Medium PS1 in London - old smoke?

laura711

O.G.
Nov 28, 2007
Hi all

I have been lurking about the PS forum and have finally decided that one of my 2012 purchases HAS to be a medium PS1 :graucho:.

I live in London and having difficulty tracking down places that stock PS. I went to Harvey Nichols today but they do not have the one I want.

My favourite colour is smoke, but I prefer the old smoke (more gray than brown) to the new smoke.

I have a few questions:

1. Is it still possible to get the old smoke?

2. Does anyone have any idea where I can get one in London or online? None of the online stores I have checked have the smoke. Does anyone know if Harvey Nichols would order one in? Also, the PS website says it has teamed up with International Checkout to provide intl delivery. Has anyone tried this and knows whether I would thus be responsible for paying import duty and taxes?

Thanks!

Hi, Liberty also has a small stock.

I'm not sure there are any old smoke still around, I saw LuisaViaRoma expected medium smoke at Feb 15 (preorder) and perhaps PS has changed the color a little for the new season.

The lowest price when buying from the US is at ******, they have a medium smoke right now too.

I have bought from the PS website but it turns out to be expensive, see here: http://forum.purseblog.com/proenza-schouler/proenza-schouler-shopping-finds-and-intels-666193-3.html#post18298937

:smile:

Hi, Liberty also has a small stock.

I'm not sure there are any old smoke still around, I saw LuisaViaRoma expected medium smoke at Feb 15 (preorder) and perhaps PS has changed the color a little for the new season.

The lowest price when buying from the US is at ******, they have a medium smoke right now too.

I have bought from the PS website but it turns out to be expensive, see here: http://forum.purseblog.com/proenza-schouler/proenza-schouler-shopping-finds-and-intels-666193-3.html#post18298937

:smile:
Thanks Ellie!

The picture on HG Bags has confirmed my suspicion that I don't much like the new Smoke... I read somewhere that it was to do with the colour of the leather changing so it is unlikely that they will bring back the more 'gray' smoke again :Push:

Both Midnight and Burgundy look beautiful though, as does the black with the blackish hardware!

It's annoying that PS is only stocked at HN, I'm surprised that Harrods nor Selfridges stock it.

It's too expensive to order Intl shipping from the US, as, on top of shipping costs, there is custom duty etc that is added on which is usually around 20%....!

We'll see when the new season smoke is in stock..

debi.n is also in London and I remember she bought and returned a couple of medium midnight (HN and LuisaViaRoma?), but in the end I think she got it from ******.

Hi Laura. I know you wanted a medium PS1 in smoke, would you consider a large one? I remember seeing the large PS1 in smoke @harvey nicks online.

I was also @HN earlier (was after a medium black PS1 which unfortunately they didn't have).

Did you see the gorgeous tobacco suede?

laura711, in the past years the spring/summer/resort has arrived between December and February, and when a color sell out it takes 2-3 weeks to restock.

Some stores only carries a small selection though, but permanent colors like black/smoke/midnight and tobacco suede are usually stocked.

Thanks for all your help Ellie!

Hi Abbey, I did see the Tobacco Suede! I'm not a big fan of brown bags for some reason, but the suede is gorgeous. I'm definitely looking for leather for my first PS1 though, in particular, as you are meant to avoid the rain with the suede, a bit difficult in the UK...

Hi. Like Ellie said I'm in London too.

There are a few more places that stock PS in London besides HN. The place with the most variety is actually Joseph - the one in Old Bond Street at least. They have loads of PS bags of all sizes and colours. I was by there the other day and can't remember if they had smoke though, sorry. They did have a medium midnight though. Also the new shoulder tote. Though I haven't been lately I know the Josephs in Brompton Cross and Westbourne Grove also carry PS so you could give them a call.

Besides Joseph they also stock PS in Liberty as mentioned, and Dover Street Market (though they only have a couple). Demicouture is right, Browns have a couple which is a new thing. They have a medium smoke online now. Also online at NAP, LVR and My Theresa.

I bought my PS1 from ****** and it is the cheapest option even if you are shipping to the UK. Email Erica about it.

I doubt HN would order anything in for you, they're not that helpful!

And I agree, the old smoke is nicer. But sadly I don't think you'll be able to find it again.

Good luck!

Hi. Like Ellie said I'm in London too.

There are a few more places that stock PS in London besides HN. The place with the most variety is actually Joseph - the one in Old Bond Street at least. They have loads of PS bags of all sizes and colours. I was by there the other day and can't remember if they had smoke though, sorry. They did have a medium midnight though. Also the new shoulder tote. Though I haven't been lately I know the Josephs in Brompton Cross and Westbourne Grove also carry PS so you could give them a call.

Besides Joseph they also stock PS in Liberty as mentioned, and Dover Street Market (though they only have a couple). Demicouture is right, Browns have a couple which is a new thing. They have a medium smoke online now. Also online at NAP, LVR and My Theresa.

I bought my PS1 from ****** and it is the cheapest option even if you are shipping to the UK. Email Erica about it.

I doubt HN would order anything in for you, they're not that helpful!

And I agree, the old smoke is nicer. But sadly I don't think you'll be able to find it again.

Good luck!
Thanks Debi.n, that is so useful! That information should be added to the sticky about 'where to buy PS' - does anyone know how to do that?

I must get myself to Joseph this weekend so I can see the smoke in real life. And thanks demicouture, I went on the Browns website and saw the medium smoke!!!

****** did look cheaper although I thought with shipping + duties it would add up to a lot more... it seems like a few of the ladies on here have bought from Erica though and shipped to the UK..

Hi Laura. Any chance you could let me know if you see a PS1 medium in black, prefarably gunmetal hardware, this weekend at Joseph? I phoned them today and the SA I spoke to didn't seem to know the sizing for the PS1 and had referred to it as C1 only. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Debi.n, that is so useful! That information should be added to the sticky about 'where to buy PS' - does anyone know how to do that?

I must get myself to Joseph this weekend so I can see the smoke in real life. And thanks demicouture, I went on the Browns website and saw the medium smoke!!!

****** did look cheaper although I thought with shipping + duties it would add up to a lot more... it seems like a few of the ladies on here have bought from Erica though and shipped to the UK..

Hi Laura. Any chance you could let me know if you see a PS1 medium in black, prefarably gunmetal hardware, this weekend at Joseph? I phoned them today and the SA I spoke to didn't seem to know the sizing for the PS1 and had referred to it as C1 only. Thanks in advance.
Hi Abbey, yep, will let you know!