Another dilemma pls help...Mini flap or clutch???

Orchidlady

O.G.
Jan 13, 2008
So this morning I just ordered the lavender mini flap, which I've been hunting for the past month and was able to get the last one as far as I know. Now my SA from NM just called and said she's found the new lavender clutch for me (same one from NM Lookbook for $2100). I've been spending so much money this past month on Chanel so getting "both" to compare is not an option unfortunately so I HAVE to give up one *sad*. Please chip in your opinion as to which one you like better and why. TIA :smile:

I borrowed pics from CoutureCat and Mallhaciel for reference.

Attachments

• image-3062955895.png
    image-3062955895.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 639
  • image-2390393391.png
    image-2390393391.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 617
  • image-1962655446.png
    image-1962655446.png
    342.8 KB · Views: 626
I think it depends on how you want to use it. The clutch is roomier but can only be used as a shoulder bag or clutch. The mini is more casual and can be used crossbody or as a shoulder bag. Both are great bags to have in your collection, so it just depends on what you already have and how you plan on using it. I love the lavender BTW, I bought one in Jumbo :smile:

I bought the mini and returned it for the clutch. The clutch holds way more and I feel is more versatile. It's also something I can see me using for years to come. When it comes to a small cross body, I will use my LV Eva. The mini to me felt like wearing a small box.

Reactions: bagaholic1
I've never seen the clutch so I don't know how's it like. From pictures, it seems like the clutch is quite flat, I'm just concerned how much can I fit it there, iPhone, wallet, lipgloss, etc??? And is the strap really thin? Does it fall of the shoulder easily? The only thing I like about the mini flap, on the other hand, is the double strap :smile: lol

Only chiming in from pictures i've seen of the clutch (eagerly awaiting my clutch's arrival in a few days :P) but seems like the clutch would allow enough room to hold the items you listed and maybe more? I just remember looking at the mini at the store and thinking that it's way too small for my needs...i'm barely able to fit my phone, glosses and LV zippy wallet in a M/L flap so I would think the mini may not fit all your necessities too.

I've never seen the clutch so I don't know how's it like. From pictures, it seems like the clutch is quite flat, I'm just concerned how much can I fit it there, iPhone, wallet, lipgloss, etc??? And is the strap really thin? Does it fall of the shoulder easily? The only thing I like about the mini flap, on the other hand, is the double strap :smile: lol

I can put my kindle, my zippy wallet, phone and key holder in easily. It is flatter than the m/l but it is also taller. The flatter aspect means it fits under my arm perfectly. The chain is about the same as the WOC but I think it looks elegant and it stays on my shoulder. The new clutch is seriously my new favorite bag!

I bought the mini and returned it for the clutch. The clutch holds way more and I feel is more versatile. It's also something I can see me using for years to come. When it comes to a small cross body, I will use my LV Eva. The mini to me felt like wearing a small box.

I agree, I say the clutch. A lot cuter and bigger and plus it's unique ;)

So this morning I just ordered the lavender mini flap, which I've been hunting for the past month and was able to get the last one as far as I know. Now my SA from NM just called and said she's found the new lavender clutch for me (same one from NM Lookbook for $2100). I've been spending so much money this past month on Chanel so getting "both" to compare is not an option unfortunately so I HAVE to give up one *sad*. Please chip in your opinion as to which one you like better and why. TIA :smile:

I borrowed pics from CoutureCat and Mallhaciel for reference.

FYI, those two pictures of the lavender clutch are mine, not from CoutureCat. :shocked::weird:

Wow the clutch for sure! I tried on the mini today and it looks too mini with double strap. Looks better cross body but the clutch I had no idea existed! The size and price and colour!