Colors to wear when carrying a LV in Damier Azur?

taho

O.G.
Nov 5, 2011
I'm very particular about how I dress and my handbags must blend with my outfits. My most recent purchase - a baby paddington in red - made me a little nervous but I've been doing well wearing it with white, black, grey, khaki, dark wash jeans (actually I think this sort of color scheme works for light-colored bags).

I have always thought LV's Damier Azur looked beautiful, but I'm worried that I won't be able to work with the look of it- leather trim and canvas pattern. I am thinking that it would look best with solid color dresses esp. white and baby blue, but that feels restrictive to me. I've yet to own a bag with a pattern and I wonder if my wearing a patterned garment would clash with it, etc.. So far I only own solid color bags.

If you could share the ways you dress (or ideas) when carrying it, I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't buy bags often and it's no small matter for me to drop 1K+ on a bag, so I like to be sure I can effectively work it into my wardrobe or work my wardrobe around it. Thanks!

i went to the lv forum and did a search of celebrities ...i would poke around and see if members have posted pics of how they wear their bags with that pattern. seems purple would look great, tan, blue, it seems like a versatile bag that you should be able to wear other patterns with. gluck with your decision....hth!

010.jpg

attachment.php

elliott-skinny-jeans.jpg

attachment.php

Beige, all the shades of blue, brown, khaki, yellow, pink, purple, fuschia and coral red are some colours that I could easily picture with an LV in damier azur.

as usual the neutrals would always work.... just be sure that your pants are not a dark color because of color transfer.... you have to remember that... stick with the beige/white/tan/brown colors as these are the main colors of azure (brown is for the bag when it has patinaed) LV bags can go with everything... it is quite versatile so you could wear any color.... if you want it to blend or stand out, its up to you so if you in to show that azure wear dark colors, up for the blending in wear whites blues, etc, etc... its all up to you :biggrin:

Reactions: taho
Wow, yes, the purple looks great with it. Thank you :smile:

i went to the lv forum and did a search of celebrities ...i would poke around and see if members have posted pics of how they wear their bags with that pattern. seems purple would look great, tan, blue, it seems like a versatile bag that you should be able to wear other patterns with. gluck with your decision....hth!

010.jpg

attachment.php

elliott-skinny-jeans.jpg

attachment.php

as usual the neutrals would always work.... just be sure that your pants are not a dark color because of color transfer.... you have to remember that... stick with the beige/white/tan/brown colors as these are the main colors of azure (brown is for the bag when it has patinaed) LV bags can go with everything... it is quite versatile so you could wear any color.... if you want it to blend or stand out, its up to you so if you in to show that azure wear dark colors, up for the blending in wear whites blues, etc, etc... its all up to you :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip about the dark pants.. Though, somtimes I probably can't avoid wearing them. But I'll be extra mindful about it. Yes! I was thinking to probably stick to the color scheme of the bag itself. Thank you for the pointers :biggrin:

Beige, all the shades of blue, brown, khaki, yellow, pink, purple, fuschia and coral red are some colours that I could easily picture with an LV in damier azur.

I did not consider the fuchsia and coral red but that actually would work out wonderfully. Thank you :biggrin: I'm gaining more confidence now in purchasing :biggrin:

I've just bought my first Azur so this thread is perfect for ideas! I was planning on wearing it with block colours (purple, orange etc) but never even thought of pale blues & whites. So much selection!

I always wore whatever I wanted---anything works really. But do be mindful of color transfer. I had a few James Perse tops that bled on one of my azurs, and of course, dark jeans if you carry the bag on your arm.

jewel tones really help the bag pop! Stay away from dark denim. Unfortuantely my azur has denim stains on it. The deeper the color the more compliments I get. ( good examples are , reds, greens, blues, pastels)