Damier ebene straps

Jan 26, 2010
Heyy! I have questions regarding the damier ebene neverfull straps. I noticed today that mine started cracking. It makes me soo mad and i don't want to use it when its like that. I've only had it for about 10 months and i didn't even use it as much as my delightful. I'm very careful with it too.

Anyways, has anyone gotten the straps replaced? Did you have to pay? If so, how much was it? How long did it take for it to be repaired? Did the straps/and bag look exactly the same after the straps were repaired? Has this problem happened after repairing it?

Sorry i have so many questions to ask..

If i have to pay to repair the straps, I want to make sure it won't happen again..did anyone have problems with the strap after getting it repaired?

Thanks soo much!! I really love/possibly loved this bag so much and this makes me so angry! Argg.

My ebene NF GM has cracked and peeling straps too. I have had it for about a year and a half, maybe two years. When I first noticed it, I had owned it for three months. I was super pi**ed! I called 1-866, and was told to send it in for a return, so I did. After a few days I called back to see what was being done about it. The person on the other end of the line told me that my return had been rejected, and that the same bag was being sent back to me because there was supposedly "nothing wrong with the straps", or so they said. I was SOOO angry! I love this bag, and at that point it was practically new. So I called back a few days later, and was promised that there would be no strap failure/breakage. So I guess they just consider this to be normal wear and tear. It's super annoying, and it makes me very angry. But so far I haven't gotten around to persuing it further, and to tell you the truth, I don't even have the energy right now. I still use and love the bag, I've been carrying it this week in fact. I'll probably have the straps replaced eventually. I have no idea what it would cost to do this. I know that other ebene NF owners have had this problem. I'm really sorry it happened to you. I wish I'd known about the problem before I bought mine. But it probably isn't noticeable to anyone else the way it is to me.

My ebene NF GM has cracked and peeling straps too. I have had it for about a year and a half, maybe two years. When I first noticed it, I had owned it for three months. I was super pi**ed! I called 1-866, and was told to send it in for a return, so I did. After a few days I called back to see what was being done about it. The person on the other end of the line told me that my return had been rejected, and that the same bag was being sent back to me because there was supposedly "nothing wrong with the straps", or so they said. I was SOOO angry! I love this bag, and at that point it was practically new. So I called back a few days later, and was promised that there would be no strap failure/breakage. So I guess they just consider this to be normal wear and tear. It's super annoying, and it makes me very angry. But so far I haven't gotten around to persuing it further, and to tell you the truth, I don't even have the energy right now. I still use and love the bag, I've been carrying it this week in fact. I'll probably have the straps replaced eventually. I have no idea what it would cost to do this. I know that other ebene NF owners have had this problem. I'm really sorry it happened to you. I wish I'd known about the problem before I bought mine. But it probably isn't noticeable to anyone else the way it is to me.

thanks for your response! this makes me upset using it..i want to get it fix but i'm scared it'll happen again. its not that bad yet but i know it'll just get worst. i knew about strap problems prior to buying mine but i bought it anyway hoping that i'll be one of the lucky ones. i guess not :sad: I'm going to the lv store tomorrow to buy a wallet and i guess i'll inquire more about my strap issue. i really hope they can fix it/repair it free of charge because i didn't even use this bag all that much knowing about this problem and i'm super careful with it too. but if i have to pay, then i might wait it out a little and see if it gets worse then get it replaced because its not that bad right now..i just noticed it cracking on 3 of the handles. argg it just makes me not want to use it. it's not noticeable at all..i only see it when i move the strap a little.

UPDATE: i went to my lv store today to buy a wallet and i asked my SA about my strap issue. She asked someone else (her manager i believe) about it and he said that they can send it back and repair it free of charge!! Yayayy!! i'm soo happy! It wasn't cracking that bad but I couldn't stand to use it when it was like that. It takes 4-6 weeks to fix it though unfortunately :sad: I guess i won't be with my baby for a month and a half :sad: I'll probably get her just in time for Valentine's Day and she'll look brand new again.