I need your bag expertise!! I'm totally lost at my bag hunting!

LoveM&S

More Bags, Pleeease!
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
Ladies, I need your bag expertise!! I really don’t know what to do.

My big problem is this: I can’t find a perfect bag for myself.

I’m a shoulder bag girl. I’m looking for a single handle, horizontally long, shoulder bag. Not structured. The slouchy kind. Light weight. Bright colors are preferred—I’m actually not looking for dark colors at all. No logo preferred.

I am into Bal for a long time. My favorite style is the Day. It's one handle shoulder bag, vertically long.

attachment.php

This is the only style works for me in Bal bags. I still love the Day. But I need some changes. I really want a horizontally long, east-west, bag now.

When I talk about single handle shoulder bag, many people say “Oh, the City has a nice strap.” But I only carry the bag on my shoulder, and I really don’t need handles. Let me emphasize: I really don’t want the handles and strap combination at all. All I need is a single handle that can go over my shoulder!

When I think about my specifications, no Bal bag matches, except the Day. There are some old season or discontinued bags which have a single handle. But they are not horizontally long or not my type of shapes. So I’ve decided to explore other brands.

Usually, I am not a fan of bags with a brand logo. But, from time to time, I feel an attraction to a bag with logos. Recently, LV suddenly attracted me. I bought the Delightful PM.

attachment.php

It does have single handle and is horizontally long. It’s not too structured and kind of slouchy—Great! But the problem is I got tired of the LV logos after a few weeks of use. In the Delightful style, they only offer LV mono pattern so far. No other LV bags appeal to me right this second.

I also considered the BV large Veneta. It’s a nice size and works great.

attachment.php

But it lacks the feel of Bal’s nice soft leather. It’s a totally different kind of leather, and it’s woven. I understand I shouldn’t expect a soft squishy leather touch in a woven Veneta bag. But I really miss Bal leather.

I almost bought a Reed Krakoff standard hobo II. The bag is actually not horizontally long—it’s close to a square shape. But the leather is amazing! Buttery soft like Bal, but thicker, not distressed. The bag has a top zip with a turnlock which I would rather not have and the removable shoulder strap which I don’t need at all.

attachment.php

I also love another of their bags: the seamless hobo. It’s a plain simple hobo which doesn’t have a turnlock or a removable strap. But the style is vertically long like the Bal Day. Unfortunately my order of the standard hobo II, was cancelled and couldn’t have chance to try it. At this moment, they don’t have any colors that I want in the standard hobo II.

So, now I’m totally lost. I want a nice bag with soft leather like the Bal leather. In addition to that leather bag, I also want a non-leather (nylon, or canvas, or whatever) bag of the same shape. I would truly appreciate all your suggestions to help my bag hunting!

Once again, my preference is for a :

1. Single handle, horizontally long bag which goes over my shoulder.
2. Not structured, slouchy.
3. No brand logo on the exterior part (if possible).
4. Light weight preferably.
5. Bright colors. (No dark colors).
6. For the leather bag: nice soft leather, like Bal leather.
7. For the non-leather bag: no hard material.

I would really, really appreciate all your input and help!

TIA! :smile:

Attachments

• bal.jpg
    bal.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 3,950
You may need to go into the handbag design business to find your perfect bag. :smile:

A recent thread identified Junior Drake and Linea Pelle as having the softest leather. They seem limited in bright colors.
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/who-has-the-softest-leather-710314.html

I think of BV when I think of soft leather. You can get it in non woven or in bright colors but I am not sure you can get both.

Gucci has a lot of single strap bright colored bags.
http://www.gucci.com/us/category/f/handbags#hobos

EYE CANDY

Attachments

• gucci hobo.jpg
    gucci hobo.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,893
  • gucci.jpg
    gucci.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,843
  • bv .jpg
    bv .jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,919
  • bv 2.jpg
    bv 2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,967
I love all the bags iwantaspybag displays! Have you also checked out YSL's Multy? It's also a very fine bag! If, after all the looking you don't find, my advice is: don't buy! Hold off until a bag calls your name! At these prices, don't be in a rush. Take your sweet time and you will find the one. Happy hunting!

You may need to go into the handbag design business to find your perfect bag. :smile:

A recent thread identified Junior Drake and Linea Pelle as having the softest leather. They seem limited in bright colors.
http://forum.purseblog.com/handbags-and-purses/who-has-the-softest-leather-710314.html

I think of BV when I think of soft leather. You can get it in non woven or in bright colors but I am not sure you can get both.

Gucci has a lot of single strap bright colored bags.
http://www.gucci.com/us/category/f/handbags#hobos

EYE CANDY

Thank you for your reply and eye candy, Iwantaspybag.:P
My husband always said to make my type of bags. I should think about it seriously!!

I know Junior Drake and Linea Pelle's names, but didn't checked them in preson. I will go to a store to check them asap.:biggrin:

I love BV's non woven bags, too. But the problem is the sizes. Either too big or too small so far. I know I'm picky!!!

I love all the bags iwantaspybag displays! Have you also checked out YSL's Multy? It's also a very fine bag! If, after all the looking you don't find, my advice is: don't buy! Hold off until a bag calls your name! At these prices, don't be in a rush. Take your sweet time and you will find the one. Happy hunting!

Thank you, BgaHolic.:P
I checked YSL, too. I was checking the Multy and the Roady. Both of them are little vertically long for me. I love their leathers. I hope they will make a horizontally long version.

I used to buy a bag impulsively and regretted later.:lol: I will hold my horses!

I know Junior Drake and Linea Pelle's names, but didn't checked them in preson. I will go to a store to check them asap.:biggrin:

In person? What's that?

http://www.juniordrake.com/

The JD site is slightly funky--or maybe it is designed for intuitive types (mac) rather that linear (pc). You have to be patient and all the styles scroll across the front page. If you go to the shopping page, you have to put on you magnifying glasses to see the little arrows to scroll up and down.

http://www.lpcollection.com/store/handbags/view-all.html

In person? What's that?

http://www.juniordrake.com/

The JD site is slightly funky--or maybe it is designed for intuitive types (mac) rather that linear (pc). You have to be patient and all the styles scroll across the front page. If you go to the shopping page, you have to put on you magnifying glasses to see the little arrows to scroll up and down.

http://www.lpcollection.com/store/handbags/view-all.html

Do they have only online stores??? I live in New York and am quite spoiled I could find many things in stores easily. I might need to ask a frined of mine who is a fashion savvy, if she knows any select shops where carry them. Thank you so much for your help, Iwantaspybag!;)

Do they have only online stores??? I live in New York and am quite spoiled I could find many things in stores easily. I might need to ask a frined of mine who is a fashion savvy, if she knows any select shops where carry them. Thank you so much for your help, Iwantaspybag!;)

What I meant was for the OP was that she could look online to see if it was worth an in person consideration. She has shape, handle, and color requirements these brands may not meet. You can't feel online, but if you have the exacting demands OP does, she can easily evaluate these from the comfort of her computer.

OP If you do see something you like, you might use the "Google shopping" search to find out who has it.

What I meant was for the OP was that she could look online to see if it was worth an in person consideration. She has shape, handle, and color requirements these brands may not meet. You can't feel online, but if you have the exacting demands OP does, she can easily evaluate these from the comfort of her computer.

OP If you do see something you like, you might use the "Google shopping" search to find out who has it.

I'm totally lacking of reading between the lines! Duh! Actually not "between the lines" he he:lol: Thank you for putting up with me, Iwantaspybag!

Anya Hindmarch is doing a lot of brightly colored bags in what they call "raw leather" - very soft. Tender Birmingham has an orange AH Lacing Bag half off right now.

Thank you, morejunkny.:P
I know Anya Hindmarch, but didn't check her bags before. I will check them closely!

BV all the way!! I too was a die hard Day fan and got the large Veneta. It's sooooooo much better than the Day.

Thank you, grietje.:P
I love the large Veneta. It sits really nicely on my shoulder and very comfy! I saw some not woven version Venetas on ebay. Are they discontinued or special version coming back from time to time?

I saw some not woven version Venetas on ebay. Are they discontinued or special version coming back from time to time?

I'm not an expert in BV; I've admired the brand for years but only bought my first peice last summer. You may want to call a boutique or check in with the incredibuly helpful men and women on the BV subforum about other versions of the Veneta. Do consider the intrecciatio though; it lends a richness and depth to the leather and it's really durable too.

I'm not an expert in BV; I've admired the brand for years but only bought my first peice last summer. You may want to call a boutique or check in with the incredibuly helpful men and women on the BV subforum about other versions of the Veneta. Do consider the intrecciatio though; it lends a richness and depth to the leather and it's really durable too.

They have great leathers. When I checked BV in Barneys, I was not followed by a SA. So I enjoyed touching all the BV bags there!:biggrin:

Thank you again for all your suggestions. I usually hang at Bal forum and posted this question in there first. A member there suggested to post the question in here to receive more responses. I have never checked this section before. Now not only getting great advices here, but also found the another interesting section in the forum. I was very frustrated I couldn't find a bag for me for a while. Now, I'm really excited to find a new bag!

In Bal forum, many members recommended Rebecca Minkoff. I started to dig their forum, too. I think I'll check mini Nikki in person soon. It seems they have many bright fun colors and hardware choices. If you would have any suggetions for me, I would really appreciate it!

In addtion to it, if you have any other suggetions, please let me know. I really appreciate all your help and suggestions here.:heart:

If you want to go over to the dark side (join the Hermes secret handshake club):

http://www.malleries.com/authentic-...31cm-silver-pall-hdwe-bag-i-55158-s-2593.html

I am sure this must come in some bright colors.
:wtf::faint: Reminds me of the Gucci Jackie! Gorgy!!
LoveM&S, have you considered the Loren Taylor Immi bag? I can't check it out for you IRL 'cause it's made in the United Kingdom but it has me constantly going back and checking it out. Papertiger: If you're reading this, could you please let me know what the sale price of the mini is in U.S. $$'s? I love that it is suede lined and has just one strap!