Vintage Kelly Mystery

littlemomai

Jan 25, 2010
I recently purchased a lovely vintage 32 Kelly in box leather. I can't figure out the year of the bag and the seller wasn't sure either. She believed it to be from 1960-1970. The heat stamp indicates that it is from the 1960-70 range but the stamp on the hardware indicates 1950's? The zipper pull is missing, so no clues from that front. I think I can make out an "I" stamped on the strap, but I'm not sure. Would any experts be so kind as to weigh in with their thoughts?

Attachments

• kelly1.jpg
    kelly1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 340
  • kelly2.jpg
    kelly2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 347
Still working on uploading 2 additional pics (one of hardware stamp and other additional picture of the possible "I" or "1" stamped on strap. My attempts at uploading those 2 pictures keep failing.

I recently purchased a lovely vintage 32 Kelly in box leather. I can't figure out the year of the bag and the seller wasn't sure either. She believed it to be from 1960-1970. The heat stamp indicates that it is from the 1960-70 range but the stamp on the hardware indicates 1950's? The zipper pull is missing, so no clues from that front. I think I can make out an "I" stamped on the strap, but I'm not sure. Would any experts be so kind as to weigh in with their thoughts?

My 1971 Black Box Kelly is marked with an A in a circle. The gold Hermes stamp is different. I can't wait to find out more about your bag.

My seller had some colorful provenence about the bag.

Darling can you post pics. Of all the Hw parts especially the plaques Hermes engraving the little feet and the handle.

Also is the handle softer more supple or rigid and well arched . In any case it's beautiful and from the pics I have seen it's late 1960s but more pictures may help best and it sure is a wonderful bag enjoy in the best of health !!!!!

I believe that a Kelly of that age with an "I" is from 1979.

Also, has anyone ever seen a 1960 Kelly with the "Hermes Paris" engraving on BOTH straps that reach across the front? Is this odd?