher volume of business! I never realized how cheap till I went back to Canada and tried to buy the drugstore polishes there that I can't find in my town. I paid like $8.99 Canadian for Carbonite which would have been $5 at most in US! I also paid $25 for Bourjois minis which I'm sure are much cheaper in europe. I think GOSH is cheaper there too, It is boot here in the us and in Canada is its roughly $ 8.00!

Almost everything in Canada is a lot more expensive: food, gas, utilities, cars ($16K car in the US would be marked up to $30K), cosmetics, auto parts and tires, internet usage, electronics (one year my BIL went to the US to buy a tv which cost him $1500 but was near $4000 here and even with customs he saved a ton of money), etc. And we're not talking about taxes! Though one of the few things that are cheaper here than the US are prescription medication - we get a lot of Americans coming here to get their scripts filled.

Revlon and Loreal nail polishes here are like $8.